Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319128 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Favorite game that reviews/people hated
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Favorite game that reviews/people hated  (Read 12860 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 04:13:24 PM »

I played through 5 or 6 of the characters in Saga Frontier and enjoyed it alot. Other people didn't seem to though. =/

I thought the battle system was excellent, and the music was very well done. I had no problem with the whole free roaming thing either.

I also liked Legend of Mana alot. I don't see why people hated that game. You could also make it harder depending on where you placed the lands.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2006, 06:23:02 PM »

I liked SaGa Frontier too.  I once rented it just to see how bad it was, and was hooked to it all that weekend I had it.  

Some quests *are* better than others' though.  I found Red  and Emilia's quests rather enjoyable, but greatly disliked Lute's and Riki's quests.

I approve of this nonsense!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 06:41:54 PM »

Lute's quest was more of a sandbox mode than anything else.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 11:38:26 AM »

I liked SaGa Frontier too! Though I only finished Blue's quest, I wanted to do Aselus and Red's. The battle system was fun indeed, very similar to SGF2, I didnt like much the music but I loved how you seemed to have freedom in the game. Could travel around and all.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 12:55:37 PM »

I finished all the Saga Frontier quests, I completed SaGa Frontier II twice and I am seriously considering replaying both games. What does that say about me? Final Fantasy V and VIII are my favorite Final Fantasies. Also, Rhapsody is one of my favorite games, ever. I played through Secret of Evermore five times. Oh, and I replay Final Fantasy Mystic Quest almost every year.

And you know what? For some reason there are people who worship my opinion on RPGs. Idiots.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

Oh yeah. I completely forgot about Secret of Evermore. I loved that game.

I got it for my birthday one year and didn't stop playing it until I beat it. I liked the settings/scenery in the game, and the battle system, like SoM's, was very fun. And I liked the whole alchemy thing.

I might have to go back and play this one again. Great game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 06:06:36 PM »

Secret of Evermore was a very underrated game.  It was good in its own right, but it did feel like sloppy seconds to many gamers who compared it to the Mana games that Japan got.  

Still, the one thing that bothered me about Secret of Evermore was that it was quite buggy in places.

I approve of this nonsense!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Secret of Evermore was a very underrated game.  It was good in its own right, but it did feel like sloppy seconds to many gamers who compared it to the Mana games that Japan got.  

Still, the one thing that bothered me about Secret of Evermore was that it was quite buggy in places.

I didn't notice buggy things in a game when I was 12 or 13 because I was just enjoying the experience.

What are some bugs in the game you found?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 11:13:58 PM »

What's the problem of some people? Since when CC was poorly received? Just because fanboys of CT bashed it at net boards it doesn't mean it was an underrated game. What's next? FFVII? You know, there are a lot of FFVII bashers around.
By the way, the worst thing about CC battles was the music, no doubt. It was the worst battle theme I have ever heard. It's a pity, the rest of the soundtrack was amazing.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »

Bogatyr: The topic reads reviews/people. So, yes, I'd say having several fanboys bashing it on forums counts, though for 'lots of people didn't like it' and not 'underrated by reviewers'. But if people seriously believe that critics underrated CC, maybe they need to look around a bit more.

Edit: Though yes, I suppose FFVII can count. But I think the throngs of fanboys, and the fact at least half of us recognize it as being a legitimately good game make that a bit harder to argue for.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 11:43:04 PM »

Eusis,

I see, but if the topic has such a broad abranger, it would be best named "What are your favourite RPGs" pure and simple. I mean, any RPG will have at least ONE people bashing it somewhere sometime, meaning that this topic can reach virtually ANY RPG released, thus being reduced to a mere display of each favourite ones.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »

I think it's not about what games some other guys hate, but what games seem to be hated by the majority, or at least the majority around here. Probably not as reliable a benchmark as the sites and publications since you can just hit GameRankings.com to be sure, but eh.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2006, 09:47:32 PM »

Since when do CT fanboys count as people?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2006, 10:05:05 PM »

Since the fact that a good chunk of the people here, a mod included, are CT fans.

Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2006, 06:19:55 AM »

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Final Fantasy VIII
Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter
Shining Tears

All of them were my most favorite.

"We're anything but Normal"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print