Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327785 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 256 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 342646 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2310 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »

For P5 I'm pretty sure they are gonna be references about "those guys from the previous game" like the other ones have had already. After P4 Golden is released I don't think (for now anyway) that Atlus Index will to keep milking the cow, they haven't done a bad job anyway.

I mean, the source material has been respected so far and the newer version of P4 just adds more stuff like P3 FES did. No biggie if you ask me.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2311 on: August 16, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »

can you seriously  look at this
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii404/pjca/P3Q.png
and think they wont be involved in P5?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2312 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »

can you seriously  look at this
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii404/pjca/P3Q.png
and think they wont be involved in P5?

P2 made one heck out of an epic by following up on P1. I doubt anyone will complain if P5 does the same with 3 & 4.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2313 on: August 16, 2012, 09:59:56 AM »

Just don't put the focus on the P4 crew. They have an the game, an anime, a fighting game, a manga, and a remake on the way. It could be epic, but I'm so sick of Persona 4 right now.

SOCIAL LINKS MUST END! There I said it, they were interesting, but unless they kind find a way to spice them up again, they can be done away with.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2314 on: August 16, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »

Just don't put the focus on the P4 crew. They have an the game, an anime, a fighting game, a manga, and a remake on the way. It could be epic, but I'm so sick of Persona 4 right now.

SOCIAL LINKS MUST END! There I said it, they were interesting, but unless they kind find a way to spice them up again, they can be done away with.

i'll grant you that they could be spiced up but if you get rid of them altogether i think you'd have a pretty boring game i haven't finished the second half of FES for that reason.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2315 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »

Yeah... but P5 is like a completely new game you know, if it's made without the Social Links in mind then it doesn't matter if has that feature or not.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2316 on: August 16, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »

i'll grant you that they could be spiced up but if you get rid of them altogether i think you'd have a pretty boring game i haven't finished the second half of FES for that reason.

Who says P5 will even have the one year calendar? Could be more standard rpgish. Kind of like Persona 2 rather than 3 and 3.5- cough, cough, sorry I ment 4.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2317 on: August 16, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »

On P4A - I guarantee that ASW will come out with an expansion in the next two years.  Probably closer to eighteen months.  It fits ASW's business model, and P4A has been such a huge success that they might even rush a new version. 

On P5 - I 100% hope / believe that there will be a new cast, with several references and cameos.  You know, just like how Persona 2, 3, and 4 worked.  It's worked for them before, and I'm sure everyone's eager for some new blood in the series.  Although if Mitsuru features semi-prominently I won't complain....

On Social Links - I'm not opposed to having them changed.  I really liked how there was a parallel story-oriented system that boosted specific Arcana, but I didn't like how it was basically dialog grinding.  If they managed to tie it in better with the main narrative, like make each Arcana boost through a specific sidequest chain that had specific characters and optional events associated with it, then I wouldn't miss Social Links at all.  Bottom line - I like what S.Links accomplished on the gameplay side of things and I sometimes really liked them, but I would rather something that blended combat, dialog, and choices more like a traditional RPG sidequest. 

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2318 on: August 16, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »

so does anyone think snowy is koromaru? i realize there are age issue's but given the setting maybe koromaru was genetically altered. also iwant  to know more about the plume of dusk.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2319 on: August 16, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »

Completely different type of dog, so probably not. Plus Snowy was trapped on the island. Plus Koromaru was with his owner till his death, and for years afterwards.

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2320 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »

On P5 - I 100% hope / believe that there will be a new cast, with several references and cameos.  You know, just like how Persona 2, 3, and 4 worked.  It's worked for them before, and I'm sure everyone's eager for some new blood in the series.  Although if Mitsuru features semi-prominently I won't complain....

On Social Links - I'm not opposed to having them changed.  I really liked how there was a parallel story-oriented system that boosted specific Arcana, but I didn't like how it was basically dialog grinding.  If they managed to tie it in better with the main narrative, like make each Arcana boost through a specific sidequest chain that had specific characters and optional events associated with it, then I wouldn't miss Social Links at all.  Bottom line - I like what S.Links accomplished on the gameplay side of things and I sometimes really liked them, but I would rather something that blended combat, dialog, and choices more like a traditional RPG sidequest. 

i guess i liked the dialog grind more than the dungeon grind in persona. that said, i guess there are ways that the social links could could be modified so they don't seem quite so formulaic. the side quest idea could work well. so long as the character development is there and npc's and things to do besides the dungeon grind are compelling i'm for it.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2321 on: August 22, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »

Soul Hackers 3DS comes out on Aug 30th, I believe. That means the SMTIV trailer should be showing up very soon!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2322 on: August 22, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »

if theres a returning cast for P5 the endings of P4A all make it seem like the majority of the P4 cast wont be around with the possible exception of naoto but ive heard the golden epilougue puts even that into question. theres also the fact that it seems persona 4 characters cant use thier persona outside the tv. they probally could with evokers but mitsuru wants them to live thier lives and she and labrys will watch over them.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2323 on: August 23, 2012, 07:32:32 AM »

The endings of Persona 4 Arena say anything but that. They want to find out whats doing this just as much as Mitsuru. In fact, didn't they say they were going to Port Island?

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2324 on: August 23, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »

not in the endings ive seen so far. wich is yu yosuke labrys and mitsuru.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 256 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: