Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 06:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341196 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 382402 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »

Hey I need help on that Curse House mission. No outright telling me what to do please but could I get a few hints? I can't do anythig with the Violent Chicken, and Dark Mannen-Cho doesn't seem to have anything relevant.

Also what is the other quest where you fight 100 demons? I got some things that head a couple ways of... Obariyons and Makamis but nothing near 100 demons (and when I figured out the weaknesses on the Obariyons and casted like, "sword gets elemental property XYZ" on my spear it was just this possitive feedback loop of everything exploding into a beautiful mass of green).

also how the hell DO you use Recarm, life balls, and other revivers?

Anyway, I kind of feel like playing Devil children black, now. Time to go relearn the kana enough so that I can figure out spell names and the like.

(Also, a wonderful quote from the IGN comment box.

"I love me JRPG but none of us should be required to read countless pages of text anymore."

Now can you PLEASE stop asking me why I think that gamers as a whole are pretty illiterate?)

---edit---

Nevermind. Did the Cursed House thing and the 100 Demon Fight. In the latter, during the Nekomata/Wormpeople waves, I just had Makami and... Alp (null mind/death) spam maragi and mazio. Mazio healed the wormpeople, and hit them fairly frequently, but maragi stunned them too, so the free MAG and crit damage offset it completely.

I hope there are more fights like that. That was simply awesome.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:54:32 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2009, 05:53:13 AM »

This game looks ancient though. When it zooms in the backgrounds become a mess. But it's strangely addicting in that SMT kind of way. I'm still in chapter 2 though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »

OK, so I encountered the pale rider at the start of chapter 3. The first time I negotiated. He basically killed 3 of my demons. That can easily be fixed by using recarm after the fight. But shortly after that he appeared again and kept asking for valuable items. I was at level 24 and decided to fight him. It took me over 20 minutes and I had to use most of my items but I managed to defeat the bastard. I have feeling that the next boss fights are going to seem pretty damn easy in comparison.
BTW, he's weak against ice. Also, whenever it says that he's preparing for something guard and hide your demons because if he hits you with victory fire it's game over unless you're a lot stronger than I was.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »

Hmm well for my first Megami Tensei game was Revelations persona for the PS1 I really liked how you had to really work hard to get the much more powerful persona's as well as getting equipment that is often unavaliable in shops. Though it get's pretty ridiculous once you start seeing requirements for some of the very powerful ones at Lv 70. which require a certain item as well as a specific spellcard. Inculding one item which requires sucessive contact from every demon in the game. It's quite tedious though but it's worth it in the long run.

But there is one game i would like to play that's part of the series called Majin Tensei.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »

Is it Pale or White rider you encounter first? One is weak to bufu, and the other apparently summons paralysis zombies.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2009, 04:41:21 AM »

Is it Pale or White rider you encounter first? One is weak to bufu, and the other apparently summons paralysis zombies.

Not sure if it was pale or white... Now I'm getting red rider...

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »

Anyone picked up Devil Survivor?

I called around today, but no one had it yet :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2009, 11:52:59 PM »

Anyone picked up Devil Survivor?

Today's the ship date, not the release date. Just expect games to be out on Wednesday unless it's a HUGE title or a weird day like Sunday. Or stupid lucky as the case was with Dragon Quest V.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:25 PM »

I noticed both RPGaymer and Gamespot both complained about lack of voice acting.

In a DS game.

sigh

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2009, 12:04:19 AM »

I noticed both RPGaymer and Gamespot both complained about lack of voice acting.

In a DS game.

sigh

There are a few DS games with VA out there (FFIV being a prominent example). But I'm still with you here. VA ought not be mandatory.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »

I understand if a game just doesn't make sense to go silent, but I don't think that's very frequent and usually the worst examples (the FMVs in the PSP ports of FFT and Persona) are dealt with in localization. I find it disheartening though that even when the format isn't one suited to large amounts of voice acting that some critics will still bring it up, especially after how I heard Tierkreis's dub went.

With that said, neither of them were all that upset by it it seems, certainly not enough to actually mark it as a notable con.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:33:52 AM by Eusis » Logged
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:23 AM »

I'll be picking up my retail copy sometime later today.

I probably won't be opening it any time soon, since I just beat it and all, but it'll be nice to have. Loved this game. =)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »

my first SMT game was persona 3,unless you want to count maken X on DC. my favorite thing about the 2 persona games i've played(3,and4) is that the characters are not perfect they have substantial flaws wich makes them much easier to relate to. for me to like the SMT series enough to play more games the persona's need an improved visual look i think. by the way what does shin megami tensei translate to in english?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »

It's something along the lines of "Tale of the (Fallen) Goddess", IIRC.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2009, 02:19:22 PM »

Depending on the kanji, "shin" = true, so "True ...[what Gen Eric said]"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: