Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 03:51:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338798 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 377111 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3450 on: September 26, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »

I was pretty shocked they put her like that in the animation without giving her a top. One stray breeze away from an OAV release.

To be fair, how else were they going to get people to watch the show. Do what Persona 4 did and use effort?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3451 on: September 27, 2013, 01:32:46 AM »

PG4 Question: Once I have maxed a social link (love interest) , is there a point in pursuing it any further, or should I move on to others to try and max those?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3452 on: September 27, 2013, 05:48:05 AM »

PG4 Question: Once I have maxed a social link (love interest) , is there a point in pursuing it any further, or should I move on to others to try and max those?

Just move on.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3453 on: October 15, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »

Approaching the end of P4G, what a ride. I can't say I've had this much fun with an RPG in a long, long time. Tales of Graces f came close, but not quite the same flavour...I think I just really liked the combat in that one. I'd say this ranks right up there with Suikoden II for me.

Saw the bad ending in December, and now working my way through to the normal ending. So far I've logged about 61 hours, and am kind of on the fence whether I should try and platinum this game for my first ever, or move on to my back log, or start playing P3.

How much of a change is it going from P4 to P3? The only series I've successfuly played in backwards succession is Suikoden, everything else just felt too dated.

What kind of time investment is P3? About the same length?

Though I have yet to see the ending, this game...just wow. Not sure how I missed it in it's PS2 incarnation.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3454 on: October 15, 2013, 01:48:01 PM »

While P3 is a great game, the combat and AI feel really bad after P4.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3455 on: October 15, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »

While P3 is a great game, the combat and AI feel really bad after P4.

I turn off the AI in combat in P4...is this not an option in P3?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3456 on: October 15, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »

No, a controllable party was introduced in P4.

It's available in the Portable version though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3457 on: October 15, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »

Good to know.

Actually it looks like there's a giant sale on PSN including Persona 1-3 for $9.99 each. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet on P3!
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3458 on: October 15, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »

So far I've logged about 61 hours, and am kind of on the fence whether I should try and platinum this game for my first ever, or move on to my back log, or start playing P3.

How much of a change is it going from P4 to P3? The only series I've successfuly played in backwards succession is Suikoden, everything else just felt too dated.

What kind of time investment is P3? About the same length?

Though I have yet to see the ending, this game...just wow. Not sure how I missed it in it's PS2 incarnation.

Unless you have very good resolve, getting the plat on this one is difficult. Really hard. Not because of the difficulty of the game, not because you need to max all the social links, not because after playing this three times I got really bored of it, NO. The challenging part...Hardcore...Rise...Fan...This trophy keeps me up at night.

Also P3. I much prefer P3 to P4, but its personal preference, and many disagree. My main point of the betterness within this beast is the story. Much closer to its Megaten roots then P4. It starts off slow, but it gets REALLY good.

If the AI fighting thing is too much, then get P3 Portable. I prefer FES though.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3459 on: October 15, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »

The AI never bugged me in P3 since I was mostly killing everything in one turn anyway. IDK if the game ever got any difficult. I sort of lost interest.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3460 on: October 16, 2013, 01:48:56 AM »

I much prefer P3 to P4, but its personal preference, and many disagree. My main point of the betterness within this beast is the story. Much closer to its Megaten roots then P4. It starts off slow, but it gets REALLY good.

If the AI fighting thing is too much, then get P3 Portable. I prefer FES though.

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3461 on: October 16, 2013, 06:34:43 AM »

Neither P3 nor P4 is that challenging, but I don't really look for a serious challenge in RPGs.  I care more about interesting characters, building teams, and a tangible feeling of power and improvement as I'm playing.  I think that Portable's menu-based navigation (i.e. pressing Triangle and warping to any spot in town) makes everything way faster and more streamlined, but I miss FES's MC equipping six weapon types.  FeMC in P3P is decent; the most important is a distinct lack of that ****head Kenji's Social Link. 

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3462 on: October 16, 2013, 09:49:25 AM »

If the AI fighting thing is too much

P.S. Set Mitsuru to "Full Assault"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:55:42 AM by Annubis » Logged
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3463 on: October 16, 2013, 11:16:14 PM »

So i've read that they put in a female protagonist option...does the gameplay differ all that much, or is it just a cut and paste..? Having never played P3 before, would it make a difference?

Kind of waffling between which character to play as once I'm done P4G.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3464 on: October 16, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »

It isn't cut and paste, and there are a lot of minor changes and a few major changes if you play a girl. Especially within Social Links.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: