Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 10:24:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331911 Posts in 13593 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 359107 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: May 13, 2010, 12:22:24 AM »

I did express myself bad. The Buffs and Debuffs I was referring to were the ones apart from our usual Atk up Def up Hit/Evasion up (and opposites).
For example, I would rarely use the spell Tentarafoo, even though I did know it was useful as Mutsuru (from P3) would use it a lot but due to sometimes being restricted on mana, I would simply attack an enemy instead of trying to debuff them.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: May 13, 2010, 12:54:14 AM »

Tentarafoo was a lot better when enemies could actually be weak to status ailments.  That's something I've been sorely missing since DDS.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: May 13, 2010, 07:46:39 AM »

Tentarafoo was a lot better when enemies could actually be weak to status ailments.  That's something I've been sorely missing since DDS.

Tentarafoo is a great spell in DDS. Not so much in P3 or P4 since it didn't do damage along with affecting panic.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: May 13, 2010, 10:57:38 AM »

Tentarafoo was a lot better when enemies could actually be weak to status ailments.

They sort of were in Devil Survivor. Not specifically to specific status ailments, but status attacks were lumped in with mudo or something, and finding things weak to them wasn't that hard. Also like half the spells in DS had status ailments as a side affect as well.

I'm thinking they might have been in DDS2 as well but I'm not entirely sure. I need to get back to playing that.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: May 13, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »

Yeah, they were in DDS2.  I count DDS 1 and 2 as the same game, since they pretty much are.

And you're also right about Devil Survivor, I forgot about that.
Cait Sith
Roll the Dice

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: May 17, 2010, 11:18:16 PM »

I love Persona 1, 3, 4, and Devil Survivor, and Im working on getting my hands on Noctourne, DDS, and Strange Journey.

Currently Playing: Resonance of Fate

PSN: jasonpudd
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 17, 2010, 11:34:12 PM »

Nocturne is a lot of fun. DDS 1 and 2 are my favorite MegaTens to date, however. Juts be warned they're really different from Persona :P

Waiting on Strange Journey, though snail mail appears to be slow.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: May 18, 2010, 07:59:05 AM »

I love Persona 1, 3, 4, and Devil Survivor, and Im working on getting my hands on Noctourne, DDS, and Strange Journey.

I noticed the lack of 2, have you played it or did you not enjoy it?

Personally innocent sin & eternal punishment go after Persona 3 but before DDS 1&2

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #833 on: May 18, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »

Nocturne is a lot of fun. DDS 1 and 2 are my favorite MegaTens to date, however. Juts be warned they're really different from Persona :P

What made you like DDS so much? I've been playing them recently and the huge amount of random battles are killing me. If you can give me any motivation to push forward then I'd love to hear it!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: May 18, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »

I thought I already posted a reply... Anyway.

Yeah, they were in DDS2.

Sorry, I meant Devil Summoner 2. Typo on my part. I also seem to recall Strange Journey having a minute amount of enemies that are weak to status attacks but I'm probably just trippin' balls, thar.

In terms of DDS, those games had an absolutely wonderful story, great characters, and the same battle system as Nocturne, with some changes. I didn't care for the whole "eat demons to level up faster" thing.

Downside is that I thought DDS1 had much better dungeon designs, whereas 2 had improved battle and character growth mechanics.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: May 18, 2010, 11:00:28 AM »

What made you like DDS so much? I've been playing them recently and the huge amount of random battles are killing me. If you can give me any motivation to push forward then I'd love to hear it!

How about some anti-motivation instead?  If you're already feeling like it's a grueling dungeon slog then you might as well stop now, because this "problem" won't go away.  Ever.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: May 18, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »

Well, i liked DDS because of the battles, they were different than in any other game, and i liked how the interface was made, yeah there were lots of random battles (like in most of the old school rpgs) but since i liked the battles xD that wasnt too much of an issue.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 18, 2010, 01:02:54 PM »

Not to quote everybody else, but like Mesh, I really enjoyed the story and characters the most. I loved the (and Nocturne's) battle system, so the frequency of the battles wasn't *too* much of an issue. If you don't, then you won't enjoy the rest of the games. :P

I also loved the skill scheme, which is done even better in 2, where it's got more of a 'sphere grid' feel (FFX).

I also agree with Mesh about the dungeons, too. I thought they were better layout and design wise, and more fun in DDS1. PLus I prefer puzzle type dungeons anyway, call me masochistic if you want.

My favorite dungeons though, will always be Nocturne.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: May 18, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »

Interesting.  I actually did rather enjoy the combat and dungeons in DDS, but the story and characters did nothing for me.  I never developed any kind of attachment to any of the characters, to the point where I honestly didn't care what happened to them.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: May 18, 2010, 05:16:57 PM »

I'm with Kevadu.  The only characters in DDS I got attached to were Heat and Serph.  Heat because he was frickin' awesome, and Serph because, well, he's the MC, and I almost always like the MC.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: