Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 06:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334672 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Star Trek
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 6680 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 12:19:55 AM »

Eh I was meaning to say that First Contact sucks, but I think I'm in the minority for that, heh.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 05:55:20 AM »

Star Trek IMHO hasn't not sucked since First Contact DS9.

Fix'd.

Now I'm going to kill you and dance on your grave.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 01:54:48 AM »

For me, its always been TNG, Enterprise, Voyager, DS9, Original.  Though to be honest those last three are meh anyways.  The only two I really liked were TNG and Enterprise.  First Contact was an awesome movie imo, the only Star Trek movie I really liked next to STII.  Otherwise the rest were rather bleh, save for the end of Nemesis, which was pretty cool.

Honestly I wont bash it till ive seen it, in terms of the new movie.  But then again im a more casual ST fan.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 07:38:25 AM »

I was DS9 all the way. The last 2 or 3 seasons were really good. Basically after Worf joined the cast I guess.  I hated Voyager and Enterprise. The original and Next Gen had their moments but I never paid much attention at first.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »

DS9, TNG, and TOS for me. Voyager has a handful of good episodes, as does Enterprise, but neither is really stellar in any way. Enterprise started to do things right, but then it was too late and they were cancelled.

DS9's always been the most compelling in my eyes. I love the season-long story arcs and the characters. Elim Garak, Gul Dukat, and Major Kira are some of my favourite characters in any sci-fi setting.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 09:35:04 PM »

I just honestly cannot remember much from DS9 for whatever reason.  Voyager was alright, though now that I think more about it DS9 is above Voyager.  I still like TNG and Enterprise the most.  I know im the minority with most of my friends on my liking of Enterprise, but I dunno, it was just really enjoyable for me.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 12:26:34 AM »

For me, DS9 seasons 3-6 were the best Trek had to offer. The first two seasons of DS9 were pretty dull, and the seventh and final season was...bad, to say the least. TNG from season 3 onwards was pretty good. For TOS, season 3 was the best of it, first 2 seasons were really dull a lot of the time.

I hated Voyager, though I will admit there a couple good episodes spread throughout, and Enterprise is so unspeakably bad that I don't really want to talk about it at all.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »

Wow. Really? Season 3? I think Season 2 of TOS is the best. Season 3 had almost no money behind it and most of the good writers like D.C. Fontana and Gene Coon were gone. Spock's Brain stands out as the primary example of a bad season 3 episode.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 02:41:48 AM »

Er, I might've gotten it the opposite- that season 3 was the bad one and the first 2 were the ones I've enjoyed. It's been a while since I've watched any of TOS, heh.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 08:48:28 PM »

I can't tell where one season of TOS ends and the next began, but otherwise it's what I remember of DS9, ST II, TNG after they finalized the cast and crew (no Tasha Yar or female Bones (can't think of the character's name)), ST IV, the good episodes of TOS, ST VI, what I don't remember from DS9 (and it's ending since it kinda got a bit too deus ex for me), ST:FC, the Mirror Mirror episodes of Enterprise, the absolute best episodes of Voyager (namely the Seven of Nine and Doctor heavy episodes), the rest of TOS, ST:N, ST:TMP, the rest of TNG, ST:G, ST V, the rest of Enterprise, and finally everything else.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »

Wait. Wait.

Wait.

WAIT.

Did you just say you liked Star Trek V: The Undiscovered Country?

The single worst Star Trek thing ever?

The one where they KILL GOD?

WAT.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »

More than almost the entirety of Enterprise and Voyager. Yes! Yes I did!

Now if either show had their communications officers fan dancing nude in the desert at night (thank god) then I would've ranked them higher (or at least that particular episode).

Besides how many gods are there in the Star Trekverse anyways?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 06:26:36 AM »

Depends on which Planet of Hats you're talking about. Bajor has the Prophets, Vulcan has several different deities and cults associated with them and without them, the Klingons had Gods, and even heavily military races like the Cardassians have some culturally protected faiths.

But seriously man? That's surprising. Enterprise has quite a few good episodes, as does Voyager, and while in their entirety they aren't that great, Star Trek V was... atrocious. Not even by Trek standards, but by movie and science fiction standards. It's on the level of a horrible Trek fanfic with a lot of money thrown at it. Even the original movie was better, because at least it had something of a conceivably interesting plot. V had one good moment: Spock in rocket boots. That was it.

But hey, no accounting for taste I guess?
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 08:22:05 AM »

But hey, no accounting for taste I guess?

I know there's no accounting for mine!

Not weighing in on the particular merits of Star Trek V, but in terms of movies, I decided a long time ago that I'd rather have low standards and be entertained by a lot than have high standards and be disappointed by a lot. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »

Wait. Wait.

Wait.

WAIT.

Did you just say you liked Star Trek V: The Undiscovered Country?

The single worst Star Trek thing ever?

The one where they KILL GOD?

WAT.

I thought ST VI was titled "The Undiscovered Country".

Edit - I was right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_VI:_The_Undiscovered_Country

So either you meant ST VI or you fucked up your titling.

And Enterprise wasn't terrible. It started off as terrible, but got progressively better. They realised they fucked up, and by the fourth season had let a real ST fan take over running the show.

But the finale is worse than Star Trek V - The Final Frontier.

:P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:33:40 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: