Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 05:10:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329776 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 257 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 349721 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2235 on: July 31, 2012, 01:41:41 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-nFaNduJw&feature=plcp

This is the voice we have to look forward to in Persona 4 Golden. Maybe it gets better, but the casting for Teddy and Chie are just off...
This SO feels like the complete Sonic VA cast removal. Did Chie's previous VA go Union, too?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2236 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »

For P4 Golden they are going to change the voices or re-recording lines? I mean, is never a bad thing having consistency between games and a I can imagine some people getting into the series for Arena.

Just wondering.

They changed the voices/redid them with the two new people...Jesus though, I knew from the trailer for Arena it would be off. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2237 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-nFaNduJw&feature=plcp

This is the voice we have to look forward to in Persona 4 Golden. Maybe it gets better, but the casting for Teddy and Chie are just off...
This SO feels like the complete Sonic VA cast removal. Did Chie's previous VA go Union, too?

Rare case, I hear that she was a non-VA who just happened to audition, and no longer does voice work.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2238 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »

"Secret.mp3"

from NeoGAF:

New comment on the site:

"Like the Messiah Project in Shin Megami Tensei II, we are trying to create a new saviour (Messiah).
- Kenichi Tsuchiya, sound director"
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2239 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »

I just read something funny about how they should just hunt the people that did the Himmdaisy dub for Chie and Teddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qR_LM4nQ7w#!
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2240 on: July 31, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »

So does Atlus like to make websites for things before they have anything to show/announce about these things? Persona 3 Movie site has been sitting there for the last month, haven't even tweeted anything with their twitter since July 3rd. They revealed when we'd get a teaser for SMT 4 but the site is still pretty useless.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2241 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »

I thought the voice actress for Mel in Aveyond 3 would have made a decent substitute Chie.  According to our interview with Aaron Walz (Aveyond's composer) Mel's actress's name was Adrienne Foreman.

EDIT: Granted, I wasn't immediately sold on her voice when I first played P4.  It eventually grew on me, though.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:01:22 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2242 on: July 31, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »

I've never hidden to be one of the "purists" who like orignal VA and I've heard a ton o complains of Fuuka's voice in P3 but this video make it sound a lot nicer: *Gasp* The enemy!!!

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2243 on: July 31, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »

I thought the voice actress for Mel in Aveyond 3 would have made a decent substitute Chie.  According to our interview with Aaron Walz (Aveyond's composer) Mel's actress's name was Adrienne Foreman.

EDIT: Granted, I wasn't immediately sold on her voice when I first played P4.  It eventually grew on me, though.  
Nobody was at first, but just like in some occasions in Arc Rise Fantasia, the VAs start to sound better.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2244 on: July 31, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »

I've never hidden to be one of the "purists" who like orignal VA and I've heard a ton o complains of Fuuka's voice in P3 but this video make it sound a lot nicer: *Gasp* The enemy!!!

Almost no one played The Answer, but anyone who did was rewarded with a much, much better Fuuka voice. (Same actress, better delivery.)

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2245 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »

I liked The Answer but I would never replay it... so grindy...
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2246 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »

I plan on replaying it after I finish P3NG+, and end Elizabeth.
(Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.)

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: July 31, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »

The Answer was a bloody headache.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2248 on: July 31, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »

Almost no one played The Answer

Really? Because that's kinda weird considering how that part of the game is canon and all that.

Though, a few years ago I read in an article of the series that "The Answer" was made in the first place because Japanese players I believe didn't liked the true ending of P3 and the game became popular enough to do a re-release with new content.

To this day I've have my doubts if all of that is true or not, but the way the story is told in that particular part of the game is basically there to let the players know how all of the other characters are doing after
Code:
Minato became modern day Jesus Christ.

I also played The Answer for like, 110 hours. :p

ADMIT EDIT: I know there's cases where practically everyone knows or it becomes useless to fight spoilers, but let's at least avoid implied ending spoilers here.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:30:09 PM by Eusis » Logged
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2249 on: July 31, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »

Almost no one played The Answer

Really? Because that's kinda weird considering how that part of the game is canon and all that.

Though, a few years ago I read in an article of the series that "The Answer" was made in the first place because Japanese players I believe didn't liked the true ending of P3 and the game became popular enough to do a re-release with new content.

To this day I've have my doubts if all of that is true or not, but the way the story is told in that particular part of the game is basically there to let the players know how all of the other characters are doing after
Code:
Minato became modern day Jesus Christ.

I also played The Answer for like, 110 hours. :p

Really? I always thought Persona 3 had pretty much an excellent ending, or at least one of the more satisfying endings that comes to my mind.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:07:49 PM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 257 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: