Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 02:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 366354 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3465 on: October 16, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »

The people in charge of the story of P3 at Atlus Japan had to make a new script for the Female Protagonist, and with that in mind they made pretty much a brand new story mode that was build up and expanded from the original story of P3.

Also as far as I know the story for the female MC route is not canon.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3466 on: October 17, 2013, 01:37:26 AM »

Hmm maybe for P3P I play the girl MC and watch the movie...will that give me the full experience? I don't think I have the time to play both characters.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3467 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33:15 AM »

Hmm maybe for P3P I play the girl MC and watch the movie...will that give me the full experience? I don't think I have the time to play both characters.

Is a good idea to watch the anime of P4 to not play the game? Both are different experiences, and Persona is all about that dense experience that the games offer.

But if you want to save time then that your thing really. *shrug*
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3468 on: October 17, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »

TBH, the differences aren't THAT huge. Your going to get the same game story and experience from either side, just go with what you'd rather play as. And in any case, the anime is never a replacement for the video game.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3469 on: October 17, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »

Even if it isn't canon I'll probably opt for the female MC. The anime would only be supplemental. I just don't have the time to do 2 play throughs (self inflicted) as I want to make my way through my backlog of games.

Actually come to think of it, I rarely ever play an RPG twice once I've beaten it. It's a strange habit of mine.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3470 on: October 17, 2013, 10:32:05 PM »

Even if it isn't canon I'll probably opt for the female MC. The anime would only be supplemental. I just don't have the time to do 2 play throughs (self inflicted) as I want to make my way through my backlog of games.

Actually come to think of it, I rarely ever play an RPG twice once I've beaten it. It's a strange habit of mine.

It's not that strange when you consider how much linearity & filler are in most RPGs versus the time commitment each one demands.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3471 on: October 18, 2013, 01:05:13 AM »

The only things you're missing out on by choosing FeMC are a few Social Links.  Let's see...

Exclusive to the male MC
Kenji - annoying student with a crush on his teacher.
Kazushi - athletic student stuggling with a knee injury.
Chihiro - student council treasurer with crippling social anxiety. Romance option.
Maya - MMORPG internet pal.
Keisuke - artistic student who is unsure what he wants concentrate on at university. 
Yuko - sports manager who is unsure about her future. Romance option.
Mamoru - student-athlete at a rival high school trying to support his family.
Nozomi - selfish, overweight student who is a member of a cult. 

Out of all those, my favorite S.Link is Maya, but none of them affect the story in a major way.  And most of the above characters appear in some of the new FeMC Social Links anyway.  Look, pick the character you want to pick.  Like the above posters said, the S.Link content is peripheral and not key to understanding the main story of Persona 3. 

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3472 on: October 18, 2013, 02:56:18 AM »

Maya was definitely my favorite of the male MC SLs.  Especially during the ending and youknowwhat.

I think FemC has the better Social Links overall. She gets them with all of the party members, even if she does appear a bit like a shotacon.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3473 on: October 18, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »

It's not that strange when you consider how much linearity & filler are in most RPGs versus the time commitment each one demands.

I think I've played all of 12 RPGs through to completion tbh :TTT

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3474 on: October 18, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

PERSONA3 THE MOVIE –#1 Spring of Birth– [JP] PV03 -- All Games Beta
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3475 on: November 14, 2013, 09:19:36 PM »

Holy shit! This thread fell off the front page. Better fix it with a post...

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/atlus-usa-launches-mysterious-new-teaser-site

...and a link.

(Granted this is more likely to be about Trauma Center whatever than about a new Persona or SMT but it is sporting the words "Persist 5", "Gold 4", and "Trial 2", so I can't rule the possibility out completely.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3476 on: November 15, 2013, 10:05:18 AM »

Holy shit! This thread fell off the front page. Better fix it with a post...

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/atlus-usa-launches-mysterious-new-teaser-site

...and a link.

(Granted this is more likely to be about Trauma Center whatever than about a new Persona or SMT but it is sporting the words "Persist 5", "Gold 4", and "Trial 2", so I can't rule the possibility out completely.)

mm, Trauma Centre finally letting you deliver a baby??? :S
I love that series but the later levels stress the hell out of me.

I don't want to look into any announcements till I see a banner that says "P5 Announced!".

But man, it's been some time since P4... And even in the PS2-era they worked beautifully with the hardware so I am excited as to how a PS3 (or 4?) title would look. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3477 on: November 15, 2013, 10:24:02 AM »

mm, Trauma Centre finally letting you deliver a baby??? :S

Yes, but it's an alien baby that shoots lasers from its eyes and the CIA put a bomb in the mother to destroy it.

(This will forever be the best review of Trauma Center: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dB8wBr76Jg)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3478 on: November 15, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »

Oh yes, I want some more Trauma Center in my life. The Wii U is just perfect for it.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3479 on: November 15, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »

Not just Trauma Center, I want a sequel for Trauma Team.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: