Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319648 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 249 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 323529 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: September 19, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »

I'm expecting my EP experience all over again, the good and the bad. Figured that short of an extreme rebalance (if not redesign) it was still going to be obnoxious in the same ways, but very likeable and memorable in many others.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1786 on: September 19, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »

I'm expecting my EP experience all over again, the good and the bad. Figured that short of an extreme rebalance (if not redesign) it was still going to be obnoxious in the same ways, but very likeable and memorable in many others.

Just remember one thing (you and everyone else,) -- you can turn battle animations off by pressing Start. In case you're wondering why I've told you of this feature, it's because just about every review of this game I've seen on the net complains about how battle animations are slow, and that there's nothing you can do about them -- and yet, there is; all you have to do is turn the animations off. And they don't even make one mention of that feature.

Again, it's possible that you (and everyone else,) could have learned this on your own, but since so many reviewers of this game seemly didn't, that's why I'm bringing it up.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:46:57 PM by badsanta » Logged
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1787 on: September 19, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »

Just remember one thing (you and everyone else,) -- you can turn battle animations off by pressing start. In case you're wondering why I've told of this feature, it's because just about every review of this game I've seen on the net complains about how battle animations are slow, and that there's nothing you can do about them -- and yet, there is; all you have to do is turn the animations off. And they don't even make one mention of that feature.

Again, it's possible that you (and everyone else,) could have learned this on your own, but since so many reviewers of this game seemly didn't, that's why I'm bringing it up.

Here's my question - why not include that in the damn options menu, Atlus?!.  I'd heard about that feature in EP, but the only thing that's in the options menu for IS is to turn off the interstitial character portraits, but not the animations.  The game never explains where or how to do this.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1788 on: September 19, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »

Just remember one thing (you and everyone else,) -- you can turn battle animations off by pressing start. In case you're wondering why I've told of this feature, it's because just about every review of this game I've seen on the net complains about how battle animations are slow, and that there's nothing you can do about them -- and yet, there is; all you have to do is turn the animations off. And they don't even make one mention of that feature.

Here's my question - why not include that in the damn options menu, Atlus?!.  I'd heard about that feature in EP, but the only thing that's in the options menu for IS is to turn off the interstitial character portraits, but not the animations.  The game never explains where or how to do this.

Whatever happened to reading the manual?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1789 on: September 19, 2011, 04:46:48 PM »

What's a manual?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1790 on: September 19, 2011, 04:47:49 PM »

Here's my question - why not include that in the damn options menu, Atlus?!.  I'd heard about that feature in EP, but the only thing that's in the options menu for IS is to turn off the interstitial character portraits, but not the animations.  The game never explains where or how to do this.

Whatever happened to reading the manual?

Problem is I don't have a retail copy - all I have is a UMD with no artwork that has "TEST DISC - SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI PERSONA 2 INNOCENT SIN" on it.  As well, what about those who will end up purchasing the game digitally.  The PSN manuals are none too friendly.

I think the doubly important thing is that I actually went and looked for this option in the options menu.  I wasn't unaware of it, but in fact tried to find it and it wasn't where it was expected to be.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:56:51 PM by KeeperX » Logged

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 19, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »

The PSN manuals are none too friendly.

Atlus has traditionally redirected you to download the PDF off their site actually, I know that was the case for Hexyz Force and probably was for Persona 3, I'd have to check again. I guess it has to do with some Sony policy about resizing manuals, I think they should just include either, especially since the made for PSP manuals tend to have a few quirks that tend to not make them ideal anyway.

... That probably hurts the "read the manual" argument more than anything else.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1792 on: September 19, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »

DUMB STUPID QUESTION TIME -- This is going to be available as a digital download, right?

I'm not too scared about the encounter rate. Persona 1 had all of these problems too, and I enjoyed myself regardless. I tried to play this game on my computer ages ago (fan translated) and my poor computer couldn't handle it. So yay to more persona!

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 19, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »

DUMB STUPID QUESTION TIME -- This is going to be available as a digital download, right?

Said so right in The Drop on Sony's own blog. Probably a news story here stated that, but I can't remember and dont' care to dig up ANY URL right now.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1794 on: September 19, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

I think every PSP game unless otherwise stated is a PSN download as well, because of the Go. The only non PSN game I can think of after the Go came out is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and I have no idea why that is.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 19, 2011, 09:39:47 PM »

I think every PSP game unless otherwise stated is a PSN download as well, because of the Go. The only non PSN game I can think of after the Go came out is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and I have no idea why that is.

Licensing bullshit, undoubtedly. SE's been good with every other title, and any attempts to prevent piracy via verifying load times aren't unusually fast can be easily remedied (apparently Mana Khemia screwed up there but it got patched), and pirates probably HAVE gotten the game to run anyway so... yeah, undoubtedly it's licensing issues, and SE will probably get those straightened out for following systems.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:57:13 PM by Eusis » Logged
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1796 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:10 PM »

I played through the Playstation version of IS a little under two years ago and the encounter rate coupled with the dungeon design do annoy at times. I found it to be bearable, more so due to the overall quality of the game than any sheer tolerance on my part. I also remember being perplexed that I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as EP, which I had played a year prior to that. I enjoyed both of their stories to about the same degree and, as I recall, they play and even sound very similar, so the lukewarm response to IS relative to EP seemed a bit odd to me. Regardless, some redesign would have gone a long way with this game but sadly that isn't the case. My preorder has shipped, though I doubt I'll be playing through it again so soon.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1797 on: September 19, 2011, 09:55:06 PM »

Licensing bullshit, undoubtedly. SE's been good with every other title, and any attempts to prevent piracy via verifying load times make sense can be easily remedied (apparently Mana Khemia screwed up there but it got patched), and pirates probably HAVE gotten the game to run anyway so... yeah, undoubtedly it's licensing issues, and SE will probably get those straightened out for following systems.

Yeah, I recall hearing explicitly back when that came out that not releasing it on the PSN was Disney's decision, not S-E's.  Disney can be extremely controlling about their properties...

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1798 on: September 19, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »

Akanbe just sent me a text, totally dressed me down for cancelling my order

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1799 on: September 19, 2011, 11:09:46 PM »

I had hoped this site would be different, but it's hating on Innocent Sin for the same silly reasons everyone else is.

What makes this 'dated' RPG so different from the likes of Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI? Would those be getting 6s and 7s nowadays too? Tsumi is a classic, and deserves more love than this.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 249 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: