Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 09:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337939 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 374039 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3180 on: May 27, 2013, 08:30:03 AM »

Klyde- when I think about it that way, yeah, I relate to so many of the P2 characters.  Maya, Eikichi, Katsuya... 

And, not gonna lie, I did have a bit of a "grown-up pixel crush" on Yukino in IS back when I played the import.  <3 her! 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3181 on: May 27, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »

Klyde- when I think about it that way, yeah, I relate to so many of the P2 characters.  Maya, Eikichi, Katsuya... 

And, not gonna lie, I did have a bit of a "grown-up pixel crush" on Yukino in IS back when I played the import.  <3 her! 

Nothing to be ashamed of there good sir! Hell, I figure if things don't work between me and Rei Ayanami,  I'll probably just go after Ulala myself..... Good to know I've finally found some "options" in life...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3182 on: May 27, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »

So there is day 1 DLC guys.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/23/shin-megami-tensei-iv-dlc-makes-leveling-up-easier/
Its kind of an extra dungeon if you really really really suck at the game, you go their, kill them, and they drop experience point boosts. This sounds like a cool thing for beginners, but...WHY ISN'T IT JUST IN THE GAME?

There's an extra demon as well. I was *really* hoping they weren't going to pull this with their DLC but I should have known better.

It's a palette swap of another demon.  Quit crying.  It's not a big deal.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3183 on: May 27, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »

It's the first DLC that was announced, so no reason to assume the rest of the DLC will follow this trend. I believe Atlus will give us some quality in the future.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3184 on: May 28, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »

So I've finally picked up Soul Hackers again, but man, this game just doesn't excite me. The Haunted House got a bit annoying so I just put on auto map and easy and rushed through it. The dungeon itself is cool though. I like how your choices affect how difficult that boss fight can be too. I just didn't feel the want to actually try at it though.

Now I'm on the Mayone fight and getting my ass handed to me. If I grind up two levels I can make Byakko with marakaran, where can I grind that will actually give me xp? That optional dungeon doesn't give me very much xp per fight.

Edit: I also picked up Strange Journey. Does anyone know where i can get some cover scans, because mine didn't come with a case.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3185 on: May 28, 2013, 05:24:09 PM »

Can you go into any past dungeons to grind? It probably won't help you too much if you grind, honestly. It helps to have a better demon set-up. The Byakko with Makaran will definitely help you, though. I can't remember how I won that fight, but I remember it being really easy the second time I tried for some reason. I think I had Leprechaun in my party with Rakunda.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3186 on: May 28, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »

Oh yeah, I got leprechaun. Doesn't help much, my party is destroyed within seconds. I can't get Byako until I'm level 40 though, and I'm level 38.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3187 on: May 28, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »

So I've finally picked up Soul Hackers again, but man, this game just doesn't excite me. The Haunted House got a bit annoying so I just put on auto map and easy and rushed through it. The dungeon itself is cool though. I like how your choices affect how difficult that boss fight can be too. I just didn't feel the want to actually try at it though.

Now I'm on the Mayone fight and getting my ass handed to me. If I grind up two levels I can make Byakko with marakaran, where can I grind that will actually give me xp? That optional dungeon doesn't give me very much xp per fight.

Edit: I also picked up Strange Journey. Does anyone know where i can get some cover scans, because mine didn't come with a case.

That is ironic... I put it down at the EXACT same spot a week ago myself... It is really rare for me to abandon a title this far into it but I (like you) just don't seem to have a real itch to continue.

I imagine I will pick it back up once I finally polish off P2 EP, but I am not looking forward to that boss fight... I think I lost like 9 times in a row last I turned it on-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3188 on: May 28, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »

That is ironic... I put it down at the EXACT same spot a week ago myself... It is really rare for me to abandon a title this far into it but I (like you) just don't seem to have a real itch to continue.

I imagine I will pick it back up once I finally polish off P2 EP, but I am not looking forward to that boss fight... I think I lost like 9 times in a row last I turned it on-LoL

Well you have Persona 2 EP as an excuse. I have started so many SMT games its ridiculous. This is the farthest I've made it into an SMT game since I beat P2 IS like four months ago. Soul Hackers has been very enjoyable for me thus far, but once I put it down, I just never wanted to pick it up again. The story is great, but the gameplay is so uninteresting. Kind of like my feelings towards P2. I think I'm doing with this game, what I did with that. Playing it nonstop when I get it, getting burnt out. And never really wanting to pick it up. Although when I did it with P2, the minute I picked it up, i was not going to put it down. Soul Hackers doesn't give me that feeling.

Also random thought, but am I the only one who really loved the Deva Yuga in P1? I started humming the theme to that earlier, although Revelations: Persona had more moody music, the PSP version seems to me like the music is FAAAAR better out of context.

Edit: Mayone is beat. Just had to do some creative fusing, and beat that awful woman. Didn't need Byako either. I got Kaso with Marakaran who would cast it right as they were about to hit with powerful attacks. Ten hours in, half way through. Either this game is short or I'm fast.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:20:44 AM by Bleaker » Logged

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3189 on: May 29, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »

Just chiming in to post that I lost desire just slightly before the Haunted House as well.  I suppose you could say I lost it at the haunted house as well because that's where I'm headed to save a certain someone.  This game is pretty good, but I'm just not feeling it for some reason.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3190 on: May 29, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/29/this-week-in-sales-shin-megami-tensei-iv-did-really-really-well/

So apparently Japan really likes this game. Can't wait.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3191 on: May 30, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »

More deep and meaningful Shin Megami Tensei IV DLC announced -- NeoGAF

Seems fair to assume that the DLC for P5 is gonna be just as good.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3192 on: May 30, 2013, 04:47:42 PM »

Rather it be this kind of stuff than something else. Plus, they need to make money. This takes nothing away from the experience of a player who chooses not to buy it.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3193 on: May 30, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »

Plus, they need to make money.

Uh, yeah. :|
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3194 on: May 31, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »

I'm at the final boss in Soul Hackers. The magical one I think, because I killed Tiamat. What demons are good for this fight, because the ones I have now suck.

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: