Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329976 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Star Trek
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 6603 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

Yeah sorry, Final Frontier. Undiscovered Country was good. :)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 04:18:24 AM »

Depends on which Planet of Hats you're talking about. Bajor has the Prophets, Vulcan has several different deities and cults associated with them and without them, the Klingons had Gods, and even heavily military races like the Cardassians have some culturally protected faiths.

But seriously man? That's surprising. Enterprise has quite a few good episodes, as does Voyager, and while in their entirety they aren't that great, Star Trek V was... atrocious. Not even by Trek standards, but by movie and science fiction standards. It's on the level of a horrible Trek fanfic with a lot of money thrown at it. Even the original movie was better, because at least it had something of a conceivably interesting plot. V had one good moment: Spock in rocket boots. That was it.

But hey, no accounting for taste I guess?

Don't forget about all those hyperascended beings in TOS that would frequently move planets, encase the Enterprise in some impenetrable forcefield, and warp Kirk and crew (or sometimes just Kirk) into some bizarre scenario involving identifying basic minerals or getting the hell out of Dodge. Is it so improbable that a twerp version of one of these guys shows up in the dreams of Spock's retarded half-brother and suckers him into conning Kirk's crew out of the Enterprise? And don't forget that all the other series (with the possible exception to DS9) had some uber advanced being/civilization pretend to be the all-powerful at some point.

All I'm saying is that it's not the worst that Star Trek has ever done.

As for Enterprise I tuned out of that show right after the Zindi (or however it's spelled) arc when Archer continued with some more of those Time Kompression shenanigans that the series did so poorly (plus UPN was in the middle of saying it's final fuck yous! at what remained of their viewers/victims).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »

They're doing a few fan episodes for Star Trek on the Sci-Fi channel. I'm really curious as to what these are, because I'm noticing a great divide in the fandom of ST.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »

And don't forget that all the other series (with the possible exception to DS9) had some uber advanced being/civilization pretend to be the all-powerful at some point.

The Prophets.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 06:07:04 PM »

Yeah, didn't the prophets at one point make a whole fleet of Dominion ships vanish out of existence...

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 06:51:22 PM »

Well...sorta. The Prophets used to live inside the Wormhole, when a fleet of Dominion ships went in from the Gamma Quadrant side...they didnt come out.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:10 PM »

I will admit that DS9 is one of those series that I really should go back and watch through again.

I'm also told that I need to go watch more Babylon 5.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 10:35:23 AM »

I think more worth complaining about than The Prophets are the magic D&D Fireball monsters (Pah Wraiths) that were in season 7.

God season 7 makes me facepalm so bad.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 01:51:49 AM »

I think more worth complaining about than The Prophets are the magic D&D Fireball monsters (Pah Wraiths) that were in season 7.

God season 7 makes me facepalm so bad.

Oddly enough that's the part I remember most about the series. However I also remember the show having a great cast which is why I'm never too sure about the show's quality on the whole. In fact the number one reason why Voyager and Enterprise failed so hard for me was due to their shitty casts (there were exceptions of course like the Doctor in Voyager).

Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2009, 01:54:46 PM »

A quick tl;dr: The "premiere" for the film was in Sydney yesterday. However, in Austin TX where they were "going to roll Wrath of Khan (which is newly remastered for Blu Ray) and then a 10 minute preview of the new film" shortly before Sydney would start. Wrath of Khan "melted" five minutes in, then Leonard Nimoy randomly comes out of nowhere and asks the audience if they'd like to watch the new film instead. ...I have the admit this was a pretty fucking awesome thing to do, since the people who *would* come and watch Wrath of Khan are Trekkies.

The first reviews coming in for the film are saying it's amazing. Not sure how much of that would have to do with the excitement of Paramount pulling this stunt, but it's got me very excited for a film I previously thought would be a crashing turd.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: