Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327941 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 256 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 343576 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: July 12, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »

I quote you on that, the dungeons are way to long, they sometimes feel more like a chore.

About chinese food, don't feel bad because japanese people eat a lot of pasta (not in the italian way) and if you're not into sushi or sashimi you could try yakisoba while playing Persona 4 (I can't remember for sure but I think I did eat it sometime while playing P3 or P4, as I used to order it a lot!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: July 12, 2010, 09:46:10 PM »

I also want to try a Steak Croquette. Dunno what it is or looks like though. All I know is that it is apparently delicious and has healing properties.

Steak Croquette? That's sounds delicious. :P
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: July 12, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »

God I hate sushi :|

Steak croquette is PROBABLY a breaded, fried wad of stake. Possibly a chopped steak and potato mixture.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: July 12, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »

I hope it's chopped steak in a potato mixture, fried. Cause that sounds heavenly.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 13, 2010, 02:11:21 AM »

I find P4 drags a LOT in parts, especially the dungeons. Haven't gotten far in Strange Journey yet but I kinda see how the dungeons might get tedious.

P3 and 4 always put me in the mood for steak and ramen. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ttocs

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: July 13, 2010, 01:18:57 PM »

I must be too American or something because whenever I see game characters talk about Ramen and how good someone makes it, all I can think about is dumping the Ramen brick I bought for 12 cents from the store into boiling water and adding powder.  I need to find me some good ramen or something because if their commentary says anything, it states that I'm missing something.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: July 13, 2010, 02:03:15 PM »

I must be too American or something because whenever I see game characters talk about Ramen and how good someone makes it, all I can think about is dumping the Ramen brick I bought for 12 cents from the store into boiling water and adding powder.  I need to find me some good ramen or something because if their commentary says anything, it states that I'm missing something.
Ramen out of those 15 cent packs don't even compare. Go to Ichiban steakhouse and order a deluxe ramen bowl.  Omg, they are so awesome!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: July 13, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »

I've bought some good miso flavored ramen from the store, but ramen from a good restaurant is always delicious.

There's a place in Boston called Ken's Ramen. It's in this Asian supermarket called the Super 88. It has the best Ramen hands down. I'm not sure how true it is, but I've read that the owner takes frequent trips to japan just to learn more about making ramen and get better recipes or to make his recipes better. That's awesome.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: July 13, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »

Finding good ramen outside of Japan is a challenge.  I can recommend a couple of places in New York City, but after living in Seattle for years the best place I have been able to find is called "Samurai Noodle" and is about what you might expect from that name...

For best results you'll need to go to Japan.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »

There's a place in Boston called Ken's Ramen.

Is that the place next to Ryu's Burgers?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: July 14, 2010, 06:33:25 AM »

There's a place in Boston called Ken's Ramen.

Is that the place next to Ryu's Burgers?

Haha! Good one. I took that seriously at first and thought, hmm, I don't think...wait.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: July 14, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

It's actually across the street from Nina's BBQ Grill.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »

I read something a while ago about some online, probably browser based version of Persona 3
how much attention is it gonna get from atlus?
source of information about The Night Before Persona 3
Persona Ain Soph doesn't seem to be working now
Digital Devil Arcanum has spiffy title screen music
"The Night Before" was supposedly only connected to Persona 3 by being set in port island.
and it also supposedly involves tartarus
and from everything I can assume about ain soph, it's associated with "infinity" instead of a number such 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4
and that's based on "ain soph" being spelled similarly to ein soph, a divine infinite being according to Wikipedia.
not sure if it's been talked about at all in this thread or not.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:56:39 AM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: July 26, 2010, 08:31:32 AM »

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your editorial on Persona and SMT, Neal. SMT didn't help me get any closer to my parents, but it did help me gain an interest in the different mythologies/religions around the world, especially Hinduism. SMT will always be my favorite game series.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: July 26, 2010, 11:26:26 AM »

Thanks dude.  Heh, but now I realize I haven't played a MegaTen game since P4. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 256 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: