Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:36:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331455 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Favorite Anime
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Favorite Anime  (Read 12234 times)
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 02:30:02 AM »

My top 4 because I can't, for the life of me, pick a fifth:

1) PlanetES
2) Haibane Renmei
3) Texhnolyze
4) Now and Then, Here and There

And yes, I do love my anime to be quite...unconventional.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 04:22:05 AM »

It's been a while since I've picked up any anime. They're more time consuming than manga, really.

My favourites (after the first, they come in no particular order)...

1) Haibane Renmei
2) Chrno Crusade
3) Samurai X
4) Princess Mononoke (Movie)
5) Spirited Away (Movie)

I still have some anime in my cupboard, waiting to be watched. Full Metal Alchemist and Scrapped Princess are among them. I've read manga in the love/drama genre but haven't checked out any anime in the same category.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
arizlaan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 07:42:01 AM »

.........samurai champoo..........one of the beat

god is god
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 06:19:16 PM »

ah lets see here. I tend to rate my favorite anime on a few key factors which consist of how greatly the anime effects me after I watch it and if I am drawn into its world or not. here is a little list of off of the head genre favorites:

Cardcaptor Sakura I love most anything that comes from the girls over there at studio clamp, with the exception of a certain few. Sakura and her adventures of capturing clow cards are no exception, not to much more to say except that I just love everything about the series. (Warning: stay away from the dubbed version).

Fruits Basket Words cannot describe how emotional and memorable Fruits Basket was. Not the best series to sit down and watch all at once due to its strong emotional content, but is the perfect series to pick up and watch if your feeling a little blue, since it will always leave you smiling in the end.

Now and then, Here and there This one always gets me thinking on what would happen if I were in the same situation. The story, character growth and dialogue are all very solid and intellectual, which is a great feat to accomplish due to the fact that there are less than 20 episodes.

Angels Egg Not a series, but perhaps one of the best 70 minute animes you will ever see. With art design by renowned Final Fantasy artist Yasuhiro Nakura, this doesnt lack anything in creativity and intelligence and is truly a beautiful yet bleak story to behold.

The slayers Yep, I love this bunch. No matter how bad the situation gets, (and they get REALLY bad) they always manage to pull something out of thier sleeve and overcome the odds. The comedy is always up to snuff and never gets dull either.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 08:50:09 PM »

My ten favourites...:

1). Scrapped Princess
2). Azumanga Daioh
3). Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
4). DNAngel
5). Love Hina
6). Please Twins
7). Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
8). Midori no Hibi
9). Chobits
10). Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushi Sekai

LongingForHeaven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Yu Yu Hakusho
5. Samurai Champloo
6. Cowboy Bebop
7. Trigun
arizlaan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 03:14:48 PM »

I always love ARIKA ..movie ...awesome bike..

god is god
fearthecrystal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 03:02:21 AM »

If I had to pin it down to one i'd say the first Steel Angel Kurumi series but if I could add a few more i'd add : Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, N.O.I.R., Najica Blitz tactics,  Chobits and Louie the Rune Soldier.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 04:31:48 AM »

I don't watch much anime (sadly), but out of the few I've seen, Cowboy Bebop is my favourite.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
cruehead967

auron967
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »

It's been a long time since I was really into anime and watchedit a lot, but from "back in the day" it had to be:

1. Princess Mononoke
2. FLCL
3. .hack//SIGN
4. Wolf's Rain
5. Spirited Away

Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII
Currently watching: Freaks and Geeks, Big Brother 8
Currently listening: Pyromania by Def Leppard, B-Side Ourselves by Skid Row
Currently reading: Harry Potter series (again)
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »

I haven't really seen a great deal of anime, but in movies I'd say Princess Mononoke, and in tv series I'd say Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Well, technically Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG is my favourite, as it is better than the 1st GIG in most respects.
The_P

peaguy@hotmail.co.uk thepeaguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »

Quote from: "Thanatos01s2"
I don't have one favorite anime, but I love Rurouni Kenshin, X, Gungrave, Hellsing, and Ghost in the shell.  I like all of these about equally I have seen and I own alot of anime and these are without a doubt my favorite.  All of these animes have really good story lines and great action, just what I like.

Heh, Gungrave rocks. An American friend of mine recommended me this anime series last year. Who would have thought that an anime based on some mediocre video game series would work so well?

PSN ID: thepeaguy
Metal Gear Online + Call of Duty 4 at the mo.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 03:00:52 PM »

Ah, Gungrave. You know, I really liked the show when it dealt with Brandon and Harry rising in the ranks of Millennion Organization. But as soon as they delved into the fucking zombie bullshit the show began to suck, badly.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 04:05:54 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Ah, Gungrave. You know, I really liked the show when it dealt with Brandon and Harry rising in the ranks of Millennion Organization. But as soon as they delved into the fucking zombie bullshit the show began to suck, badly.

SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!  I seriously stopped watching after ep 13.  I have no idea what happens after itand I don't care because it got so dumb.
Viarca

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »

Kinoís Journey would probably be my pick if I had to make a single choice.  Most of the episodes are extremely well done, dealing with very profound themes that leave you thinking, and are presented in a way that would only make sense as an anime.  Itís not as flashy as some of my other favorites like X TV or Fullmetal Alchemist, and certainly not sentimental in the same way as Fruits Basket, but when I think about shows that have left a lasting impression, it always comes to mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: