Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 03:12:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335193 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 370042 times)
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: July 08, 2010, 03:03:13 AM »

Yeah, I don't get it either, he's full of himself, but I guess he does have kinda a sexy voice.  On another note, Akihiko's S. Link can't be unlocked unless you have the courage to be seen with him because other girls will be jealous.  Ugh, why can't he be laid back and easy like Junpei?  (yes, I meant that how it sounded). 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 08, 2010, 03:15:52 AM »

But of course, we all know he's easy...

Then again, it'd be boring if the guys were the same. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall a friend saying Akihiko's s-link actually makes him somewhat more interesting, like adds a new dimension to his character or whatever. We'll see about that. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
jello44

We have visitors!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: July 08, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »

Please tell me someone else here got P3P.

I got the only non-reserved copy, but I'm still pretty early in. I don't mind the changes so far and there's enough changes to feel sort of new. Oh and apparently Theodore's voice actor sucks. :P

Yes, my copy is still sealed, sitting next to me, while I wait for my PSP to arrive. (I bought another copy at Best Buy so it would go towards my gamers club rewards D: )

I'll just return the unopened game/system I bought from Gamestop tomorrow.

I wanna play as the girl for shits n giggiles, I mean, the MC from the original was practically one anyway, so it doesn't change things too much. :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:53:23 PM by jello44 » Logged

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: July 08, 2010, 10:20:41 PM »

I don't have a psp, but I heard the female battle theme on youtube. They sure love making bad themes that are really good.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:54:24 PM by Raze » Logged
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: July 08, 2010, 11:20:06 PM »

Please tell me someone else here got P3P.

I got the only non-reserved copy, but I'm still pretty early in. I don't mind the changes so far and there's enough changes to feel sort of new. Oh and apparently Theodore's voice actor sucks. :P

Yes, my copy is still sealed, sitting next to me, while I wait for my PSP to arrive. (I bought another copy at Best Buy so it would go towards my gamers club rewards D: )

I'll just return the unopened game/system I bought from Gamestop tomorrow.

I wanna play as the girl for shits n giggiles, I mean, the MC from the original was practically one anyway, so it doesn't change things too much. :P

...Minato was manlier than the entire cast of Gears of War.  Not only does he basically have sex with every girl he meets, but he single-handedly defeats the embodiment of death.  If that's not manly enough for you then I don't even want to know what is.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 09, 2010, 12:19:24 AM »

I'm guessing what jello meant was, he didn't exactly LOOK very manly. (I could be wrong in my guess.) To me, he wasn't all that feminine either though.

I was reading some stuff on SiliconEra basically comparing the protagonists and their implied 'personalities' - and how different they are. It was interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing just how different they are. I'm still way early in.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: July 09, 2010, 10:43:49 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's what he was doing too.  But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because "lol Minato looks kinda girly" jokes were boring before the game even came out the first time around.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: July 09, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's what he was doing too.  But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because "lol Minato looks kinda girly" jokes were boring before the game even came out the first time around.
I think the "lol P3 is such an emo game because he has emo hair" ones were even worse. Especially cause, you know, he was FAR from it. :P

Anywho, I got the game on release, along with the hat. Started a run with the girl, and wow, I feel like I'm in a new dimension. Junpei being flirty with me, Yukari being a lot more friendlier, and Akihiko's fangirl NPCs being infinitely jealous of me... I think I like this. Blasting through this game another six more times should be pretty easy. ;]

Also, <3 Rio.

jello44

We have visitors!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: July 09, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »

I'm guessing what jello meant was, he didn't exactly LOOK very manly. (I could be wrong in my guess.) To me, he wasn't all that feminine either though.

I was reading some stuff on SiliconEra basically comparing the protagonists and their implied 'personalities' - and how different they are. It was interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing just how different they are. I'm still way early in.

Yeah, don't mind me, I tend to make shitty jokes all the time. :P

CosmicSisyphus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: July 11, 2010, 04:03:27 AM »

P2 was more about Jung.

Speaking of the Jungian themes, I've recently found a small entry that delves into them:

http://darkmaterials.com/persona/jung/index.html

For anyone interested...

Also, I recently completed Persona 4, and I thought it was naive at some parts. I thought it was strange how the main theme was all about having friends supporting you in following your dream. Many of the characters, such as Igor, blatantly claimed forming bonds (aka social links) help one achieve his or her goals. Persona 2 was all about confronting your shadows by yourself and trying to accomplish your goals alone. Maya in P2:IS repeatedly states no one can help you achieve your dream but yourself...

Ending spoilers

I found Persona 4 very infantile. Adachi actually had a good point, but the protagonists simply cussed him out. I don't agree with Adachi, but I can understand where he's coming from. I don't think pushing him into a corner and repeating "**** you!" will accomplish anything... I found this part in the game ludicrous because it was becoming an interesting "pit your ideology against mine" moment, but instead, it became a "cuss out the villain moment because he is the epitome of eviiiil".

Moreover, I found it funny how the game correlated bonds with truth ('myriad of truths'). Bonds are quite possibly the most precarious of all things since the self is empty of inherent existence (i.g., it is in a constant flux). Moreover, we can only befriend the images, we form in our mind, of people and their current incarnation of self is subject to change. Thus, the friendship formed is ephemeral. I am all about friendship, but truth is not within subjectivity. A bond is all about subjectivity... See the contradiction? There is no such thing as an eternal friend... because it is, simply put, physically impossible for someone to remain stagnant. So then what's up with the main message being bonds strengthening one's search for truth?

Truth is within objective propositions disregarding human emotions. A simulacrum is not true... I know Persona 2 had some lovey dovey moments too, but it never made outrageously Disney claims like "bonds are what will lead you to truth". Neither did Persona 3...

You are the only one that can accomplish your dream, to quote Maya, and the notion of bonds helping you reach the truth or dreams is an illusory one. Not trying to come off as nihilistic, but I'm just stating the facts.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:42:46 AM by CosmicSisyphus » Logged
Itches

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: July 11, 2010, 11:06:19 AM »

I never thought the "forming a bond" part was really tied to uncovering the truth. I've always thought the bonds were meant as things that help you persevere. I also could tolerate how they handled the adachi situation because they're highschool kids and I don't expect them to really behave differently.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 11, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »

I disagree, but only partially. It is always helpful to have friends/some sort of support network, but as for actually reaching your goals - it's up to you to make that push yourself.

As for P4...
Code:
...and how they handled Adachi, they ARE a little young. Remember, they range from 14 to maybe 17 at best. If Adachi did all that to your friends and even worse your family - to the point where one who's practically your little sister DIES (albeit temporarily) - you're not going to be thinking about ideologies when confronting him. Yes it would have made for an interesting conversation, but P4 is probably the LAST MegaTen game I'd expect it in.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: July 12, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »

I decided today that I'll simply not play Strange Journey anymore, which I found hard to do but felt like I had to. The overall game is good but in every sector we go the higher the floor the more boring it gets, it almost feels like a drag. The maps get so confused and complicated, but most of them are bearable but the parts with invisible paths )where we can't see our way, and now in Sector D we have some walking floors as well. Unless I use a map in gamefaqs or something it would take me forever, oh and I should not forget to mention the invisible doors.

I find it kinda sad because the mood of the game is good, the plot is interesting, and all the bonuses that come along with most SMT games but these shortcomings along with a game where you have to be on your toes to not die, and get lost and not being able to advance ...

Anyone else felt like it while playing ? Maybe I'm in a more streamlined RPG mood, I don't know, I may come back for it, but definitively not soon.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: July 12, 2010, 07:48:16 PM »

a game where you have to be on your toes to not die

Maybe it gets harder later but halfway through Sector D and I still haven't found anything remotely challenging about this game.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: July 12, 2010, 08:57:41 PM »

I'm playing Persona 4 again just now, I gave up on Strange Journey a while back. It's a really solid game, the dungeons were just to long for me. I would have to switch them off after getting nowhere, then pick it up the next day completely forgotten not only what I was doing and where I am, but also which demons I had and what they did. Maybe that's just bad memory on my part though.

Talking about Persona 4 though...this game makes me want to eat Chinese every time I play it. Even though it's set in Japan, the only Japanese food you see is sushi, and I am not fond of that. Though you do spend a good amount of time at the Chinese diner eating a never ending bowl of meat which I wish was real.

I also want to try a Steak Croquette. Dunno what it is or looks like though. All I know is that it is apparently delicious and has healing properties.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: