Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 04:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319774 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 249 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 324145 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2025 on: April 07, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »

How do the PS2 classics look on the PS3?  Otherwise this is pretty cool, since I don't have a PS2 and have yet to pick up P3P (not sure which ill get now.)  I got to play some of it back when it first got released, but never got very far before I sold off my ps2.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2026 on: April 07, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

I don't have any PS2 classics so I can't say from personal experience but from what I've gathered it's the same thing as the PS2, so it will run in 480p. A safe bet I assume is looking how a PSOne game looks on the PS3 and itcwill be just the same (in terms of resolution, of course).

Maybe there is an option to smooth the image or something but I truly don't know.

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2027 on: April 07, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »

I have no experience with the newer model ps3's or the ps2 classic downloads but with the 60gb ps3 with BC when you hit the smoothing option during gameplay the difference is quite drastic..... I mean I have seriously tried every high-end cable and visual enhancing method I could come across and NOTHING I've seen works as well to make your old games look as good as they did, if not better, on newer TV's..... I'm curious as to whether this is possible with the ps2 classic downloads and newer ps3 models myself.... can anyone shed any light on this?

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2028 on: April 09, 2012, 11:52:50 AM »

I don't have any PS2 classics so I can't say from personal experience but from what I've gathered it's the same thing as the PS2, so it will run in 480p. A safe bet I assume is looking how a PSOne game looks on the PS3 and itcwill be just the same (in terms of resolution, of course).

Maybe there is an option to smooth the image or something but I truly don't know.

It's an option for PS1 games, and I love how they run. Not sure if it works that way for PS2 games.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2029 on: April 10, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »

And here's a tangential and completely random post:  

When I first saw this pic on a friend's Facebook, my first thought was "ARGILLA!"  

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=173678159337199&set=a.167337296637952.31548.139651596073189&type=1&theater

(Nice looking young lady.  A little skinny for my tastes, but she does have a rather nice nose.  I'm not one to ever notice noses, but hers is particularly attractive.)  

You may now return to your regularly scheduled conversation.

I approve of this nonsense!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: April 10, 2012, 11:57:42 PM »

Sorry, but I'm not going to complain about anything being made more widely available.  And it makes sense to start off with their most popular titles.
It does make sense, but it can be annoying if they keep focusing on more popular titles while ignoring more niche ones that really could stand to be re-released, or simply stuff I missed. Atlus is just now dipping their toes in classic DD releases here (unless you count the PSP stuff), so I'll wait to see if they bother beyond (popular) MegaTen titles, but it's frustrating how someone like Square Enix will make sure to get all the FF games up, THEN start picking at more obscure stuff like FM3 and Xenogears, but ignore their Enix and SaGa games as well as the non-RPGs that probably could do as well as stuff like Threads of Fate at least.
Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2031 on: April 11, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »

remember playing Persona 2 EP years ago.

only got to when I fought ulala in the gym. Honestly, I hated the amt of dungeons and the gameplay was boring.

Now that I am more mature. I will look into it and start a new game. I kinda know how to work with personas now that I played 3 and also read up on p2 personas.

Anyone got any tips?
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2032 on: April 11, 2012, 03:25:44 PM »

P2:EP can either be extremely difficult or a breeze, depending on how well you adjust.

It's my favorite in the series, but also the hardest, and it can easily break you.

Get a Pixie early on. Megido is great for almost the entire game.

Focus on VIT/MAG for Maya. She dies way too easily if you don't.

Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2033 on: April 11, 2012, 06:54:17 PM »

P2:EP can either be extremely difficult or a breeze, depending on how well you adjust.

It's my favorite in the series, but also the hardest, and it can easily break you.

Get a Pixie early on. Megido is great for almost the entire game.

Focus on VIT/MAG for Maya. She dies way too easily if you don't.

Thank you. I most certainly will take that advice. also I was able to get my eyes on the prima strat guide. but like some primas it doesn't really go in depth with what personas to get and whatnot.

I'll definitely be up for more advice if you or anyone has any.

pretty much since I was spoiled with who the killer was in p4. I decided to play this game. from what I remember the story was dark and mature and was pretty interesting. heard the game is very long so im sure the there are plenty of twists
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2034 on: April 11, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »

Eternal Punishment is the hardest? Well, guess they didn't chose that name without a reason.
I already thought P1 to be a little too punishing, especially with status effects.

On the other hand the re-release of Innocent Sin is so easy, at least on easy, I don't even have to worry. Considering I'm on Jetto's side considering the dungeon design, I'm glad the game is on the easy side, so I at least can focus on the story without wasting god knows how much time in dungeons.

I'm about half-way through IS and even though I have mixed feeling, I'm still having fun I'll pick up EP. I just hope Atlus adds that sweet easy mode IS has.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2035 on: April 11, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »

Sorry, but I'm not going to complain about anything being made more widely available.  And it makes sense to start off with their most popular titles.
It does make sense, but it can be annoying if they keep focusing on more popular titles while ignoring more niche ones that really could stand to be re-released, or simply stuff I missed. Atlus is just now dipping their toes in classic DD releases here (unless you count the PSP stuff), so I'll wait to see if they bother beyond (popular) MegaTen titles, but it's frustrating how someone like Square Enix will make sure to get all the FF games up, THEN start picking at more obscure stuff like FM3 and Xenogears, but ignore their Enix and SaGa games as well as the non-RPGs that probably could do as well as stuff like Threads of Fate at least.

^^^^^^ this, especially from someone who didn't have the opportunity to play a lot of these early niche games when they came out

Everything's Eventual
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2036 on: April 12, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »

Eternal Punishment is the hardest? Well, guess they didn't chose that name without a reason.
I already thought P1 to be a little too punishing, especially with status effects.

On the other hand the re-release of Innocent Sin is so easy, at least on easy, I don't even have to worry. Considering I'm on Jetto's side considering the dungeon design, I'm glad the game is on the easy side, so I at least can focus on the story without wasting god knows how much time in dungeons.

I'm about half-way through IS and even though I have mixed feeling, I'm still having fun I'll pick up EP. I just hope Atlus adds that sweet easy mode IS has.

IS was always an easy game, except for the final boss. Not sure about easy mode, but he has a skill with an AOE death skill that could easily wipe your whole team.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2037 on: April 12, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »

Well, at least by then I won't have to worry about dungeons anymore just some luck and reviving items.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2038 on: April 14, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »

EP is a lot better than IS from what I played of both.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2039 on: April 14, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »

EP is a lot better than IS from what I played of both.

After having played and finished IS I would have to agree.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 249 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: