Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 09:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337758 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  13 year old is a father
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 13 year old is a father  (Read 7572 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 04:02:30 PM »

But I suppose there would be one in proving he -isn't-.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 08:11:42 PM »

It's probably his mom making him demand a paternity test.  In the article, the boy's dad seemed kinda nonplussed and was just happy his kid tried to take responsibility. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:19:03 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 01:17:59 AM »

Being English, this type of news compounds my feeling that we're a degenerote race. I think we're still mentally stuck in the middle ages when this sort of thing was still acceptable, that's the only explanation I can think of.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 05:29:18 AM »

I'd thought this kind of thing was common. Well, not common, but not rare enough that it's shocking or newsworthy.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »

I'd thought this kind of thing was common. Well, not common, but not rare enough that it's shocking or newsworthy.

People are socked because this one case received a lot of attention by the media. Of course it's still messed up, but unfortunately not surprising.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »

Even if teen pregnancies are common enough that people adopt a "yeah, so?" attitude, I'll bet even a veteran guidance counselor feels blindsided when a student frantically runs into his/her office crying, "I'm pregnant!"   

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 11:46:04 PM »

I dunno, honestly I really dont care about stuff like this much anymore.  If its not affecting my life directly, ive sorta grown to just say screw it, at least in reference to what other people do with their lives.  Part of me is jealous that a 12 year old can get laid, but Im almost 22 and still havnt even made out with a girl, but then again I dont have a kid, so I win. 

I mean yeah its kinda bad that they are that young and having kids.  But in the end, thats life.  You cant stupid people from having kids or multiple amounts of kids or whatever, unless you decide to go all fascist or whatever the proper term is on society.  Best you can do is give the information, proper information, about all possible protection.  I am not really a fan of abstinence only teaching.  I get that its technically the safest, but most of the world is not going to be abstinent, so how bout we teach them to use birth control, condoms, getting snipped and adopting kids, whatever. 

But yeah..thats my little shpeel on it, im kinda out of it tonight so it may not make a whole lot of sense.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: