Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:41:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recommend a Horror Film!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Recommend a Horror Film!  (Read 7044 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »

Uzumaki (Spiral) - if you can find it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »

If we're on the subject of bad horror movies, the worst one I've seen was Idle Hands (starring Devon Sawa and Jessica Alba.)  It's supposed to be a horror/comedy but it wasn't funny, it wasn't scary, and was just plain stupid.  This was not even so bad it's good.  This was so bad it was bad. 

My friend rented it so we could attempt MST3K-ing it. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Solas
Soul Seeker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

If we're on the subject of bad horror movies, the worst one I've seen was Idle Hands (starring Devon Sawa and Jessica Alba.)  It's supposed to be a horror/comedy but it wasn't funny, it wasn't scary, and was just plain stupid.  This was not even so bad it's good.  This was so bad it was bad. 

My friend rented it so we could attempt MST3K-ing it. 

I thought it was (kinda) funny. Was probably meant to be a stoner or drunken movie though. For so bad it's bad watch "Werewolf" :)

bored? make some horrible rpg names :F
my rpg making blog
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »

Nobody's recommended Re-Animator yet?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
sakuragen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »

One Last Call 2 (the japanese sequel) - good actors - terrific story - and a love story thrown in for extra measure!!!!
fantastic
Inugami - much better than it ought to be - looks truly gorgeous and the director throws in a few stylistic tricks
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 08:23:21 AM »

Ju-on 1, the V-Cinema one. It's low-budget, but damn, I sure as hell have no desire to watch it again anytime soon. It's much scaries than the remakes and the American remakes.

Noroi is good as well, imagine something along the lines of Blair Witch Project mixed with Japanese occult. Very tense, yet so captivating!

My favourite is Kairo, but it's not really in-your-face kind of horror. It's pretty much the most depressing movie I've ever seen.

Used to be a big J-horror fan and still keep an eye on the scene, but due to the fact that I've become alienated from movies, I don't watch them very often. It's not like I'm missing out on anything, 3/5 of my dreams are nightmares and they feature either a zombie outbreak in my school or the Ju-on ghost Kayako, so I've got personal horror movie screenings at least three times a week! :D

to sakuragen: I remember bashing One Missed Call 2 for being a copycat of so many other horror movies. Loved the love story though, but I'm sucker for those anyway. :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:25:23 AM by Raziel » Logged
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 10:19:04 AM »

Shutter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V9PoLX6lfo
(Thai version, not the American version)

First movie that got me really scared (second was Exorcist).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: