Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 10:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335259 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 370448 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: March 10, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »

Since all I really wanted from Innocent Sin was to see the story I just used a FAQ that told me what Persona's to fuse and when, and also what fusion spells to use at certain points in the game. Playing thru the game was much less of a hassle and I got to see what I wanted.

"Oh, a hunter..."
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: March 10, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/10/how-will-you-survive-the-siliconera-devil-survivor-2-giveaway/

It looks like Siliconera has ten copies of Devil Survivor 2 that it's planning to give away by filling out some choices. Pick three friends, two tools to fight, and one secret weapon for a Septentrion.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: March 10, 2012, 09:47:08 PM »

Honestly the high random encounters rate in Innocent Sin didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I just switched the difficulty to easy , skipped the battle animation and used auto battle and most of the encounters were a breeze.

It was more the dungeon design that somehow was unappealing. those spacey , maze-like floors were annoying.

Pretty much this.

Now that I have access to a lot of the item that lowers the encounter rate things are more manageable but still, like you said, the dungeon design is a problem itself.
Not to mention that dungeon you are supposed to get lost to move on. Luck it wasn't that big of a dungeon but it still keeps you scratching your head until you run around like a rat in a maze just to realize you're supposed to go back to the some spot 3 times.

Yeahhhhh. They didn't bug me at first but I ultimately found EP's dungeon's inexplicably more annoying than P1's. I didn't really like how fusion in EP and IS worked either, really.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Justice

wing_hart@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »

Honestly the high random encounters rate in Innocent Sin didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I just switched the difficulty to easy , skipped the battle animation and used auto battle and most of the encounters were a breeze.

It was more the dungeon design that somehow was unappealing. those spacey , maze-like floors were annoying.

Pretty much this.

Now that I have access to a lot of the item that lowers the encounter rate things are more manageable but still, like you said, the dungeon design is a problem itself.
Not to mention that dungeon you are supposed to get lost to move on. Luck it wasn't that big of a dungeon but it still keeps you scratching your head until you run around like a rat in a maze just to realize you're supposed to go back to the some spot 3 times.
Yeah that's really frustrating. Fortunately the story and characters are good enough to make you look past the gameplay's many flawes
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1999 on: March 11, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »

Did IS have the 'fill out the map completely' sidequests from EP? Those pissed me off.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Justice

wing_hart@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: March 11, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »

I don't know if they did as I didn't come across any. But I always tried to fill the maps out , kinda OCD I know lol. I got tired of doing that eventually
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2001 on: March 11, 2012, 05:09:23 PM »

Persona 4: The Golden packaging
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: March 12, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »

Did IS have the 'fill out the map completely' sidequests from EP? Those pissed me off.

Thankfully, no. That guy only appears in a building that's not in IS.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2003 on: March 12, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »

I have to admit I somewhat like the idea of drawing my own dungeon
jello44

We have visitors!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: March 12, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »

Pretty much this.

Yeah, I remember that part being a pain in the ass, not because of the encounter rate, but it was more of a "Am I doing the right thing here? Did I miss something along the way?" Then I went around a few times then finally I got out.

I saved a lot of those low encounter rate things until the final dungeon, it was a life saver because I just wanted to finish the damn game at that point. :P

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2005 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »

Persona 2 trailer

http://gematsu.com/2012/03/persona-2-eternal-punishment-debut-trailer

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:33:41 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2006 on: March 14, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »

Persona 4: The Golden has a new battle song

"This week's Famitsu reveals that the Vita remake/port will have a new standard battle theme. This was created by Megaten music man Shoji Meguro himself and apparently makes good use of voice.

The original Persona 4 theme is in there too. If you're successful at a back attack, the original music will play."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2007 on: March 14, 2012, 05:21:04 PM »

The protagonist of Devil Survivor 2 is the best characterized silent protagonist ever.

"Pervert!"
"But I didn't even-"
"PERVERT!"

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: March 14, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »

The protagonist of Devil Survivor 2 is the best characterized silent protagonist ever.

"Pervert!"
"But I didn't even-"
"PERVERT!"

"Buenos dias!"
"Buenas noches!"
"Callete!" (Misspelled Spanish word. It's "Callate".)

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2009 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:27 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/16/atlus-upgraded-background-graphics-for-persona-4-the-golden/

Let's all compare the updated graphics from a scene in P4: The Golden!

...Actually, the foggy atmosphere is better than that...

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: