Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 11:39:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319076 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 249 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 321626 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: May 28, 2010, 04:39:15 AM »

I know but we still aren't 100% sure if the game will be on the PS3 or did I miss something?

Check either article, they pointed out they changed the system to PSP afterwards. Kotaku jumped the gun by acting like idiots and leaping to conclusions.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: May 28, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »

Check either article, they pointed out they changed the system to PSP afterwards. Kotaku jumped the gun by acting like idiots and leaping to conclusions.

Yes, but we still have no idea what system a hypothetical P5 will be on.  Kotaku should just be ignored, as they have done nothing but confuse the issue.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 28, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »

That's true, it's less that there's nothing going on and more that we have misinterpreted information that's better ignored.
terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: June 03, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »

a few months back (or maybe less) i read several articles saying  P5 was announced and it was said to be on the PS3 by one of the heads at Atlus
Cait Sith
Roll the Dice

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: June 03, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »

I wish! But I havn't heard that before, and I dont think it happend sadly.

Currently Playing: Resonance of Fate

PSN: jasonpudd
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: June 03, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »

Let's hope that in E3 Atlus gives us the confirmation we all want to hear!
I hope it's for PS3 not because of Persona 5 itself, but like the last SMT games on PS2, after the first came a whole bunch of them. So if they make the overall structure of their games they can release many more SMT on the years to come :)

While typing I was thinking back of Strange Journey. Now I recall I kind of gave it a rest and went back to play Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (so much fun).
Those pain killing random encounters in SJ are killing me and the dungeons only get bigger, more boring and more time consuming. I wish at least there were more plot in between, or maybe smaller dungeons but a bigger number of them (it would make it even but less stressful).
That's probably one of the reasons I gave a rest to Persona 1(PSP).

I'm not to complain much about encounters but they just over do it.

I swear, if I had Nocturne on PSP I would finally beat it. So much better than those two. Anytime I think of it a smile comes to my face.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: June 03, 2010, 11:59:15 PM »

There's a pretty easy to get App for the suit that reduces the number of random encounters by a lot.  Of course, you'll be underlevelled if you use it too much, but it's especially handy for going through old dungeons to find fiends or to find stuff for quests.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: June 04, 2010, 06:59:34 AM »

I got this App and even though it did help, a lot, there's still a lot of frustration. Also it could have more save points scattered around dungeons. They are already big and we're playing on a portable system.
If I'm not mistaken Persona 2 didn't have these problems, I mean, to this extend but I only playing a little of it, so I can't say for sure.

Cait Sith
Roll the Dice

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: June 04, 2010, 10:38:12 AM »

Ive been meaning to get my hands on Strange Journey for awhile now, But I cant seem to find it anywhere. But then again, I havnt looked all that hard.

Currently Playing: Resonance of Fate

PSN: jasonpudd
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: June 04, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »

Those pain killing random encounters in SJ are killing me and the dungeons only get bigger, more boring and more time consuming. I wish at least there were more plot in between, or maybe smaller dungeons but a bigger number of them (it would make it even but less stressful).
That's probably one of the reasons I gave a rest to Persona 1(PSP).

I'm not to complain much about encounters but they just over do it.

That's why this is the first SMT game I didn't play since I'm a fan of the franchise. Unfortunately I just don't have the patience for this kind of thing anymore.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: June 04, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »

SJ's random encounters are really fast and they're less frequent than in Nocturne and DDS.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: June 06, 2010, 05:24:01 PM »

SJ's random encounters are really fast and they're less frequent than in Nocturne and DDS.

Exactly, especially when you use auto-battle. Not to mention the fact that you can easily decrease the encounter rate by installing a certain app in your demonica.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: June 06, 2010, 05:27:31 PM »

I enjoyed SJ, it was very well made. However it did drain me pretty completely by completion. It was an exhausting game, though I can't put my finger on why.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: June 06, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »

Well, as I said elsewhere, it DOES have a really oppressive atmosphere. It's hell on earth and they do a little too good of a job with that.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: June 06, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »

Nocturne also had lots of random battles but I think I didn't get tired of them because of the dark mood the game creates, so even if it has less plot time, it helps.
Strange Journey has some issues that I hate the most in Dragon Quest games.

I have to agree with you CDFN , I don't know how much patience I have left for this.
I was never to use cheats in RPG, but some games seems like they ask for it. Not because they are unbeatable of something, far from it, but to be enjoyable.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 249 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: