Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 08:00:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331569 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 357414 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3555 on: November 24, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »

After SMT IV, I'm expecting P5 will be a DLC riddled crapfest, but I guess I will try and reserve judgment until it's actually out.
To be fair, SMT4 didn't have a lot of meaningful DLC. The DLC that WAS there was nice to have, but nothing was lost if you didn't buy it.

Also, one year is enough. My first playthrough of P4 clocked in at 80 hours. I think that's enough Persona even for me.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3556 on: November 24, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »

I wonder if it'll be an original game or just more random dungeons and SLink grinding.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3557 on: November 24, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »

In defense of SMTIV, most of its DLC are just an easy way to grind
We'll pretty much get 4 games, P5, the rhythm game on Vita, the mix of P3 and P4 on 3DS and the update of P4 Arena.

So basically it was microtransaction DLC. That doesn't make it any better. And with Atlus in the hands of Sega now, I think it's only going to get worse, in terms of DLC demons.
I only saw the P5 announcement. I actually had to go back and find the announcement for the rest of the stuff - which looks like awful, awful fan service.

I'm completely with you on this.
I think in SMTIV there was a nice balance of its use but I have to confess I preffer to play the game without it, especially because in SMTIV the shop to bring back demons from your registered are extremely costly, so if demon conversations happen to come back to P5, I hope at least they make the buying them back not too expensive.

That's where the microtransaction DLC is going to come in - like Bravely Default and Tales. Don't like grinding? Pay to level up.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3558 on: November 24, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »

I wonder if it'll be an original game or just more random dungeons and SLink grinding.

Nothing like ignoring a social life to build up 'social links'. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3559 on: November 24, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »

That's where the microtransaction DLC is going to come in - like Bravely Default and Tales. Don't like grinding? Pay to level up.

Oh shit, dude. Dude.

To build SLinks, you have to take the respective characters out to eat/buy them stuff, right?.

Well this time, you get to use real-world money for that!!!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3560 on: November 24, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »

In defense of SMTIV, most of its DLC are just an easy way to grind
We'll pretty much get 4 games, P5, the rhythm game on Vita, the mix of P3 and P4 on 3DS and the update of P4 Arena.

So basically it was microtransaction DLC. That doesn't make it any better. And with Atlus in the hands of Sega now, I think it's only going to get worse, in terms of DLC demons.
I only saw the P5 announcement. I actually had to go back and find the announcement for the rest of the stuff - which looks like awful, awful fan service.

I'm completely with you on this.
I think in SMTIV there was a nice balance of its use but I have to confess I preffer to play the game without it, especially because in SMTIV the shop to bring back demons from your registered are extremely costly, so if demon conversations happen to come back to P5, I hope at least they make the buying them back not too expensive.

Okay, come on now. That's not a requirement, ever. Tales can be played through without grinding at all, it's just a lazy way for people to play the game without worrying about difficulty. All this doomsaying is a little extreme, dude.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3561 on: November 24, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »

I suppose, but considering the way microtransactions have permeated games in the last year or so (go read about Gran Turismo 6 and Forza 5), I'm not very optimistic.

I watched the P4 Dancing game video, and I just.....cringed. WTF happened to the people that made DDS?

Also, any word if the new version of the P4 fighting game will be region locked?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3562 on: November 24, 2013, 08:01:48 PM »

I watched the P4 Dancing game video, and I just.....cringed. WTF happened to the people that made DDS?

Sega and capitalism happened.  Miku is so big in Japan, she may as well be on all government documentation.  So I'm sure they just took the opportunity to combine popular Persona muzak with Miku's rhythm game.  Which awesome for people who like rhythm games, but I definitely feel like they're 'milking it' a bit hard...

Atlus is pretty good at localizing, so I wonder if we'll see that here too, and the...weirdo Persona Q thang.

I kinda hope we'll go back to something a bit darker with P5.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 08:03:37 PM by Dice » Logged

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3563 on: November 24, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »

I suppose, but considering the way microtransactions have permeated games in the last year or so (go read about Gran Turismo 6 and Forza 5), I'm not very optimistic.

Also, any word if the new version of the P4 fighting game will be region locked?
I honestly think those are the exception and not the rule.

Also, I actually enjoyed the Dance All Night video. But I love rhythm games, so...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3564 on: November 24, 2013, 08:23:39 PM »

I honestly think those are the exception and not the rule.

Also, I actually enjoyed the Dance All Night video. But I love rhythm games, so...

I wouldn't be surprised if the developers have a professional graphic designer creating this sort of modern-esque UI's and motifs.  The Persona 3 opening was like one of the coolest things I'd had ever seen when it first came out; certainly a new approach for games.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3565 on: November 24, 2013, 08:30:43 PM »

Miku is so big in Japan, she may as well be on all government documentation.

Close...

Yeah, I like rhythm games and when you combine that with music from the Persona series what is there to hate about?  If this was in lieu of Persona 5 I would understand the complaining but we did get a Persona 5 announcement (even if it was just a teaser...).

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3566 on: November 24, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »

the update of P4 Arena.

It's also a sequel.

You might not be optimistic but don't get all "The End is Nigh" either.

No longer with Atlus/Busy on other projects/Working on P5.

As far as I know nothing has been said yet.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3567 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »

You might not be optimistic but don't get all "The End is Nigh" either.

So you saw the Persona chibi game and thought "Yes! That's what people have been waiting for!"?

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3568 on: November 24, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »

I wouldn't say that, but I'm interested in it. Besides, it's not like we're getting it instead of P5. We're getting three new Persona games. Four if you count Arena 2.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3569 on: November 24, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »

I kinda hope we'll go back to something a bit darker with P5.

I agree. I mean, I feel like P3 and P4 have some pretty dark elements, but those parts aren't what's played up. It feels like all the P4 media is about the whimsical parts of the game. Both the 3DS and dancing games seem to take advantage of this shift in tone. I'm really hoping P5 will help restore the tone balance, so to speak.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: