Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330189 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 258 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 352658 times)
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1845 on: September 30, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »

Dubs are usually terrible in comparison to the original anyway, I always preferred subtitles in Anime.

Maybe I'm just more selective with what I watch, but I rarely find watching subs superior to dubs. The vast majority of the time it doesn't make a difference. In fact, if I were going to say which one was superior I'd more often pick the dub. The quality of dubs has been going up so much that even if the sub is slightly better in quality, it doesn't out weigh the benefit of not having to read the sub.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1846 on: September 30, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »

I don't think we know anything about the dub yet.  That likely won't be out for a while.  Simulcasts are, by nature, subtitled only.  There just isn't time to redub things.
There's time, but not the money to pay voice actors (it's worse if they're with unions). I thought it was that way.

No, there certainly will be a dub for the DVD/blu-ray release.  Just not the simulcast.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 01, 2011, 11:59:32 PM »

Maybe I'm just more selective with what I watch, but I rarely find watching subs superior to dubs. The vast majority of the time it doesn't make a difference. In fact, if I were going to say which one was superior I'd more often pick the dub. The quality of dubs has been going up so much that even if the sub is slightly better in quality, it doesn't out weigh the benefit of not having to read the sub.

I think the attitude is largely a carry over from the 90s, where they only started getting better than not on average by the end of the decade. Well, there are other factors: people who prefer authenticity (who I can't really blame), those that simply like the sound of the original VA, and those who have trouble following spoken dialogue-exclusively and go to Japanese with English subtitles because they don't bother putting dub subtitles in most of the time.

You also get a few freak cases like Eden of the East where the first episode at the very least DEFINITELY should be watched set to Japanese with English subtitles: It takes place in DC and the American characters actually speak English, well at that. Making everyone speak perfect English would just ruin the effect if you ask me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:03:04 AM by Eusis » Logged
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1848 on: October 12, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »

I personally don't mind bad voice acting in English or Japanese if there's an option to mute the voices and/or the ability to simply skip through the spoken dialogue, since 99% of the time I do that anyway, as I would rather read than listen.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1849 on: October 13, 2011, 04:13:24 PM »

I'm only willing to put up with bad voice acting if it's as good as Robot Alchemic Drive's.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1850 on: October 14, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »

I'm only willing to put up with bad voice acting if it's as good as Robot Alchemic Drive's.

I absolutely love that game, the dubbing is so bad that it's good.

124 pages of smt, I still only care about Devil Summoner and Soul hackers being re-released in English. The sad thing is that Atlus has an english version of SH sitting somewhere in their vaults, I just think they assume western civilization wants persona re-hashes only.

edit: So i'm sure most of you have seen this, but i'm adding it. Also with a note that there is nothing illegal about this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuyFBp9biDw&feature=player_embedded#!

And the gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh3nJMULmxE&feature=related
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:23:12 AM by Darklight » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1851 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Persona Gets Its Own Monthly Magazine In Japan

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/18/persona-gets-its-own-monthly-persona-magazine-in-japan/

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1852 on: October 19, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »

And it's own mobile game too.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/19/persona-4-social-is-coming-to-smartphones/

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1853 on: October 19, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »

Now that is just weird, I think in reality that smt IT, DS and SH where the motivators for persona. Persona 5 would be the next logical step imho, something on next gen please and definately not hand held.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1854 on: October 19, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »

Now that is just weird, I think in reality that smt IT, DS and SH where the motivators for persona. Persona 5 would be the next logical step imho, something on next gen please and definately not hand held.

There's no doubt in my mind that Catherine was made partly to see what they could do on next-gen consoles, and that they will definitely be making P5 for PS3. Maybe it will be dual console too. That kind of weirds me out thinking of a Persona game being dual console.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1855 on: October 20, 2011, 01:06:57 PM »

Without bringing up the system wars I'd really like for P5 if it ever comes to be a PS3 exclusive, due to the fact that Atlus can put whatever they want in the disc. Be it dual audio, tons of anime scenes in full 1080p, interviews and whatever extra content they can think of.
After that, if they feel like it, they could release it for the 360, maybe together with Wii U, on how many discs it takes to fit it all but without compromising the game or their creative side.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: October 20, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »

Microsoft apparently has a policy that would prevent that. Simultaneous release, or it doesn't go on the Xbox at all.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1857 on: October 20, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »

That's only with downloadable titles. Virtua Fighter 5 was originally a ps3 exclusive before it came to the 360.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:52 PM »

That's only with downloadable titles. Virtua Fighter 5 was originally a ps3 exclusive before it came to the 360.

Policy can change over the years, and I see Microsoft as being the kind of company that'd want to force this. It's also likely why we rarely see multiple language tracks despite blu-ray offering a ridiculous surplus of data to store them in (well, and some developers/publishers genuinely not expecting people might want them.)
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1859 on: October 20, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »

Well Smt games have been out on Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Pc engine and Microsoft consoles. I would be disappointed to not see a 360 release of ps5 and I can admit I still run Linux on my Ps3 rather then a console and my slim isn't even plugged in. The last I read is that Atlus was sick of doing persona titles, better google this,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 258 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: