Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331718 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 358104 times)
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1710 on: July 24, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »

You totally missed the Igor social link. Shit was romantic, yo.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: July 24, 2011, 02:50:40 PM »

You totally missed the Igor social link. Shit was romantic, yo.

Oh right! There's actually a sex scene where Igor's nose plays a very important role.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1712 on: July 24, 2011, 11:49:31 PM »

Yikes, kinda glad I missed that one!

Everything's Eventual
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: July 25, 2011, 12:05:31 AM »

So, they had Nasal?
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1714 on: July 26, 2011, 12:55:09 AM »

Thankfully SMT hasn't been Japan-only for a while. Atlus USA has been good about that since Nocturne, actually. (I forget if DemiKids came first)

DemiKids predated Nocturne; was the first game to get the SMT moniker in the US, too.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: July 26, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »

So... Am I really the only person in the whole world who's enjoying Persona's OST on the PSP? I can't be; there must be someone else who's as functionally retarded as I am, right?

I like it, but I think it works A lot better as a stand alone then actually does in game.
I loved it too. You aren't alone.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:26:22 PM by xXMelancholiaXx » Logged

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1716 on: August 30, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »

Please don't hollar at me for hopping back to topic of the older Megami Tensei titles but I am still at bit confused as to where to start.... I'm torn between starting with Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga 1..... I can't believe these games passed me by, being that I was Persona fan since it first came out ages ago on the PS1. Thanks for the advice in advance :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1717 on: August 30, 2011, 11:54:34 PM »

I feel like replaying DemiKids for some reason.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: August 31, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »

Please don't hollar at me for hopping back to topic of the older Megami Tensei titles but I am still at bit confused as to where to start.... I'm torn between starting with Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga 1..... I can't believe these games passed me by, being that I was Persona fan since it first came out ages ago on the PS1. Thanks for the advice in advance :)

If you like taking 4 steps between every battle then DDS1 is for you.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1719 on: August 31, 2011, 12:51:38 AM »

Someone at NeoGAF posted this after getting all horny with the new Persona fighting game announcement.

<3

That's nothing, there's a random battle every 2 steps in Dragon Quest VIII. And I love that game.

There's also enemies you can see on the map but those are like special types of enemies/monsters/things that can kill you in a few turns.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:53:10 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »

The awesome thing about that is that the number of random battles, even if incredibly frequent, is that it is perfect for providing enough levels to beat each boss. That's good game design.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1721 on: August 31, 2011, 04:39:06 PM »

Been awhile, but isn't this dungeon specific?  I remember the rate being pretty high, but definitely a lot better than the SNES days.  It didn't bother me too much really, but ymmv.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1722 on: August 31, 2011, 04:58:41 PM »

Nocturne.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1723 on: August 31, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

Nocturne.

I think would be nice you actually explained to our friend just why you suggested Nocturne, instead of merely saying 'Buy Nocturne'.  Just sayin'...
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1724 on: August 31, 2011, 05:31:44 PM »

Nocturne and DDS, despite being based on the same core engine, are very different games.  DDS is a more classically-styled RPG, whereas Nocturne is part of the mainline SMT series and has its focus on demon recruitment and fusion.  Both are great titles.  I have a soft spot in my heart for DDS, myself.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: