Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 02:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338116 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 374967 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »

Nyx is a Greek goddess.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyx

But you don't fight Nyx, you fight Nyx Avatar, which is actually

Code:
Ryoji.

i'm pretty sure the Nyx is fight is a fusion of the guy mentioned in your spoiler and Nyx.

since we are on this subject has anyone seen the persona anime? all i know about it is that the intro song sucks and that akihiko is in it.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2009, 12:20:34 PM »

Code:
Ryoji.

i'm pretty sure the Nyx is fight is a fusion of the guy mentioned in your spoiler and Nyx.

since we are on this subject has anyone seen the persona anime? all i know about it is that the intro song sucks and that akihiko is in it.

I watched it. Doesn't really have much to do with Persona 3 or any of the games, but it's decent, depends on your tastes. It has a lot of "deep for the sake of being deep" moments, and the story is a cluttered mess, but I liked how it was always quite serious and kept the darker and somber atmosphere till the end. Interesting cast as well.
professor ganson

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »

I expected more discussion here about the new DS title.  I'm thinking about picking it up soon.  How do people like the battles so far?

Alfa System Forever
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »

Code:
Ryoji.

Only kinda sorta.

Code:
Nyx's physical embodiment was the 13th shadow, which Aigis sealed inside Minato's body 10 years previous.  Ryoji is that shadow form mixed with Minato's human composition, making him a kind of shadow/human halfbreed.  Nyx Avatar is Ryoji's human form mixed with the 13th shadow's, having been taken over by Nyx's will.  So technically, you are fighting both beings at the same time, but the physical thing standing there fighting you is Ryoji.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2009, 03:45:05 PM »

I expected more discussion here about the new DS title.  I'm thinking about picking it up soon.  How do people like the battles so far?

I would be discussing it if I could actually get the fucking game.

Nowhere in Canada is getting it before Monday.

It would be nice if Atlus could be bothered to clarify international release dates.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »

It would be nice if Atlus could be bothered to clarify international release dates.

Over at the Atlus official forum, they're saying every single copy has been shipped as of a week ago.  It's some kind of problem with Canadian customs.

As for Devil Survivor, I'm too busy playing it to talk about it at any length.  The game is amazing though, that's for damn sure.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2009, 07:25:13 PM »

Sounds to me like they're passing the buck.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2009, 08:47:23 PM »

Well, I mean, you can't really blame them when they shipped all the games out at the same time, and that time was "the earliest time possible".
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »

Lard, man, I got my local Wal-Mart's ONE copy.  Any that arrived at the local EB's...  Are up in the air, cause they're all torn down here atm to switch branding to Gamestop.

It's kinda scary.  Glad I got this when I did.  This looks like it's gonna be really hard to find just a few months from now.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2009, 11:59:24 PM »

But considering they haven't even got the right cover for their Nocturne review link (it's the cover to Digital Devil Saga), I guess that they're not worth taking very seriously.

It's a review for DDS too. and they complain about SMT:N trying too hard to be experimental, while also being too conventional or something. What's more concerning is that the DS2 review has the DS1 cover pictured.

Their Rogue Galaxy review is also retarded. I mean, they bashed the game, which I don't really take issue with because I can't say I liked RG much, but their reasons were sort of dumb.

Anyway, played Devil Survivor quite a bit today. Doing battles outside of the story battles to get more exp and stuff isn't a problem because the battles are fun! wish it had a skirmish mode or something. and loving the demon designs. still think people art looks like bleach tho

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2009, 12:46:29 AM »

whee i love boss battles where you only have one character who can hurt them and they can randomly summon allies to fully heal them yay
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2009, 01:59:22 AM »

Lard, man, I got my local Wal-Mart's ONE copy.  Any that arrived at the local EB's...  Are up in the air, cause they're all torn down here atm to switch branding to Gamestop.

It's kinda scary.  Glad I got this when I did.  This looks like it's gonna be really hard to find just a few months from now.

I better get this shit fast then. :P

I'm too broke to pursue so many MegaTen games at once. What the hell is wrong with me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2009, 04:34:03 AM »

whee i love boss battles where you only have one character who can hurt them and they can randomly summon allies to fully heal them yay

Holy smokes, I totally forgot about that battle. Such a pain in the ass.

Expect to see a lot of the whole enemies-healing-bosses-and-other enemies thing; Devil Survivor loves giving your foes healing spells.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »

Yeah, I can deal with all that, I just don't like it when the particular boss that's doing it can only be hurt by one of my party members.

Once I figured out what I was supposed to do it wasn't really that bad, but still.  It was annoying as hell.
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2009, 07:22:24 AM »

Nothing is more suicidal then doing Amane's route first... aside from doing it twice.... man i love self torture... >.<;;
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: