Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  13 year old is a father
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 13 year old is a father  (Read 7471 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 02:29:34 PM »

Losfer: The problem with that is that there's no way to enforce any of that.  Stupid people are going to fuck and make kids, and there really isn't a way to stop them.

Chemical castration.

And mandating a specific allowable number of children is also fucking stupid.  What happens if a mother is to give birth to triplets, and can fully support them, but the number of children she is "allowed" to have is 2?

Kill them, obviously.

That would be fucking insane.

I think it's quite sane actually.  Mandate the number of global births so that the majority of the human race isn't killed when the tipping point is reached.

And let's not even mention the fact that more than half the world believes that abortion is/should be a crime.

Citation needed.

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »

Nature decided male+female=offspring. Humans added morals.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »

Nature decided male+female=offspring. Humans added morals.

We could always eat our young when we run out of resourches. It works in the animal kingdom, so it should work for us as well! :D
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 03:50:12 PM »

Jeffrey Dahmer: Ahead Of His Time.

Also:

Uhh? Actually I'm not surprised in this day an age- NEXT?!

This.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:51:45 PM by Lord Scottish » Logged
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 04:56:30 PM »

Wasn't surprised when I heard about this, though the pictures did come as a bit of a shock because the boy looked really young.

I don't know if population control is a huge problem in England right now, really. Developed countries have decreased birth rates at the moment, right? It's the developing nations that are spurring world population growth in the last decade. This article does bring up the social implications of teenage mothers. I mean-- I personally have no problem with 15-year-old mothers if girls these days were brought up to be mothers at that age.

I know that in some (perhaps now archaic) cultures, you're expected to be able to run a household and earn a living by the time you're in your mid-teens. These days, young ladies don't even know how to keep a kitchen/bedroom in order, much less nurture a needy and growing child. The two kids in the article.... I think they just let everything get to their heads. Entertainment in society these days is pretty sex-orientated; when you combine this with reckless parenting and typical teenage behavior, I guess things can get out of hand. But maybe that's just me. Either ways, 13 is still waaaaay to young for that boy to be a father.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »

Losfer: I'm not even close to what you'd call "pro-life" but your opinion on this matter sickens and disgusts me.  I'm sure that if it was your own kid up on the chopping block, you'd hold an entirely different opinion.

That is all.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »

Didn't China try this before then got fucked by an earthquake?
How the fuck are these two connected? That's like saying America got Katrina because we did something wrong. No, we didn't. We just got fucked because it was a natural disaster.

Anyway, I'm split on the abortion/life debate. What I agree with doing is have people take tests in order to dictate having kids (like a driver's license test) and limit the amount of abortions any one person can have in a lifetime (to say, three or four).

I'd say that would take care of a lot of problems.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »

It seems that today's kids really are more immature than last gen's kids. Is he seriously 13? SHIT, today's kids look younger too!!

Captain Falcon, why didn't you falcon punch the girl!?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »

Losfer: I'm not even close to what you'd call "pro-life" but your opinion on this matter sickens and disgusts me.  I'm sure that if it was your own kid up on the chopping block, you'd hold an entirely different opinion.

That is all.

See, like I said, all you do is fucking cry.

IT'S A FULL FLEDGED INTERNET WAR TOOT TOOT ARM THE TUGBOATS.

*Eats a baby.*

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »

...what?

How is being disgusted by your opinion on this matter == I am whining and crying?  I didn't say you should change your opinion, as you have every right to hold it.  I'm just saying I think it's despicable.

It's called having an opinion.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »

Okay.  As long as we understand each other.

I'm also a coprophiliac.

Danakir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 02:09:04 AM »

How tasteless.

~My melody of life, rhyming to memento mori...
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »

I think the government should start paying teens from the time they are 15 to the time they are 25 for each year that they don't have any children, and another bonus if they are married when they have their children. The amount of money should go up the longer one waits. (Also, since I hate abortion, I'd throw in a clause about money being cut off if an abortion is pursued...but you can again earn money if you choose to have that child adopted.). Free birth control would be readily available. I think this would solve a lot of societal problems, beyond just "kids having kids." Disadvantaged youth would have more money for school, young adults would be able to save for a down payment on a house sooner, etc. It would also save the government a TON of money.

I work at an alternative school for children with severe behavioral/emotional/social issues. My tax dollars pay $26,000 a year per student to attend the school. Just the eight kids in my class cost us more than $200,000 dollars a year. On top of that, many of the kids are in foster care, and have been receiving welfare/medicaid/social security disability/WIC and food stamps, etc for pretty much their entire lives. At some of the meetings on certain students in my room there are 8-10 adults--from therapists to social workers to advocates, etc. etc., etc. I can't even imagine the amount of money that is sunk into all of these programs from age 0-18 (and beyond--many of the kids in my program will end up in and out of jail and/or on welfare/disability for their entire lives).

Of the 80+ students in my school, I can count on one hand the number of students raised in two parent households, or with a parent that was over 20 when they had their first child. And my school is just the tip of the iceberg. I intentionally live in a poor neighborhood, and the majority of my neighbors get some kind of government assistance--section 8 housing, welfare, etc. The majority of them also are single parents who had children young (and continue to have children as there is a lot of financial incentive to do that). I think it would be much cheaper in the long run, as well as helping to create a healthier society, if we would make huge incentives for successful family planning instead.

Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:11:41 AM by Redeemed » Logged
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »

Apparently he's know demanding a DNA test to prove that the kid is his.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »

Asking for a paternity test in this case is a waste of materials since there is *no* reason or advantage in stating a 13 year old is the father. 

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: