Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:03:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334651 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 365054 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2145 on: July 02, 2012, 11:03:17 AM »

Persona 1 is rather clunky, but Persona 2 Innocent Sin is very good. It is still somewhat old-school, but it doesn't feel nearly as old as Persona 1.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2146 on: July 02, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »

Anyone here that has played any version of Soul Hackers can tell me how is the encounter rate, at least in the respective version of the game?

I'm excited for this game but when I look back at Persona 1 and Persona 2 IS those high encounters rate just make me wanna quit it. For P2:IS I at least played more than half the game and if I keep pushing I'm sure I can go further because at least with difficulty settings in easy mode I can just auto-battle my way through but I couldn't manage to even think about trying to finish P1. Even Strange Journey with its obtuse dungeons doesn't have battles that last so long.

I have faith Atlus will make some adjustments to cater this game to a wider audience, with so many demons being added I can't imagine an easy setting would be much to expect, at least for a re-release. As for SMT4, that I expect to be tough as nails as we've come to expect from Atlus.

SH's encounter rate is pretty reasonable. Better than both P2's I'd say. You can walk many, many steps without getting in a fight.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2147 on: July 02, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »

When I played Revelations: Persona a decade ago I thought it wasn't very good.  Now that I fuckin' love Persona 3 I'm curious about the recent PSP Persona games.  Can anyone honestly recommend them, or should I just stick to the new class of more recent SMT games?

I'm not sure if I can recommend the first Persona for PSP for you. If you hated Revelations, there's no way you'll like the PSP remake. I highly recommend Innocent Sin, however. Great story and characters, but the battle system might be a little archaic for your tastes if you're used to P3 and P4.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2148 on: July 02, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »

P2: Innocent Sin still has a few issues but overall I think it's pretty good, if anything for the story and characters. I still haven't beat it but I'm not far and while sometimes I need to take a break from it, I can honestly say I'm enjoying what I'm playing. This however is not the case for P1, with no exaggerations I think P1 is the worst game in the megaten franchise I've played.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2149 on: July 03, 2012, 12:56:47 AM »

When I played Revelations: Persona a decade ago I thought it wasn't very good.  Now that I fuckin' love Persona 3 I'm curious about the recent PSP Persona games.  Can anyone honestly recommend them, or should I just stick to the new class of more recent SMT games?

I'm not sure if I can recommend the first Persona for PSP for you. If you hated Revelations, there's no way you'll like the PSP remake. I highly recommend Innocent Sin, however. Great story and characters, but the battle system might be a little archaic for your tastes if you're used to P3 and P4.
I've played every Dragon Quest to completion, so I think I can handle archaic battle systems.  I'll take y'alls recommendations under advisement, but I think I'll borrow a friend's PSP with Persona Uno and Innocent Sin first to see just how I like it.  I know at least two people in my old college gaming club have both.  

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2150 on: July 05, 2012, 05:01:32 AM »

Anyone here that has played any version of Soul Hackers can tell me how is the encounter rate, at least in the respective version of the game?

On the Saturn version the encounter rate get's pretty heavy around the last few hours of play. I recommend to install moduiles "Back upper" which is save anywhere, "Hyakutarou" which prevents back attacks. If you want to lower the encounter rate you can use "Caps lock" which is meant to prevent low level encounters, I find this module lowers all encounters.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2151 on: July 05, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »

is it ok to discuss P4 Arena in this thread? really looking forward to it though seems to be some fuss over it being reigon locked on both consoles.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2152 on: July 05, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »

is it ok to discuss P4 Arena in this thread? really looking forward to it though seems to be some fuss over it being reigon locked on both consoles.

There's already a thread for it in the MISC. section, but I guess we could discuss it here since there's going to be a significant story mode in the game. They're advertising 30 hours worth of story.

What's the big deal about the region lock? Oh, I guess that would suck for people from Europe. Didn't think of that.

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2153 on: July 05, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »

Word is that the EU publisher pressured Atlus to do this, which is all kinds of crooked.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2154 on: July 05, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »

Region locks are from the fucking Devil.

Something that served a purpose back in the day now being used to deny fans the opportunity to buy it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2155 on: July 05, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »

Word is that the EU publisher pressured Atlus to do this, which is all kinds of crooked.

Since the EU version doesn't even have a release date yet, they might be afraid Europeans would just import it.  I wonder though, does Zen have enough push to get them to do that?

Either way, shitstorm brewing on neogaf about it.  Whatever the reason is, it probably isn't worth the shit people are going to give them.  It's like Bioware/ME3 all over again over there.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 05, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's just speculation.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2157 on: July 05, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »

indeed it is.  Also possible that they're trying to prevent Japanese fans from buying a fairly cheaper US version since the versions are largely similar and release date isn't too far apart.  You could easily save $20ish bucks even with S&H.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2158 on: July 06, 2012, 01:19:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's just speculation.

%100 agree with that statement
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2159 on: July 07, 2012, 03:42:58 AM »

I'm moving to Korea this week. So I am basically going to have to buy two versions. One for here and one for over there if I want to play the game.

Atlus can fuck right off.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: