Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 07:55:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335300 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 370695 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2475 on: October 18, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »

The biggest difference between P5 and Versus XIII is simply the fact we have yet to actually SEE P5. It's definitely worse when they show something... and 6 years later still haven't put it out. P5 will probably only be shown once they're actually 6 MONTHS from release.

Yeah they kind of did that with Persona 3 as well.

No rumours at all about it, then suddenly BLAM - surprise! Here's Persona 3!

As for Bravely Default, the game just came out in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced at next year's E3.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2476 on: October 19, 2012, 01:33:33 AM »

As for Bravely Default, the game just came out in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced at next year's E3.

Next E3? Isn't E3 in June or July? I don't want to wait that long for an announcement. ~_~
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 19, 2012, 02:49:59 AM »

Next E3? Isn't E3 in June or July? I don't want to wait that long for an announcement. ~_~

Wouldn't surprise me from SE though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2478 on: October 19, 2012, 03:04:29 AM »

I wouldn't think anyone would surprised really. At this point however, I doubt most followers of Square Enix games really have the patience of keep waiting for their games that usually get announced years before they are even a thing.

So annoying.

The worse part is that all the waiting that they do with their projects does affect the reception their games get with the audience. I can imagine that when Versus XIII is released (and if is released) is gonna be one huge party with fans and critics alienated by the long wait and the quality of the game itself.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 19, 2012, 03:44:19 AM »

I liked her, just not in The Answer.

Yeah she became permabitch there. Though I never finished The Answer, so I don't know if she actually changes or if her attitude was explained.

I generally loved P3's characters more than P4's. Didn't care much for Akihiko though.

Both. Finish it.

I will. One day. But The Answer is hard as hell and my PS2 is... somewhere. I could just get the PSN version. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2480 on: October 20, 2012, 05:31:52 PM »

Persona 4 Arena sells 220,000 copies in Japan, 'beyond expectations' -- Source: EventHubs

"Siliconera made an informative news post yesterday evening where they discussed the sales of Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena.

Since the interest is in Persona 4 Arena, official statistics say that Atlus Japan has sold 220,000 copies.

The good sales for this game bode well for Atlus's support for Persona 4 Arena. Given Atlus's massive marketing push of the Persona franchise over the past year, it may seem to be in their best interests to continue with their work in Persona."
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2481 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »

Hey guys, so I really have let myself go with the SMT playing, in fact the last thing I played was P2 IS for about five minutes a couple weeks ago. I think its mainly cause Persona 3 and 4 made me pretty beat, playing one after the other can be pretty...annoying. So here is the list of SMT games I have and where I am at in them:

Persona 1: I got to the dungeon where its just you and your lady friend. Get raped right of the bat, so I just say I beat the game, because I'm passed the bad ending...
Persona 2 IS: I'm on like the third basement floor of Characol. Kind of got sick of grinding and haven't really picked it up again.
Devil Survivor 2: I love, love, love, love, love this game, yet my DS was stolen. So I am officially no where.
Digital Devil Saga: I'm at the start of the second Dungeon.
Nocturne: I was right after the Matador, but my save was corrupted, and my back up is like the dungeon before that.

So which one should I try and beat?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2482 on: October 21, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »

The original. Persona, that is. Been meaning to replay it, and the final battle's a blast(if you're on the true end path anyway).

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2483 on: October 22, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »

I am, but even on Easy I just get raped by those monsters. Its the second to last dungeon I believe. I don't even know if I'm on my way to getting the upgraded Persona's either, so that'll make the final battle pretty annoying.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2484 on: October 23, 2012, 12:35:05 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/22/etrian-odyssey-iv-towers-over-persona-2-plus-atlus-usa-sales-data/

So Persona 2 EP didn't do nearly as well as P4:TG, P4:A or even Soul Hackers but at least Atlus USA has been doing fairly well.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2485 on: October 23, 2012, 07:32:22 AM »

Yeah, EP's disastrous launch(and IS' mediocre sales) are largely assumed to be the reason we're not getting EP. Shame, since even XSeed can still support the console, you'd think a comparatively larger group like could too, with a mainline game from their B&B franchise at that.

I am, but even on Easy I just get raped by those monsters. Its the second to last dungeon I believe. I don't even know if I'm on my way to getting the upgraded Persona's either, so that'll make the final battle pretty annoying.

You can easily get some game-breaking Personas from the final dungeon. You're almost there, just see it through.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2486 on: November 06, 2012, 08:52:30 PM »

PlayStation Store Update Nov. 06 - Persona Sale:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona -- now: $9.99 original price: $19.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin -- now: $14.99 original price: $29.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES -- now: $4.99 original price: $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable -- now: $9.99 original price: $19.99
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 06, 2012, 08:59:31 PM »

I'd jump on Fes if I could use my PS2 game saves with PS3 versions. Stupid you can't, and as such would just make grabbing it collecting for the sake of collecting.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2488 on: November 08, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »

I just learned Die For Me! is non-transferable in the P3P version...
Why would anyone make Thanatos now?
Thanatos was already a sub-par persona and now he doesn't even get access to the best Death spell.
I'd stick with Mot or Alice personally.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2489 on: November 10, 2012, 03:10:58 AM »

it preordered persona 4 golden that sexy faceplate/decal/whatever is totally mine!
edit:i found yukari the most likable in P3P if you play as fem mc.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:15:45 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: