Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327451 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  User Submitted Reviews
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: User Submitted Reviews  (Read 4493 times)
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:27:18 AM »

If I send in a review, do you guys mind if its already used in another website?

I write for PSP X Mag, and wouldn't mind sending in my reviews I have done to the site.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:04:33 PM »

Afraid we only take material that hasn't been published on another site. But thank you for the offer anyway, and if you write anything new, we'll take that.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 09:26:35 PM »

Dunno if I should make a new thread for this question, so...

Do you guys only take reviews for new games, or would you take reviews for games that are pretty old, but haven't been reviewed by anyone else on the site yet?
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »

We take reviews of old games, provided the review is good. :P That goes for all reviews, period, really.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 08:27:11 AM »

I wrote a full review about Shadow Hearts: FtNW. Here it is;

“Shadow Hearts is chill!”

I'm so proud of my first contribution. Will I receive a free game for it? :P

Nah seriously, I was asking myself a question. Do you receive games from game companies to review them in advance? I noticed that you reviewed some games before they were released in stores.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:01:47 PM »

That's usually the case. A lot of game companies release a game to the media a couple days or weeks early to get a review up a few days in advance (last second pre-orders anyone?) or they want a release up the day a game comes out so everyone reads about it...then runs out to buy the game.

Gamespot is a PRIME example of the latter. I bet by the end of today or tomorrow they'll have a review of Oblivion up. Guaranteed they've had the game for at least a month.

As for the 'Fan....they get the same deal...the kicker is that they have a couple importers for editors...so they get reviews for games up well before everyone else. (Star Ocean sticks out in my head. They trumped EVERYONE except for maybe Japanese RPG sites on this one.)

Shiggy FTW!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
Gamespot is a PRIME example of the latter. I bet by the end of today or tomorrow they'll have a review of Oblivion up. Guaranteed they've had the game for at least a month.

Gaming sites don't always get the games months in advance. Just Oblivion is a good example of this, as there has been an "online embargo", and the major review sites recieved their copies of the game just yesterday morning (mentioned both in an 1UP article, as well as during Gamespot's Greg Kasavin's 12 hour live gameplay session yesterday).

This is, of course, done when a publisher works out a deal with a gaming site/magazine, and gives that publication the exclusive rights to publish the first review. Not sure if this is the case regarding Oblivion, though, but it does seem likely. I'm sure there are many gaming magazines that would pay good money - or advertisement space - to be the first one to print an Oblivion review.
zain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 06:44:17 PM »

I have a variation of the question in the OP here.

I wrote that FF3DS review last week, but now I got hired by a website as a reviewer. Is it OK if I use that FF3DS review on that website?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 06:45:29 PM »

Quote from: "zain"
I have a variation of the question in the OP here.

I wrote that FF3DS review last week, but now I got hired by a website as a reviewer. Is it OK if I use that FF3DS review on that website?

Did you ask the people that hired you? That's probably just as important.
zain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 06:50:51 PM »

They're fine with it if its fine with you,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: