Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341319 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 383538 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2460 on: October 12, 2012, 05:28:13 AM »

So I just watched some of those P4:G clips...that's Chie's new voice? That's...wow; that's horrible. X-x It's a joke right? That VA couldn't deliver a line on proper emotional tone if you put it in a steel case, chained it to her wrist, and sent her packed in bubble wrap to the location via UPS First Class. ~_~ I really hope there's a Japanese option otherwise...this is gonna be painful. Heck this may be the first run of P4 I ever play where Chie isn't in my party post-Kanji.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:32:05 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2461 on: October 17, 2012, 01:18:57 AM »

"Speaking with science writer, Kaoru Takeuchi, about the Persona series in a Famitsu.com feature, Katsura Hashino mentions that development of the next numbered Persona game is making progress."

"Hashino will be returning as the director of Persona 5, and will be joined by Shoji Meguro as composer and Shigenori Soejima as character designer. Back in late 2011, Hashino also revealed that Persona 5 uses an internal Atlus engine." -- Source: Siliconera

Just like Versus XIII. Keep waiting... please.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2462 on: October 17, 2012, 02:23:27 AM »

"Speaking with science writer, Kaoru Takeuchi, about the Persona series in a Famitsu.com feature, Katsura Hashino mentions that development of the next numbered Persona game is making progress."

"Hashino will be returning as the director of Persona 5, and will be joined by Shoji Meguro as composer and Shigenori Soejima as character designer. Back in late 2011, Hashino also revealed that Persona 5 uses an internal Atlus engine." -- Source: Siliconera

Just like Versus XIII. Keep waiting... please.

Unlike Versus XIII you can have one of a dozen or so versions of other Persona games and enjoy it because they don't suck like every FF game that could be bothered to be release outside of Japan.

Seriously? No plans on bringing either Type-0 or Bravely Default out of Japan yet? What's next? Can't be bothered to release motherfucking Tomb Raider without a publisher/distributor?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2463 on: October 17, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »

Also, unlike Versus, they aren't teasing us for years on end. Atlus did not promise P5 would be the immediate game they would work on in whatever time they were asked. Considering how much portable games they've made during this, also Catherine, all this considering Atlus doesn't have the amount of spare money other japanese developers have.

Not to mention, even if their games are not "the best" graphics, at least their games are polished and they tend to please most fans, unlike square and their polarizing games ( FFXIII, FFXIV, DQX).

If I take Strange Journey which I've had tons of gripes with, still managed to entertain me quite a lot. For those who liked it, I bet it is much better.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2464 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »

If P5 doesn't end up being more of the same like P4 was I'll be satisfied.

In retrospective though it was kinda ironic how P4 end up being an anime series given how the story of the game lend itself better for that kind of format. I never liked the way in which the story and characters were presented or how it was managed, it didn't have the same weight to it like P3 had at the time IMO.

P4 felt for me more like a "bad" anime series made into an RPG... that's, the best way I can describe it.

Also (and might be going to regret asking this but) why everyone hates Yukari Takeba? I liked her a lot in P3. A bunch of people seems to hates her...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:35:37 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2465 on: October 17, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »

Also (and might be going to regret asking this but) why everyone hates Yukari Takeba? I liked her a lot in P3. A bunch of people seems to hates her...

I like Yukari as well, but she can come off as one of those typical, annoying high school girls. I'm really hoping she gets put in P4A as DLC.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2466 on: October 17, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »

I liked her, just not in The Answer.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2467 on: October 17, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »

I liked her too but looking back, it may be because she isn't too friendly, at least not at the beginning. She keeps picking on Junpei and telling how everyone is a pervert. Then the rest o the cast start having more screen time and pretty much all of them overshadow her.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2468 on: October 17, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »

The entire P3 cast consists of cardboard cutout stereotypes.  I didn't particularly like any of them.  Yukari was relatively inoffensive, at least, but maybe that's just because she didn't have much of a personality at all.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: October 17, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »

The biggest difference between P5 and Versus XIII is simply the fact we have yet to actually SEE P5. It's definitely worse when they show something... and 6 years later still haven't put it out. P5 will probably only be shown once they're actually 6 MONTHS from release.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2470 on: October 17, 2012, 10:41:34 PM »

The entire P3 cast consists of cardboard cutout stereotypes.  I didn't particularly like any of them.  Yukari was relatively inoffensive, at least, but maybe that's just because she didn't have much of a personality at all.

Maybe is because by the time I played P3 I was barely getting into RPGs (and well, video games) again but I found the cast of P3 being very believable. I didn't expect to actually care for the characters and I wanted to see what happen to them in the course of the story.

P2 and 3 did that well, they made me care about the characters and that's not particulary easy to do, that just my opinion anyway.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 17, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »

Yeah she became permabitch there. Though I never finished The Answer, so I don't know if she actually changes or if her attitude was explained.

I generally loved P3's characters more than P4's. Didn't care much for Akihiko though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2472 on: October 17, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »

I liked Yukari but I'm not sure I could write exactly why.
It's like the result of everything conflicting within her that makes her interesting.

In The Answer she just went a bit crazy... most of them did. I mean Junpei is like the sanest character in The Answer, and that says a lot.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2473 on: October 18, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »

The biggest difference between P5 and Versus XIII is simply the fact we have yet to actually SEE P5. It's definitely worse when they show something... and 6 years later still haven't put it out. P5 will probably only be shown once they're actually 6 MONTHS from release.

I think the biggest update to Versus since its announcement was the fact that the main guy ditched his not quite ripping off Naruto's Sasuke's outfit for some bland boy band attire to fit in with the rest of his boy bland.

Of course pretty much every other time Versus is brought up it always goes as follows "No progress has been made since the last time we brought it up as we've pulled people off the team to work on _____, but we assure you that it still exists, just don't expect anything in the meanwhile. Also don't expect Kingdom Hearts 3 until after we give up on Versus.".

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2474 on: October 18, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »

Yeah she became permabitch there. Though I never finished The Answer, so I don't know if she actually changes or if her attitude was explained.

I generally loved P3's characters more than P4's. Didn't care much for Akihiko though.

Both. Finish it.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: