Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 10:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331779 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 358439 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: September 16, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »

Firmly in the 'Kanji is straight' camp here. Some people think Chie and Yukiko have a thing, but I never saw that.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: September 16, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »

Firmly in the 'Kanji is straight' camp here. Some people think Chie and Yukiko have a thing, but I never saw that.

People see what they wanna see.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: September 16, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »

I have a question about DDS.
ESRB says it has "intense violence" but how intense is it?
on a scale of 1 to 10 with 5 being average?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: September 16, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »

I would say 8? Maybe. There's some violent scenes.

Side note: I just got a couple Kaneko art books! One is the first Kaneko Art Works book, and the other is one with tons of character artwork from the Devil Summoner and Persona games. I had my friend from Japan order them for me because I couldn't buy them in America. Well, you can buy the Art Works books from some websites and on ebay, but the other book I had to have him look up on the Amazon Japan website in Japanese in order to find it. I will cherish these forever.

"Oh, a hunter..."
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 16, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »

Fairly violent and at times bloody. You can eat your enemies, so...

Side note: I just got a couple Kaneko art books! One is the first Kaneko Art Works book, and the other is one with tons of character artwork from the Devil Summoner and Persona games. I had my friend from Japan order them for me because I couldn't buy them in America. Well, you can buy the Art Works books from some websites and on ebay, but the other book I had to have him look up on the Amazon Japan website in Japanese in order to find it. I will cherish these forever.

Jealous. I would love one of these if it had DDS/Nocturne art too. I'd be able to type game titles in Japanese but I can't read descriptions worth shit.

Re: Chie and Yukiko, I didn't see anything more than friends either. Yosuke struck me as a gay/bi possibility. But personally I couldn't stand him so I didn't give him much thought. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: September 16, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »

Maybe some people think of the Chie and Yukiko thing because Chie is a bit of a tomboy girl and since they are close friends well, we start imagining things.

Now we're all talking about love partners in Persona 4, one thing that made me sad was that we couldn't have a "thing" with the Nurse. She was so cool and a lot of times she was clearly teasing you.
Both her and Tanaka (the Devil social links) are probably my favorite links of the games.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: September 16, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »

Maybe some people think of the Chie and Yukiko thing because Chie is a bit of a tomboy girl and since they are close friends well, we start imagining things.

Now we're all talking about love partners in Persona 4, one thing that made me sad was that we couldn't have a "thing" with the Nurse. She was so cool and a lot of times she was clearly teasing you.
Both her and Tanaka (the Devil social links) are probably my favorite links of the games.

Wait... What were those private sessions where the screen goes dark then?

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: September 16, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »

Wait... What were those private sessions where the screen goes dark then?

There was a lot of action, we just didn't see it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »

Yukiko refers to Chie as a "Prince" several times...

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: September 16, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »

DDS1 has some blood, occasional impalings.

DDS2 can get really gory.

I'd say 7 and 8, respectively.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: September 16, 2010, 10:52:28 PM »

Wait, where did this Yosuke is gay/bi nonsense come from?  That thought had never even crossed my mind.  Is there something specific?

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: September 16, 2010, 11:01:04 PM »

It's a JRPG the homoeroticism is implicit.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »

That's pretty obviously a metaphorical reference.  Chie was Yukiko's only out in terms of her various family problems and duties, her friendship with Chie gave her a reason to keep going, just like how the prince saves the princess in a fairy tale.

I guess people are just stupid and want to see homoeroticism so badly in everything that they turn a blind eye to the exceedingly obvious.  Just like with Kanji.  The game freaking TELLS you he's not gay, the whole problem was that he was afraid that his "girly" hobbies of being interested in textiles and sewing/knitting would get out and that people would make fun of him for it.  He THINKS that because he likes a "girly" hobby that he might be gay, but then realizes through his confrontation with his shadow self that the real problem is rooted deeper and he comes to terms with himself.  It's really not a very complex issue and I thought the game did an excellent job of explaining everything to the player, but people just get incredibly stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

The "Yousuke might be gay" thing probably comes from a misinterpretation of an early developer interview where it was stated that you could get into a relationship with Yousuke.  They were really just talking about the fact that you could have S.Links with all the male party members, but it was initially translated as that you could date them and a lot of people fell for it.  See also: fangirls like the homosex.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: September 17, 2010, 12:27:40 AM »

That's pretty obviously a metaphorical reference.  Chie was Yukiko's only out in terms of her various family problems and duties, her friendship with Chie gave her a reason to keep going, just like how the prince saves the princess in a fairy tale.
Indeed. I was merely pointing to dialogue that could have been misconstrued and used to support that notion. 

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 17, 2010, 12:39:46 AM »

I thought she mainly referred to Chie as a 'prince' when it was Shadow!Yukiko anyways. Outside of that, they just seemed like BFF to me.

I too just figured Kanji qA ashamed of his girly hobbies. It seemed like he only momentarily questioned his sexuality BECAUSE of Naoto, who we thought was a guy at the time... Even when she was revealed as a female, he still had a thing for her (I thought).

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: