Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 07:33:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338342 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 375605 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2505 on: November 22, 2012, 11:19:33 AM »

A recent leak implies Soul Hackers is a given. I assume SMT IV is a no-brainer given the 3DS' popularity.

I'd want to say E is a bad idea given the state of the PSP, but the niche flood gates have been blown apart, so it seems kind of ridiculous Atlus aren't willing to at least go digital for EP.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: November 22, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »

P4  Golden is out? Had no idea. That'll have to wait till Christmas, knee-deep in about ten other games to go back and replay that one. However it would give me an actual use for my Vita aside from being a paper weight.

I would get a 3DS, but we have no confirmation about SMT IV coming over. I still want Soul Hackers and Eternal Punishment. Part of me thinks Atlus has given up on everything except Persona 4 over here.

Soul Hackers is still within a comfortable window (August release, while EOIV had a May release and got announced less than a month ago IIRC) while SMTIV isn't even out, nor did we pass an event like E3 where they would announce localization ahead of Japanese release. I wouldn't worry just yet, especially for SMTIV, Eternal Punishment likely being passed over has more to do with the dire state of the PSP in NA.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2507 on: November 22, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »

They could do the best thing ever and release a three pack of Persona 1, and IS and EP for the vita. For 40 bucks, that'd be a deal impossible to pass up. Or they could, ya know, just release EP digitally like CJ said.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2508 on: November 29, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »

Sorry for the double post but I found something productive to do with my life. Remember that Persona 3 Movie? Well that is still happening because I decided to hop on its twitter and found like four to five posts all posted last night. Me being 15 with the attention span of...a 15 year old does not know Japanese. However I did use google translate and got some rough results.

I did use my intuition and looked up full moon dates, and voila! They post updates every full moon. My intuition is based on the fact that they say, HEY ITS A FULL MOON HERE'S AN UPDATE.

I'm pretty sure they are posting things on the site too. For a limited time every full moon. So I missed the mark by 24 hours. SON OF A BIT-

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2509 on: November 30, 2012, 07:47:49 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/30/shin-megami-tensei-ivs-battle-system-detailed-new-screens-of-ruined-tokyo/

Time travel? Alternate reality? A hyper advanced Tokyo situated in a 1492 not-Japan? Or perhaps it's the other way around?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2510 on: December 01, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »

Can not wait.

The world design looks stellar.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2511 on: December 07, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »

So who's ready for some Melon Stuffed Shirts: The Anime?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07/devil-survivor-2-getting-anime-adaptation-in-april/

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07/devil-survivor-2-anime-teaser-gives-a-glimpse-of-the-upcoming-show/

As well as some other Devil Survivor 2 stuffs:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07/wait-a-second-atlus-is-teasing-another-devil-survivor-2-project/

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2512 on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »

A perfect chance to quote an underused line.

Tartarus?
Sounds like toothpaste.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2513 on: December 11, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/11/devil-survivor-overclocked-reaches-europe-in-february/

PAL folks rejoice. You no longer need to import.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2514 on: December 12, 2012, 01:10:10 PM »

Is the extra day in Devil Survivor Overclocked worth it as far as story and choices go?
I liked the original one a lot, and I'm still playing DS2 but I don't find it quite as engaging, still fun though. And even though I got a 3DS recently it does't seem to me a bit would justify the price of admission if I played the original.

P4 Golden on the other hand, I still can't believe how that game could become so much better.
Of all the extra stuff it got, one thing that is sometimes overlooked is the additional music. Snowflakes is so good I can listen to it in loop for hours.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2515 on: December 13, 2012, 08:32:05 PM »

Yes. The 8th Day is something else, especially on the True Demon/Naoya Evil Path.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2516 on: December 15, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »

So I finally just sat down and finished Persona 2 IS...In short it was good, but not great. The story was fantastic, but the ending left something to be desired.
The gameplay was standard RPG fare, and I must say, I hate how the early Persona games deal with demons. Tarot Cards are just annoying to get, so I mainly just stuck with the main Persona's you get at certain points in the game.

I really want to play EP to see the rest of the story, but at the same time I don't want to play anymore P2 for a long time. I hear its just as easy as IS but, its incredibly hard to track down for less than 100 bucks. Back to P4G for now though. I think once I'm finished with that or get bored with it I might go play DDS or Nocturne.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2517 on: December 15, 2012, 11:46:48 PM »

No way. EP is easily twice as hard as IS.

And Tarot are easy to get once you either memorize conversation paths or use a personality guide. Between them and free cards, you'll be swimming in tarot.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2518 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »

Actually more difficult? Now it sounds entertaining. After the holidays I'll have to pick that one up. I realllly want the PSP version of it, but I'm sure if they did translate it, it would end up being as easy as PSP IS.

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2519 on: December 19, 2012, 06:14:14 AM »

Soul Hackers available for pre-order.  Man, we're getting a lot of great games this coming spring.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: