Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329490 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Demon's Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Demon's Souls  (Read 40200 times)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2010, 12:34:51 AM »

I saw that e-mail from Atlus. I find it quite funny how they're so proud of such an achievement, despite that they didn't even make it.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »

Spiritual successor of Demon's Souls or something along those line, the Sony conference is a mess. Can't wait to watch the trailer of this game though.

I can't believe it was blocked. :(
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2010, 04:39:51 AM »

I'm sure it wont be called Demon's Souls 2 since doesnt Sony own the name to it?  They will pull a Kings Field/Eternal Ring type thing when they make it multi-platform.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »

I'm bumping this b/c I didn't want to draw Dark Souls thread too far off topic, and plus it seems like quite a few people still play this.

(and I have a lot of questions)

My question is I finally got some plate armor but I don't like how my guy just flops on the ground instead of doing a good combat roll. If I boost my agility or endurance will that improve his movement to where he can do a good roll or is it simply impossible to roll in plate?

The info in the manual is scanty. I ask because certain items, like the purple flame shield, require certain stats to use and I was wondering if I had high enough stats I could wear the plate and move like i'm in wizard's clothes.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »

If you are having trouble rolling it's probably because of your Equip Weight. If you are at half or above of your maximum Equip Weight, you will lose your ability to quickly roll around. Your Equip Weight is increased via the Endurance stat.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »

You're my Blue Phantom in this crazy world we call life
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »

Endurance stops increasing your stamina at a certain point, but the equip weight increases indefinitely.  My dream is to wield the dragon boner or whatever, as well as my flame shield, and do agile cartwheels like when I was in first grade.

Who has done cartwheels since first grade?

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »

You're my Blue Phantom in this crazy world we call life

Funny you say that because seeing this thread made me fire up DS again and I ended up helping some guy take care of the black phantoms at the start of 1-4, he was so out of his league it wasn't even funny.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2011, 01:17:38 AM »

I seen this thread update and I shouldn't have come here,lol.  Now I know what these World of Warcraft addicts feel like because never have I been addicted to such a game before in many years.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2011, 01:51:56 PM »

The first time I beat the game I used a ranged character, keeping your distance from enemies while shooting them from a distance makes the game a lot easier, some of the hardest bosses become pushovers. For my second playthrough I went with melee (faith based character + moonlight sword which is one of the deadliest builds in the game). Defeating those bosses by getting up close and personal was even more satisfying specially considering the increased the difficulty of new game+. There was a point though where I thought I couldn't do it, I was stuck on the 1-4 boss for months and I couldn't even use the trick we discussed above because I had already done the Mephistopheles quest and couldn't change my spells anymore. Fortunately I had warding equipped so eventually I decided to bet on that, I had no idea it would reduce damage so much and it ended up making the fight a lot easier. I actually ended up jumping and screaming when I beat that fucker, the joy of overcoming the bosses in this game is without comparison.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »

if you die as a blue phantom do you lose souls?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »

if you die as a blue phantom do you lose souls?

Unless you are killed by a black phantom you will return to your world with all the souls you collected. If you are killed by a BP you lose half your souls.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMphk_j27yw

I fuckin had a spider on my wall when I was playin this song.

THE SPIDER WAS DESTROYED!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »

Love the music in this game so much! 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbxCRnzB7uk

That Black Phantom, so silly.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: