Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 02:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 341891 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3780 on: June 07, 2014, 07:12:17 AM »

Side note, who the heck is that to the left of Naoto. Looks like Adachi to me......which would be an interesting choice.

He's been a confirmed character since a good while.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3781 on: June 07, 2014, 09:29:37 AM »

Side note 2, Yu has scars on his chest! Plot point?.....probably not.

Atatatatatatatata! You're already bear.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3782 on: June 08, 2014, 07:34:54 AM »

Side note, who the heck is that to the left of Naoto. Looks like Adachi to me......which would be an interesting choice.

He's been a confirmed character since a good while.
Looked it up and yeah he's apparently he's a DLC character. Totally going to buy that.

Side note 2, Yu has scars on his chest! Plot point?.....probably not.

Atatatatatatatata! You're already bear.
.....Wha? It is a plot point?
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3783 on: June 08, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »

Basically this guy was the original persona user, but they didn't have the gun things back then and had to use swords instead. Hence the scars. Guns don't leave scars like swords do, you know?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3784 on: June 12, 2014, 07:16:27 AM »

Sweet news, get first prints of Persona Q and Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold and you'll have a complete set of the major arcana from Persona! (half of them coming with each title) Finally they are making these cards. I wish they were selling a single deck that included the minor arcana as well (so that I could use them as a card deck), but I'll take the best designed major arcana that I have ever seen (not that I have seen a lot).

Basically this guy was the original persona user, but they didn't have the gun things back then and had to use swords instead. Hence the scars. Guns don't leave scars like swords do, you know?
...But it is Yu, how is he the original Persona user?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:18:56 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3785 on: June 15, 2014, 02:48:14 AM »

Essentially, DDS and Nocturne are straight cosmic horror done very well, while Shadow Hearts is a cosmic horror that eventually develops a bizarre and insane sense of humor. There's nothing else quite like it.

I had to return to this thread to re-quote you, Sir Zen, from a little over a month ago to appropriately (and publicly) thank you (as well as the community members who chimed in) SOOO much for the suggestion of Shadow Hearts.

I got to it finally last week and put in a solid 10 hours or so and I freakin' adore it.

The reason I found it appropriate to bring up here is because I am pretty floored by how much it reminds of an SMT game. I can't honestly say I've never played anything that felt so similar to Persona/SMT without it actually being a part of the franchise.

That is all. Carry on.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3786 on: June 15, 2014, 07:56:20 AM »

.....No one but me cares about a complete set of the Persona Major Arcana Cards? Fine I'll just enjoy these cards by myself. Harumph. :p
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3787 on: June 15, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »

.....No one but me cares about a complete set of the Persona Major Arcana Cards? Fine I'll just enjoy these cards by myself. Harumph. :p
You kidding? I'm buying Persona Q and Ultimax at launch to get the full set. I don't own a 3DS.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3788 on: June 15, 2014, 02:06:32 PM »

Personally, not interested without the minors as well. You can't do a proper tarot reading with only the major arcana.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3789 on: June 15, 2014, 03:02:04 PM »

Well, I'm not interest in attempting to perform tarot readings.  I'll treat the cards like collectibles and keep them in one of my spare card cases. 

Anyhow, do we have any new word on SMT X FE at all?  I'm still curious whether it's going to draw Atlus characters from DDS, Persona, or other SMT umbrella games or just the core SMT series.  All I can find after a quick search is an E3 blurb saying "we're still working on it; please wait patiently."  Right.  Thanks. 

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3790 on: June 15, 2014, 04:08:06 PM »

Well, I'm not interest in attempting to perform tarot readings.  I'll treat the cards like collectibles and keep them in one of my spare card cases. 

Anyhow, do we have any new word on SMT X FE at all?  I'm still curious whether it's going to draw Atlus characters from DDS, Persona, or other SMT umbrella games or just the core SMT series.  All I can find after a quick search is an E3 blurb saying "we're still working on it; please wait patiently."  Right.  Thanks. 

I do tarot readings, so yeah. :P I have two decks, no less. Major only tells half the tale, a broad spectrum
There was an interview with IntSys where they confirmed it's on schedule.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3791 on: June 15, 2014, 11:37:05 PM »

Quote from: Nintendo
an E3 blurb saying "we're still working on it; please wait patiently."  Right.  Thanks.

Yep. That's all we got.

At least it gives me something to look forward to for TGS or a future Nintendo Direct.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3792 on: June 18, 2014, 02:13:15 AM »

I assumed the worst when I heard Atlus was going to start doing DLC, and I was rewarded for my pessimism.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/17/persona-q-shadow-labyrinth-personas-paid-downloadable-content/

Personas as DLC. >:(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3793 on: June 18, 2014, 07:17:30 AM »

I assumed the worst when I heard Atlus was going to start doing DLC, and I was rewarded for my pessimism.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/17/persona-q-shadow-labyrinth-personas-paid-downloadable-content/

Personas as DLC. >:(

Meh? It isn't like that is anything essential.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3794 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »

"Thanatos is a level 70 Sub Persona with Gate to Hades, a skill that hits every enemy with almighty damage and has a high chance for an instant kill each round for three rounds. That sounds really powerful."

"Magatsu Izanagi is a level 92 Sub Persona with Calamity Seed as a skill, an attack that hits all enemies with heavy slash damage for three turns."

Maybe they're not "essential", but they sure sound useful. The P in Persona seems to stand for "Pay to win" now. :/

Also, Persona Q is also going to be $50 in the U.S., just like SMT IV. Which means it's going to be $55 in Canada, because we're getting fucked on game prices since Nintendo, Sony and MS all decided to arbitrarily raise game prices at once and 3DS games are $5 more now. With tax, that's going to out PQ at over $60. Atlus is high if they think I'm going to be paying that for a 3DS game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:44:48 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: