Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 09:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330064 Posts in 13526 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 257 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 351219 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: July 16, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »

So where is the current-gen home console Megami Tensei, eh?

I really frickin' hoped they'd get their act together and release SMTIV on PS3, then later do all kinds of other games by using the existing demon graphics or even the same engine, and thus profit.

Or maybe there's been two-three guys working extra hours at Atlus Japan since 2006, designing and creating the 3d models for demons bit by bit? One can only hope.

SMTIV is coming out for 3DS.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: July 16, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »

I think he knew that, just wishing it was on PS3.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: July 16, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »

I think he knew that, just wishing it was on PS3.

I wasn't sure by the wording of it, but I think you're right. Part of me wishes they made it for PS3, but I think they're next big PS3 venture is going to be P5. It's strange how SMT has stuck mostly to handhelds for a long time now.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: July 16, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »

Yeah, I'm fully aware of the 3DS SMTIV, and I'm definitely excited. However I was hoping that there would be a current-gen outing for a home console as well. I don't really care for technical graphical quality at all, but I'm just worried that with SMT remaining on handhelds, the series is more likely to stick to the tried and true formula for ages to come. On the other hand, PSP Vita and 3DS are pretty powerful pieces of hardware themselves so maybe it's not that bad after all. It's just sad to see the main series relegated to handhelds when in all probability Persona will go home console sooner or later, but well, Persona does attract more people so yeah.

Oh well.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: July 18, 2012, 06:53:46 AM »

I personally think that having a map to look at at all times is a godsend. As much problems as I've had with Strage Journey one thing I can't complain is the lovely map on the bottom screen.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: July 18, 2012, 05:42:17 PM »

I personally think that having a map to look at at all times is a godsend. As much problems as I've had with Strage Journey one thing I can't complain is the lovely map on the bottom screen.

Definitely one of the things I love about the DS is having two screens. It's very helpful. I think this will also come in handy for RPGs on the Wii U since the controller has a screen on it. It can free up the screen because you can manage your inventory and everything else on the controller.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: July 20, 2012, 10:37:34 AM »

Finally my Persona 4: The Golden arrived! Liestening to "Signs of Love" again brings back so many memories.

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to play but out of the bat the graphics look amazing. Of all those remakes and remastered editions, I say this only comes short of ICO/Shadow of the Colossus.

Already in the beginning I can see the some nice additions. It's also nice being able to press select and you can replay the dialogue with the voice acting as this will surely help me not to miss anything as this game has a lot of kanji I'm not familiar with.

When I got the game I thought about looking for some more in depth changes and it seems some skills from the characters have changed, for the better I think, making Naoto, Kanji and Yukiko excellent!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: July 20, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »

I thought Yukiko was always excellent.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: July 20, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »

Love the character, but never kept her in my team for endgame. Teddie and Main on support, Kanji and Chie on burying fools.

From what I've heard, if I get P4G, I'm going straight to the highest difficulty. I hear the new skills makes the game even easier.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2199 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

P4G came out already? Ugh, I wish I had a Vita. I'll probably just buy the game and hold off on the Vita for a while.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: July 20, 2012, 04:33:44 PM »

DANG IT! October needs to get here soon. I need my Adachi social link!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: July 20, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »

P4G came out already? Ugh, I wish I had a Vita. I'll probably just buy the game and hold off on the Vita for a while.

The import is out, not until the fall here.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2202 on: July 22, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »

Don't think this was on the front page, so more info for Soul Hackers via siliconera:

-Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers will be a bit more user friendly than it was on the Sega Saturn. Atlus added a "COMP Hack" feature that lets players change difficulty setting on the fly. 

-The COMP Hack menu also has options for auto mapping and and a devil analysis hack.

-Speaking of demons, Nemecchi is a new to Soul Hackers. Players can power this creature up via Streetpass tags

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: July 23, 2012, 10:24:28 AM »

So I've been thinking about the Persona 3 Movie, and I had a thought. What if this is continuing off what Margaret told us after you beat her in Persona 4? Thats probably wishful thinking, but it would be kind of stupid to give us that, and then not follow up. Although this probably isn't the case. D:

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2204 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »

Spoil P4: Arena and Elizabeth will kill you.

Well, that seems to be the case anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 257 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: