Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327999 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  13 year old is a father
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: 13 year old is a father  (Read 7414 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »

The Sun article

I'm at a loss of words. It's disturbing.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 03:15:26 PM »

The really sad aspect is the sheer naiivete of the kids, especially the girl.  It never ceases to amaze me how so many teen girls have this dead set belief that a baby will be some sort of magical golden ticket that will fill some void in them and uplift them to some kind of higher plane.  At the very very least the boy wants to take responsibility for his action, but how long will that last?  I interned at a K-8 school and 13 year olds thought they knew it all and had it all figured out but didn't have a damn clue. 

I read a statistic somewhere that England has the most promiscuous youth in the world among first-world nations.  Of course, statistics can lie, but I ain't about to do a thesis. 

My view is that if you can't buy condoms at the drug store without feeling embarrassed, you're not mature enough for a sexual relationship.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:44:14 PM »

I liked the part where it says he likes boxing and video games.  There is a moral to this story here and that's that I have no idea how a female can find a young male so attractive to do THAT.  The phrase he's old enough to be her father takes on a whole new meaning in scenarios like this.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »

Uhh? Actually I'm not surprised in this day an age- NEXT?!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »

Worse, he looks 8.

It's nice that these two mean well, but... we'll see I guess.

Didn't an 8 year old girl give birth sometime in the 80s?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »

IIRC there's at least one case of a girl somewhere in Africa giving birth at the age of 5.  Although I only saw it referenced once and we may be talking about the same person and I just have the age wrong.

Anyways, looks like history has come full circle, as it always does.  In the Dark Ages, when life expectancy was literally around 16 years, this was normal.  You'd think we'd learn as time goes on, but...

*le sigh*
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »

IIRC there's at least one case of a girl somewhere in Africa giving birth at the age of 5.  Although I only saw it referenced once and we may be talking about the same person and I just have the age wrong.
I didn't even read it online period, I just remember it being mentioned back when I was in junior high, so I could have it wrong too. Surely Guinness has a record for that sort of thing...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 10:34:28 PM »

It does list that record and I think the age is around there.  But in the reverse scenario there is always the possibility the father may be able to raise a kid.  13 year old guys, unless they're sitting on an inherited fortune, probably won't. 

As Wild Arms mentioned, these situations are becoming frighteningly common.  Is it a lack of parenting?  Glorification of sex in the media?

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 03:08:40 AM »

Idiot parents who can't be bothered to supervise or pay attention to their children.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 06:05:09 AM »

The hell? How could someone have sex with something that looks like an 8-year-old? Someone who's not a pedophile, I mean.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 06:47:08 AM »

Oh, so proud to be English right now...

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 07:05:21 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

The youngest was apparently a 5-year old Peruvian. I'm amazed that's even possible.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »

The carrying capacity is shot for a reason.  If the general populace can't help itself, a governing body should.  This Earth needs to really rein in it's population control.  Or at least, start looking at ways to.

A set mandate where there is a certain age when you are allowed to become pregnant.

A limit on how many children you are allowed to have.

You should have to be able to pass tests showing that you are financially, morally, and mentally stable enough to support a child or children.

But this is in violation of "human rights" and "freedoms."  I do not believe that human rights and freedoms should equate to "being a fucking tosser."

Fucking kids.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 12:28:11 PM »

That said, the mother's a pedo. No two ways about it.

Howso?  She's 15, they're both children.  Under these rules, he's a pedophile too.

Losfer: The problem with that is that there's no way to enforce any of that.  Stupid people are going to fuck and make kids, and there really isn't a way to stop them.  And mandating a specific allowable number of children is also fucking stupid.  What happens if a mother is to give birth to triplets, and can fully support them, but the number of children she is "allowed" to have is 2?  That would be fucking insane.

And let's not even mention the fact that more than half the world believes that abortion is/should be a crime.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »

A set child limit as strict as say China's should never be adopted because it promotes infanticide to a ridiculous degree.  On the other hand, single mothers living on welfare in their parents' home and having 14 children (with such a ridiculous possibility as increasingly likely as teen mother birth rates) show that something like a relative cap depending on a particular family unit's social and economic situation is something that will be a necessary addition to every political entity, and will most likely will happen in our lifetimes as the global resources (notably fresh water) continue to dwindle.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: