Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 08:50:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327579 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Want to write about anime? (posted with permission)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Want to write about anime? (posted with permission)  (Read 2298 times)
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

For those who don't know, I run Anime Dream, the former RPGFan anime section started by Nicole (Sumire), that grew into its own site.  We've undergone a lot of changes in the last year or two (mostly tech-related), and are ready to increase our ranks again.

Right now, we're looking for anyone who'd like to publish an article with us to submit their work.  The vetting process is minimal -- if your article's good enough, it goes up (and you'll have the opportunity to provide us with profile info to go with it).  Right now we're able to accept news and reviews.  Reviews can be for a soundtrack or anime, and reviews of anime series can cover any portion of the series (from first-couple-episodes impressions to single discs to the whole thing).

Five submissions (fewer, if I really like your work) gets you an offer to join our staff and have access to free stuff.

Details here: http://animedream.com/ad/news/view/2249

Long live RPGs and blue hair!

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »

This sounds interesting. I might give it go. I don't have experience writing reviews or articles, but I do enjoy writing, at any rate, and I'm an avid anime viewer.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »

I can write about anime:

Naruto sucks.

Do I get the job?  :D

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »

Hired.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »

I can write about anime:

Naruto sucks.

Do I get the job?  :D

Meh, I think it gets a bad rap from the legions of narutards on the internet. From what I gathered from the shippuuden story line, they at least stopped most of the filler that horribly plagued the first series.  It still isn't a good anime, but it's still semi-decent for a shounen action series.  I still read the manga because I'm curious to see where they take the story.  Lately there has been some laughably bad time-paradoxes though.

Pein: "Copy Ninja Kakashi, I'm going to kill you.  *silhouette of Pain driving a nail through Kakashi's head*
Next chapter:  Kakashi is standing up, like nothing ever happened.

Thankfully it's almost over since there are just too many dead important characters to drag it along any further.

Onto the topic,

Looking at the submission page, I take it there isn't a min/max review length as long as the job is done properly? There's a few I enjoyed watching, but I see there's no review up for it yet.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:14:53 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

The site looks interesting, I'll definitely keep it bookmarked. I already do video game music reviews on my own respected site and already took the job as a Chief Editor at another game review site. I'll be look forward reading what you have to release in the future... being the anime/game music enthusiast I am.

Good Luck with finding new members. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

I take it there isn't a min/max review length as long as the job is done properly? There's a few I enjoyed watching, but I see there's no review up for it yet.

Your take is correct.  That's not to say I don't have a preconceived notion of what a workable average length is for various types of review, but reasonable coverage knows no bounds.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »

Are reviews of anime that have already been reviewed acceptable, or would you prefer reviews of anime that don't have any coverage yet? 

EDIT: Heh, last thing I wrote for AD was Ushio and Tora back when I was Blademaster Dezo. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:59:12 AM by Dincrest » Logged

So... where was I going with this again?
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:37:24 PM »

Glad to see Anime Dream is still up and running. The last submission I did was for Interstella 5555. Good stuff.

Looking at your list, am I correct in saying that Kino no Tabi (Kino's Journey) is un-reviewed? Because I'd gladly give you a review there. I don't want to be on staff, but I sure as hell am willing to contribute now and then when I have something relevant to say.

Let me know,
Ramza

Boomerang Flash Z
Ragu O' Ragula Slayer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 09:41:48 PM »

Same here.  I would not mind at all in contributing stuff.  I love anime!  Staff position sounds cool, but I think I need to get my feet wet in terms of writing the reviews.  I think I'll submit some and see what happens.  Thanks for the post in letting everyone know!

"I am the Grim Reaper's pen pal!  The ultimate macho man!"  ~Zed

"Do you think you can defeat a god?" ~Dhaos
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:43:26 PM »

Same here.  I would not mind at all in contributing stuff.  I love anime!  Staff position sounds cool, but I think I need to get my feet wet in terms of writing the reviews.  I think I'll submit some and see what happens.  Thanks for the post in letting everyone know!

I wish you luck in your writing endeavors! :)

Boomerang Flash Z
Ragu O' Ragula Slayer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 09:51:55 PM »

I wish you luck in your writing endeavors! :)

Why, thank you!  (Gulp)  I'm going to need it.  :)

Boomerang Flash Z
Ragu O' Ragula Slayer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 10:42:34 PM »

I just have a quick question, concerning the submissions.  I tried submitting a review earlier and it did not work, as it said that there was an error and that it would be fixed as soon as possible.  I kept thinking that I was typing in the wrong two words that it requires in order to verify the person.  But I was writing it correctly.

My question is, is it still possible for me to submit a review?  Or is just a bug that needs fixing?  Just curious.  I'm excited about submitting something.  Can't wait.  Thanks again, for the information.

Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 11:01:36 PM »

Are reviews of anime that have already been reviewed acceptable

Yup!  Way I see it, if something has several reviews, it must be more interesting.  I'd review a Crest of the Stars 10 times for every one of Betterman or Avenger.

Glad to see Anime Dream is still up and running.

Perhaps it's the OCD talking, but I'm far too invested in AD to back out now.

We had some growing pains with the homegrown software, but it's reached a sufficient level of maturity for me to devote most of my time to content again.  I wish RPGFan the best in you all's conversion, too.  It won't be easy, but the pain goes away faster than you think. :)

And Pat, I'll be happy to publish anything you want to throw my way.  More important than staffing up is my goal to ramp up the updates again.

EDIT:

I tried submitting a review earlier and it did not work, as it said that there was an error and that it would be fixed as soon as possible.

Please try again, and sorry.  The evil OS updater strikes again. :/

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:33:30 PM by Angelo » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: