Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332823 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Demon's Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print
Author Topic: Demon's Souls  (Read 41139 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »

I notice this message today when I was logging to play the game online:

"HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, DEMON'S SOULS!!

You've been there for us from the beginning, fans.
You helped to make Demon's Souls the success it is, and we will support you and the game as long as we can.

See you online in the fight for Boletaria!

World Tendency will be pure white through Oct 17th."

:')
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »

I miss Demon's Souls but this game called Dark Souls has got my attention pretty good ;)

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »

I miss Demon's Souls but this game called Dark Souls has got my attention pretty good ;)

Excellent, thank you for your contribution!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »

I just miss the Maiden in Black. "Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended." My friend and I had a feeling the voice actress was good looking based on her voice. Turns out she is indeed.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »

What a stupid fucking bump.

EDIT: Unlocking so relevant discussion like what recently happened in the Dark Souls thread goes here instead, but it'll be relocked if it's bumped with a completely stupid/pointless post again.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:30:50 PM by Eusis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »

Demon's Souls servers to go Offline next month

Fuck, no. :(

I'll have to play the shit out this game soon to see if I can finally get the dumb Pure Bladestone. I need that Platinum Trophy in my life.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: April 14, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

I'll have to play the shit out this game soon to see if I can finally get the dumb Pure Bladestone. I need that Platinum Trophy in my life.

wait you can't get it without the servers on? do you have to get phosphorecent pole for platinum too? (can't remember) i wish there was a way to patch it so it wouldn't matter the servers are going down.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: April 14, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »

wait you can't get it without the servers on? do you have to get phosphorecent pole for platinum too? (can't remember) i wish there was a way to patch it so it wouldn't matter the servers are going down.

You can get both offline just fine.  I think he just doesn't want to farm it and wants to have someone drop it for him. Platinum in both Dark and Demon's are both possible with no online at all.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2012, 12:32:55 AM »

Yes like Cyril mentioned, you can get every item in Demon's Souls offline. People play online mostly for PvP, Invading or to get rare items faster.

The problem with the Pure Bladestone is that is a ridiculously rare drop, how rare? Plenty of players has been stuck farming for 2 weeks or more for the dumb stone to appear with no success. It's a pretty tedious and annoying process unless you find someone that is willing to give you his stone if he/she has one that is...

The developers could easily put the stone as a prize for defeating a boss or in a secret area, but I guess they knew that everyone that is was going to buy this game is a masochist.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »

yeah i sat and farmed the dual kat guy for several days but there is a phantom dual kat guy that's supposed to drop on a more regular basis i haven't tried that route. i'm glad you can get platinum without the servers cause eventually i'm going to do it this one of the few games i feel i need to.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »

it'd be great if you could alter your PSN account name temporarily to "give pure bladestone" :)
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2012, 05:03:17 AM »

You know what was a big inspiration for the environments in Demon's Souls, according to Takahiro Kaneko? Legend of Legaia.

Awww yeah.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »

Guys. I might be wrong but I think that the Monk's Head Collar seems to be the only piece of equipment that you can only get online, because of all the hours I put into the game I don't remember getting the collar when I did the 3-3 Boss fight in Latria offline.

And the deal with this item is that is that can help you a lot to kill the Blue Dragon and Black Phantom Ostrava fast in the last area of Boletaria.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2012, 09:58:15 AM »

You would be correct, you can't get that without Online.

I never really found it helpful, personally.  In my opinion it's not really worth it other than beyond completion's sake. Especially because of how obnoxiously it fills up your screen.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »

It looks funny and it can help you to kill a big Dragon. Sounds pretty useful to me. Besides, I kinda like silly stuff to put on your character from time to time.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: