Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 02:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331798 Posts in 13585 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 358636 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3420 on: September 18, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »

So I have a question about SMTIV. If I have an opportunity to choose between fighting a boss demon and fighting some putz with a supped up hoard of trash mobs, will I miss anything if I opt for taking out the trash rather than fighting the boss?

I think I know which part you're talking about. I opted for the trash mob, I think it later opens up an optional side quest where you can fight said boss anyway. I'm pretty your decision affects your alignment as well.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3421 on: September 18, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »

So I have a question about SMTIV. If I have an opportunity to choose between fighting a boss demon and fighting some putz with a supped up hoard of trash mobs, will I miss anything if I opt for taking out the trash rather than fighting the boss?

I think I know which part you're talking about. I opted for the trash mob, I think it later opens up an optional side quest where you can fight said boss anyway. I'm pretty your decision affects your alignment as well.

Oh cool. I knew about the alignment change since I wanted to lean towards Chaos for now so that I can swing back toward Neutral when the big decision comes up, but both guides on GameFAQs are laden with spoilers and didn't mention anything of relevance within the parts of the game I had already covered so I figured this was the next best place to ask.

But still, for future reference, will making similar choices down the line lock me out of something like a particular Special Fusion?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3422 on: September 18, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »

There are a number of fusions specific to certain alignments, but you can carry them over between playthroughs. The alignment "lock" doesn't happen to much pretty the end game though, and everything before that is shared.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3423 on: September 19, 2013, 12:21:44 AM »

There are a number of fusions specific to certain alignments, but you can carry them over between playthroughs. The alignment "lock" doesn't happen to much pretty the end game though, and everything before that is shared.

My bad, I should've been clearer on my question.

I meant can I fuse the demon if I never fight the guy in the first place (alignment be dammed)?

And for specific reference:
Code:
I'm asking about the guy you need to fight for the talisman needed to enter Ikebukuro. I opted to kick the teeth of the Ashura-Kai thug and his pack of Harpies in instead. Between worrying about missing a special fusion and the possibility of encountering a similar situation with the Ring of Gaea, I wanted an answer that didn't involve me spoilering the hell out of myself to look up in the process.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: September 19, 2013, 01:11:49 AM »

Yeah, I don't want to get into console favoritism here, but what exactly would be wrong about EO on Vita?

It's not so much wrong as that the library will be locked off from reprinting or continued digital distribution on the rival's platforms if one of the platform holders got Atlus, and the games from the opposite platform may not do as well on the new one. Even if we still got EO you'd be potentially uprooting much of their base, or it'll be a harder sell. Unless they somehow came up with a special Atlus exception on multiplatform I just couldn't see either Sony or Nintendo being all that good for many reasons, nevermind MICROSOFT.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:42:02 AM by Eusis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3425 on: September 19, 2013, 02:24:21 AM »

Yeah, I don't want to get into console favoritism here, but what exactly would be wrong about EO on Vita?

It's not so much wrong as that the library will be locked off from reprinting or continued digital dsitribution on the rival's platforms if one of the platform holders got Atlus, and the games from the opposite platform may not do as well on the new one. Even if we still got EO you'd be potentially uprooting much of their base, or it'll be a harder sell. Unless they somehow came up with a special Atlus exception on multiplatform I just couldn't see either Sony or Nintendo being all that good for many reasons, nevermind MICROSOFT.

Oh, I wasn't really advocating a Sony acquisition or anything.  I was just curious what you thought wouldn't work about something like EO on Vita.  And I got a lot of responses ;)

I don't know, I still think it would be pretty doable.  You've got a full touch screen, after all.  Would require some interface changes, sure, but I think it could be done.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3426 on: September 19, 2013, 05:08:48 AM »

I meant can I fuse the demon if I never fight the guy in the first place (alignment be dammed)?

Code:
I'm asking about the guy you need to fight for the talisman needed to enter Ikebukuro. I opted to kick the teeth of the Ashura-Kai thug and his pack of Harpies in instead. Between worrying about missing a special fusion and the possibility of encountering a similar situation with the Ring of Gaea, I wanted an answer that didn't involve me spoilering the hell out of myself to look up in the process.

Ah, okay. No, you need to fight him. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3427 on: September 19, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »

Code:

Ah, okay. No, you need to fight him. :)

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3428 on: September 21, 2013, 11:22:52 AM »

Small update in my quest to kill all SMT uber bosses: Satan in DDS2 went down. Not nearly as frustrating as Hitoshura, but pretty rough.

Next is Lucifer in Raidou 2. Then Demiurge in Strange Journey.
(Already downed Elizabeth in P3 vanilla and Margaret in P4.)

Soul Hackers' post game bosses are scary.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3429 on: September 22, 2013, 02:37:48 AM »

Lucifer in Raidou 2 is pretty easy, IMO.  You should have probably tackled him first, haha.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3430 on: September 22, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »

Who are the post-game bosses in Soul Hackers?

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3431 on: September 23, 2013, 09:37:12 PM »

*deep breath*

Sid Davis, Shiva, Vishnu, Kyouji Kuzunoha, Raidou Kuzunoha, The Soulless God, Beelzebub, King Frost, Pallas Athena... to name a few.

All voice acted!

The penultimates are Kyouji, Raidou, and the Soulless God. You fight them back to back to back. I couldn't get past Kyouji.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3432 on: September 24, 2013, 12:07:29 AM »

*deep breath*

Sid Davis, Shiva, Vishnu, Kyouji Kuzunoha, Raidou Kuzunoha, The Soulless God, Beelzebub, King Frost, Pallas Athena... to name a few.

All voice acted!

The penultimates are Kyouji, Raidou, and the Soulless God. You fight them back to back to back. I couldn't get past Kyouji.

Raidou is a bonus boss?! I need to buckle down and finish the final boss so I can get to this glorious post-game content. Can you only fight them on new game+?

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3433 on: September 24, 2013, 01:31:20 AM »

*deep breath*

All voice acted!

Raidou is a bonus boss?! I need to buckle down and finish the final boss so I can get to this glorious post-game content. Can you only fight them on new game+?

Nope. Post game. You can take them on after beating it.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3434 on: September 24, 2013, 01:31:18 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/24/soul-hackers-etrian-odyssey-iv-and-hakuoki-get-price-drops-on-nintendo-eshop/

Within the eShop, Soul Hackers' price has been permanently dropped to $30 as opposed to $40. Etrian Odyssey IV received the same treatment as well.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: