Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 05:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 249 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 322923 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2520 on: December 19, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »

That is tempting but I think I'll wait for opinions here once the game is released. Persona 1 and P2 IS while fun in some aspects were brutal in others. If anything I'll wait to hear if there is some kind of easy mode where there is a bit less grinding.
At least from what I hear the story in Soul Hackers is really good but sometimes in Megaten games I get the feeling the grinding gets in the way.

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2521 on: December 19, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »

Megaten games? Grinding? WHAT??!?!
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2522 on: December 19, 2012, 02:54:07 PM »

Always wanted to play Soul Hackers. This is great news.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2523 on: December 19, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Wait, I don't have a 3ds...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2524 on: December 19, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Etrian Odyssey IV is coming out for 3DS as well, and of course the Devil Survivor remake was on 3DS - Atlus seems to like that system.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2525 on: December 19, 2012, 06:56:11 PM »

I always have to grind in Megaten games, but it's not bad compared to other games. I usually know what strategy to use to defeat a boss, but it's no help when your characters are as weak as shit and can't take any hits or do very little damage despite exploiting weaknesses and using buffs/debuffs.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2526 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Etrian Odyssey IV is coming out for 3DS as well, and of course the Devil Survivor remake was on 3DS - Atlus seems to like that system.

I've never played Etrian Odyssey, but they look interesting enough. Not to mention SMT IV is coming to the 3DS. And the 3DS has backwards compatibility with older DS games. I still have Devil Survivor 2 that I can't play because of the lack of DS. I don't think buying my Vita was a mistake, but the sheer lack of Megami Tensei or any other RPGs is hurting. I mean sure we get P4G, but thats just a port of a game that we already had.

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2527 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:37 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've never played Etrian Odyssey, but they look interesting enough. Not to mention SMT IV is coming to the 3DS. And the 3DS has backwards compatibility with older DS games. I still have Devil Survivor 2 that I can't play because of the lack of DS. I don't think buying my Vita was a mistake, but the sheer lack of Megami Tensei or any other RPGs is hurting. I mean sure we get P4G, but thats just a port of a game that we already had.

Seems like an investment in a 3DS might be a good idea....that said, I missed P4 the first time around so I'll be picking up a Vita eventually.  That aside the PSP is an RPG beast, so hopefully the Vita will pick up steam over time.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2528 on: December 19, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »

Let it be known: I am going to play the everloving crap out of Soul Hackers.

YEEEEEEEESSSS

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2529 on: December 19, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »

I have never bought a system for just one game.  I always think along the lines of "if a system is $300, there had better be $300 worth of games I want on it."  I will make an exception here.  I will gladly buy a 3DS JUST for Soul Hackers. 

I approve of this nonsense!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2530 on: December 19, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »

I saw the news that Soul Hackers was getting a US release and my soul came lightning bugs.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2531 on: December 19, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, the Vita was a good purchase.  Kicking myself for not buying it during the Black Friday $170 deal plus all those PS+ games they were offering.  More games that I'm interested in seem to be in the pipeline for the 3DS so that's probably what I will pick up first, but both systems will undoubtedly be good.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2532 on: December 20, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »

I have never bought a system for just one game.  I always think along the lines of "if a system is $300, there had better be $300 worth of games I want on it."  I will make an exception here.  I will gladly buy a 3DS JUST for Soul Hackers. 

It's only $160 dollars though (unless you live in Australia or something). Besides now you can justify getting both Devil Survivor revisions.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2533 on: December 20, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »

http://www.ebgames.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-midnight-purple/101683

Everything's Eventual
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2534 on: December 20, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »

Oh there are enough games to justify the 3DS purchase. I mean SMT IV and Soul Hackers. Than I can finally play my Devil Survivor 2 and maybe Devil Survivor Overclocked. Lots of good RPGS on the ds I'd finally be able to play now too. I just don't have the money. I have enough rpgs to play for now though. I will wait till I find a cheap 3DS at a pawn shop or something.

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 249 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: