Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 06:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331720 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 358177 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3795 on: June 18, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »

"Thanatos is a level 70 Sub Persona with Gate to Hades, a skill that hits every enemy with almighty damage and has a high chance for an instant kill each round for three rounds. That sounds really powerful."

"Magatsu Izanagi is a level 92 Sub Persona with Calamity Seed as a skill, an attack that hits all enemies with heavy slash damage for three turns."

Maybe they're not "essential", but they sure sound useful. The P in Persona seems to stand for "Pay to win" now. :/

Also, Persona Q is also going to be $50 in the U.S., just like SMT IV. Which means it's going to be $55 in Canada, because we're getting fucked on game prices since Nintendo, Sony and MS all decided to arbitrarily raise game prices at once and 3DS games are $5 more now. With tax, that's going to out PQ at over $60. Atlus is high if they think I'm going to be paying that for a 3DS game.

Well, if its gonna be anything like SMTIV out here in the US, its gonna be discounted to hell and back on the E-Shop.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3796 on: June 18, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »

Maybe they're not "essential", but they sure sound useful. The P in Persona seems to stand for "Pay to win" now. :/

Pay-to-win in a single player game is more like paid cheat codes.

Also this is soooort of why I don't always like buying games bundled with DLC -- a lot of times it's ridiculously unbalanced shit that makes the game too easy. And since you got it bundled, it... drops it on you at the start.

Also what's the point of paying to buy a game and then paying again to bypass having to play it :|

... Unless companies are balancing single player games so you need the cheaty DLC to actually progress normally now in which case /fucking hell/.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3797 on: June 18, 2014, 08:17:30 PM »

Hold off on PQ, maybe a year later a Super-Deluxe-Velvet-Teddie Edition will be made with all of that hazz on it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3798 on: June 18, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »

Hold off on PQ, maybe a year later a Super-Deluxe-Velvet-Teddie Edition will be made with all of that hazz on it.

A "GOTY" re-release of a 3DS game? I've never seen such a thing before.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3799 on: June 18, 2014, 08:35:32 PM »

What if they release the GOTY version on the Vita =/
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3800 on: June 18, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »

Well, it probably doesn't count, but we technically got the GOTY version of Bravely Default.  But it was a "dash" or "FES" version of Bravely Default and not one specifically included with DLC. 

And, well, I guess if it sells then they have every right to.  If it's more than $1 per Persona, though, I won't indulge in it at all.  But $2 for a pair of game-breakers after I've had my fun?  Could be a nice tip jar. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3801 on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »

What if they release the GOTY version on the Vita =/

Then that's good for those with a Vita because the poor thing needs all the decent games that it can get.

Well, it probably doesn't count, but we technically got the GOTY version of Bravely Default.  But it was a "dash" or "FES" version of Bravely Default and not one specifically included with DLC.

If you put it like that, then yeah, those versions technically count as a re-release. But the re-release of 3DS games in the West is not a thing yet to my knowledge.

And, well, I guess if it sells then they have every right to.  If it's more than $1 per Persona, though, I won't indulge in it at all.  But $2 for a pair of game-breakers after I've had my fun?  Could be a nice tip jar.

This whole deal with seeing how they handle DLC in SMT and PQ just make me think what they are going to do for P5.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3802 on: June 18, 2014, 09:57:58 PM »

This whole deal with seeing how they handle DLC in SMT and PQ just make me think what they are going to do for P5.
Maybe.  I believe with 100% certainty that there will be an upgraded P5 (FES, Golden, etc.) less than two years after it lands.  If I was Atlus, I wouldn't have DLC in the original P5, but add DLC functionality to P5 Dash and go nuts with DLC there.  Or I could be totally wrong and they could have DLC included with P5 from the get-go.  Adachi's going to be day-one DLC for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.  That's a little weird. 

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3803 on: June 19, 2014, 09:04:04 PM »

I really wish companies would just release perfected final versions of games instead of putting out "director's cuts" after an original game's debut, and wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for the finalized versions. That aside, definitely looking forward to Persona Q and 5.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3804 on: June 19, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »

Bear in mind, the companies that do that the most, like Bethesda or Bioware, tend to release big DLC chunks over the course of a year and a half or so, not all at once.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3805 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:46 AM »

I really wish companies would just release perfected final versions of games instead of putting out "director's cuts" after an original game's debut, and wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for the finalized versions. That aside, definitely looking forward to Persona Q and 5.

You do realize that you might as well be asking for the Capcom treatment given the options for post game launch fixes/improvements.

Love the new avatar, btw.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3806 on: June 20, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »

Love the new avatar, btw.

I'm guessing he is a babyfur then.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3807 on: June 20, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »

Babyfurs are one of the few social groups I feel genuine malice towards and I'm okay with this.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3808 on: July 15, 2014, 06:13:45 AM »

Think you posted that in the wrong thread, Klyde ;)

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3809 on: July 15, 2014, 11:17:32 AM »

Think you posted that in the wrong thread, Klyde ;)

I support the wrong threading (becauseIseemynameandgottickledpink)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: