Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
Re: Megami Tensei Topic
« Reply #3645 on: February 25, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »
I'm glad we're getting it. Being Sega a little inconsistent to bring some of their stuff I could say I had no worries about P5 but I was a little worried about Persona Q and Dancing all night.

By the way anyone, do you know if Sega is letting Atlus work by itself?
I mean, Atlus USA seems to be doing their business as usual, right? Still having their liberties to publish some games here and there, being those games Atlus's games or not.

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: February 25, 2014, 04:46:06 PM »
Question for Soul Hackers "experts". Typically I grind like hell in SMT games so I have the best demons to fight with but I am having an issue with my normal game play. I just destroyed Carol J and went to the airport after that. While attempting to grind a bit I find I either A:run out of magntite if I have demons stay in my party or B: I get hit so hard before I can summon demons once battle starts that I spend all my resources healing everyone back up after fight. What am I doing wrong? Should I do away with grinding and just go from area to area, is there something about the "mag" I am missing or maybe I'm not very good at this, which would seem odd to me as everyone has said it's easier than Nocturne and I beat Nocturne without tons of trouble, although it certainly was challenging I am having much more trouble with this game.
Everything's Eventual

Elegance

• View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: February 25, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
Question for Soul Hackers "experts". Typically I grind like hell in SMT games so I have the best demons to fight with but I am having an issue with my normal game play. I just destroyed Carol J and went to the airport after that. While attempting to grind a bit I find I either A:run out of magntite if I have demons stay in my party or B: I get hit so hard before I can summon demons once battle starts that I spend all my resources healing everyone back up after fight. What am I doing wrong? Should I do away with grinding and just go from area to area, is there something about the "mag" I am missing or maybe I'm not very good at this, which would seem odd to me as everyone has said it's easier than Nocturne and I beat Nocturne without tons of trouble, although it certainly was challenging I am having much more trouble with this game.
As far as I can tell, it's just difficult to manage.  I'm not ashamed to admit I lowered the difficulty when running out of mag (you only lose 10 per step then).  Maintaining it just became a chore, unless I'm also missing something.

solidbatman

• Zetsubou Sensei
  • The real me exists on the internet!
    • View Profile
    • Fuwanovel
« Reply #3648 on: February 25, 2014, 05:08:42 PM »
I'm glad we're getting it. Being Sega a little inconsistent to bring some of their stuff I could say I had no worries about P5 but I was a little worried about Persona Q and Dancing all night.

By the way anyone, do you know if Sega is letting Atlus work by itself?
I mean, Atlus USA seems to be doing their business as usual, right? Still having their liberties to publish some games here and there, being those games Atlus's games or not.

Atlus USA falls under Atlus who I believe works for Sega Sammy or something, but is operating as its own entity, much like it did under Index. I think Dance All Night might be a by product of getting with Sega, but Atlus isn't even developing it as far as I know.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: February 25, 2014, 05:15:57 PM »
Kanami?

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: February 25, 2014, 05:17:12 PM »

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: February 25, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: February 25, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Where Art Thou?

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: February 25, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
I swear if Persona 5 has that bullshit region locking that Arena had, I'll not be a happy bunny.

I think that was the Blazblue guys and not Atlus.
So I expect that to be in the new Arena but not in anything else.

No, it was very much Atlus.  No Arc System Works game had ever had region locking like that before.  And this isn't some sort of mystery, Atlus explicitly stated why they did it: The Japanese and US releases were only a couple weeks apart and since they US release had the full Japanese voice track they were worried about Japanese consumers importing the US version since Japanese games are crazy ass expensive.  But it was 100% Atlus's decision, they said so themselves.  No reason to try and shift the blame here.

Atlus USA falls under Atlus who I believe works for Sega Sammy or something, but is operating as its own entity, much like it did under Index. I think Dance All Night might be a by product of getting with Sega, but Atlus isn't even developing it as far as I know.

It's being done by the people who made the PSP Project Diva games if I remember correctly.  Which isn't actually the same team that does Project Diva Arcade or Project Diva f/F.  So I guess they were available...

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: February 25, 2014, 08:19:30 PM »
No, it was very much Atlus.  No Arc System Works game had ever had region locking like that before.  And this isn't some sort of mystery, Atlus explicitly stated why they did it: The Japanese and US releases were only a couple weeks apart and since they US release had the full Japanese voice track they were worried about Japanese consumers importing the US version since Japanese games are crazy ass expensive.  But it was 100% Atlus's decision, they said so themselves.  No reason to try and shift the blame here.

My bad. I stand corrected.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: February 25, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »
That Persona Q games looks like "Persona, Muppet Babies edition" to me.

As for SMT IV in Europe - you're not honestly missing out on that much.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

solidbatman

• Zetsubou Sensei
  • The real me exists on the internet!
    • View Profile
    • Fuwanovel
« Reply #3656 on: February 27, 2014, 09:53:19 AM »
Looks like the character interactions in Persona Q will be based off who you place in your party. Siliconera showed off a harem Teddie screenshot.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:51:54 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Elegance

• View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: February 27, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
Well that's disappointing, for me anyway.  They really couldn't bother porting it to the Vita or 3DS?

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: February 27, 2014, 03:20:48 PM »
Well that's disappointing, for me anyway.  They really couldn't bother porting it to the Vita or 3DS?

Its the GBA port of a dungeon crawling JRPG. Who cares? As long as its localized, it'll probably make the rounds to other devices.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.