Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:33:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 366805 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: May 23, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »

The thing I'm really curious to see is how the characters models will look. I'd much rather they look like DBZ, Tales of Vesperia, more anime like, than those "almost" human but animeish.

Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga has greats characters models in the game, even today a game as old as Nocturne looks good. Hell, even the battle animations are awesome for a game with Turn-Battle System.

More so than any Persona game to date in my opinion.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: May 23, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »

In the case of P5 the graphics will probably have the same style as P3&4 but with more detail. I'm really not expecting a huge jump in quality. Cutscenes should continue to be anime. If they go with cutscenes using in-game graphics they will need more detailed character models though. They should really just use the same style, maybe throw in some really cool effects during battles. Would be enough for me.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: May 23, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »

In the case of P5 the graphics will probably have the same style as P3&4 but with more detail. I'm really not expecting a huge jump in quality. Cutscenes should continue to be anime. If they go with cutscenes using in-game graphics they will need more detailed character models though. They should really just use the same style, maybe throw in some really cool effects during battles. Would be enough for me.

I agree, I am very much satisfied with the way the game looked in P3 and P4. I would be happy just seeing some better animation in battles, maybe even a bit more variety with the way the on-screen random encounters are presented -Maybe a different sprite depending on the dungeons theme. Persona summoning sequences with a bit more detail would be lovely too.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: May 23, 2010, 09:24:32 PM »

I gotta agree with you guys, Nocturne still looks amazing, and their new game sure could use it as inspiration.
But even with its "more realistic look", than Persona at least, it has a style (which I'm not complaining, just pointing), and my main point is I do hope they don't try to too much to make them look "real" but end up making them look generic.

For example, Nier while it doesn't look as bad as people say, has some generic looking characters. Much worse could be White Knight Chronicles.

I think I'd rather want some characters looking like Atelier no Totori (from what has been shown so far), which isn't great, but has its own style, than have some cheap generic version of characters that have higher resolution.

Now if they could have characters look as real as FFXIII but a little less "happy", that would be awesome.
But don't take this the wrong way, by FFXIII, which I love those characters in this game, in the next megaten I mean the quality of the characters expressions, they almost feel alive,(like also in mass effect 2).
Quick version: I don't mean the "character design", but the possibilities of the characters expressions.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: May 23, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »

Nocturne was minimalist and looked great for it, and will probably never actually looked dated because it when with stylized over realism.

Anyway, just played Devil Summoner 2 a bit.

I... like Strange Journey, and in a very real sense it's possibly the deepest of the main-branch megaten games. At the same time... something about it's offputting. It's demanding, for one thing. Given that you can't see NPC till you're in their square, you have this insensitive to painstakingly map out every inch of the dungeon, which gets a bit tiring. And the aforementioned issues with hidden doors.

But it's more than that. The setting is just... oppressive. I don't think having a proper overworld like the other SMT games would've helped that much, though it might've helped a little. It certainly gave a certain breeziness to Nocturne.

So, though, as I said. I was playing DS2 a bit. DS2 is obviously lighter and airier in terms of style. Forests look lush. Cities are brightly lit and have style to them. It's friendly and inviting in its own weird way. Even the eldrith horror living beneath the village is... strangely cute. It's pretty clear to me why DS2 doesn't feel as oppressive.

The weird thing is that SJ feels darker than Nocturne, sometimes. I think part of it is that... Nocturne looks abstract, whereas SJ doesn't. Nocturne does have cities, even if you can still get attacked in them. SJ... doesn't, really. Also, Nocturne doesn't look like all the weird shit I see in my dreams.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:47:34 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: May 26, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »

Someone dubbed that fantastic persona 4 parody comic and it's fucking hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/user/StrawberryCreme26#p/a/u/0/7mUTQKMRLYQ

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: May 26, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »

That was awesome, thanks, CDFN. I can't wait for her to upload more.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: May 26, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »

The original comic is what's funny, I don't really think the voices really added much to it.  But then again, I think everything is better without voices so whatever.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: May 26, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »

In the case of P5 the graphics will probably have the same style as P3&4 but with more detail. 

Apparently not.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5547944/persona...rom-ps3-to-psp

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: May 26, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »

In the case of P5 the graphics will probably have the same style as P3&4 but with more detail. 

Apparently not.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5547944/persona...rom-ps3-to-psp

If it is P5 on PSP - what a let down. Not saying anything bad about the PSP, I just had my hopes up for a PS3 title (god forbid something I end up actually enjoying comes out for that system).

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: May 26, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »

Persona 3 for PS3, believe!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 26, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »

There's a much simpler explanation for the rating.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: May 27, 2010, 06:05:24 AM »

I hope E3 clears this up once and for all. I really hope it's on the PS3.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 27, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »

... Except I just pointed out an article that rationalizes this was probably last year's PSP port rated for Australia. There is only the slimmest of chances it's anything else.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: May 28, 2010, 04:31:30 AM »

... Except I just pointed out an article that rationalizes this was probably last year's PSP port rated for Australia. There is only the slimmest of chances it's anything else.

I know but we still aren't 100% sure if the game will be on the PS3 or did I miss something?

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: