Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 09:37:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319209 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 249 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 322308 times)
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2580 on: January 23, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »

Why has no one recommended Digital Devil Saga yet?
i was thinking the same thing i played dds after p3fes and nocturne and really i think it's the middle ground between the two.

i'm surprised that no one has been talking on this thread about the smt fire emblem cross over yet. i bet klyde get's a wii u for it...
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2581 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »

i was thinking the same thing i played dds after p3fes and nocturne and really i think it's the middle ground between the two.

i'm surprised that no one has been talking on this thread about the smt fire emblem cross over yet. i bet klyde get's a wii u for it...

I suspect it's because all we have for info on it right now is that it exists, its going to be either taking something old from both series or making something new, and that its going to be for the WiiU.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:39 PM »

Cause that has its own thread. :P

Hmmm. DDS is definitely harder than P3 and 4 and easier than Nocturne. Nocturne's my favourite of all the SMT games (even if you include Persoa), but DDS is a close second.

I haven't gotten around to playing if... though. I have the PSone version.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2583 on: January 24, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »

From what I've played, If is a fairly easy game(compared to SMT1/2 anyway), but it has some brutal dungeons.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Deufo
The Duke

Three times faster

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2584 on: January 24, 2013, 02:03:51 PM »

I'm halfway through the first disc of Digital Devil Saga 1 and, despite the very interesting story and characters, i'm having a hard time not getting frustrated with the insanely high encounter rate. I don't have anything against random encounters, but with the way they're used on DDS, i'm having a hard time playing the game over a great length of time. My question is, does DDS 2 keeps the encounter rate the same as the first game?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2585 on: January 24, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »

Yes, the encounter rate in the sequel is pretty high too.
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2586 on: January 25, 2013, 11:24:59 PM »

I like a LOT DDS is now my fav SMT game now, the soundtrack is the best i have hear in years of RPG gamming, i recommend it.

You didnt like Nocturne for its constant dungeon crawling and bits of story? Play DDS.

You didnt liked P3&P4 lots of talking and little dungeon exploration? Play DDS.

As for difficulty i found the game over screen more often in DDS than Nocturne just because you cant cover your characters weakness until like 70% latter in the game while in Nocturne you can by like 5% and not to mention like 90% of the mocks knows Rage or Psicho Rage.

Playing DDS 2 now but i dont think will top DDs 1 for me.

The True Growlanser
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2587 on: January 26, 2013, 12:59:26 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/devil-summoner-soul-hackers-pre-order-box-set-detailed

Preorder bonus for those who care.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 26, 2013, 02:14:08 AM »

God damn it's been nearly 24 hours since that email was sent out, at least TRY to look at the front page before linking.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2589 on: January 26, 2013, 03:50:53 AM »

Eusis linking to your own front page is still linking.

Great though I'm sort of considering picking up Soul Hackers before I get a 3DS for the preorder bonus now.

wrt DDS, I loved those games but I felt that the eating mechanic was a bit dull -- it's a simple risk/reward thing reminiscent of blackjack. How much do you want to try to eat before you go over the limit and get a stomachache?

Also I preferred DDS2's less-linear skill grid. Human forms were sort of useless in both games -- it was essentially a status affliction and I'm not really sure why you'd ever want to willingly transform. I think it cleared status effects? If that's true I seem to recall it making you too vulnerable otherwise for that to be worth it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2590 on: January 26, 2013, 03:53:26 AM »

Also this:

Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2591 on: January 26, 2013, 03:59:25 AM »

Eusis linking to your own front page is still linking.

Great though I'm sort of considering picking up Soul Hackers before I get a 3DS for the preorder bonus now.

wrt DDS, I loved those games but I felt that the eating mechanic was a bit dull -- it's a simple risk/reward thing reminiscent of blackjack. How much do you want to try to eat before you go over the limit and get a stomachache?

Also I preferred DDS2's less-linear skill grid. Human forms were sort of useless in both games -- it was essentially a status affliction and I'm not really sure why you'd ever want to willingly transform. I think it cleared status effects? If that's true I seem to recall it making you too vulnerable otherwise for that to be worth it.

You dont have weaknesses in human form, but more likely human form was the only way to kill Omoikanes and get the bonusses and of course some enemies were weak to gun damage (Charm bullets were pretty OP tough)

The True Growlanser
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2592 on: January 26, 2013, 05:59:18 AM »

One thing I'm liking more and more about SMT games in general is the knowledge you acquire in one game can be passed over to the next. So far, I can say I've played a good number of SMT games and in some I've been beaten to a pulp (Nocturne) but still there's always something you learn.

Now I'm 2 fights away from beating Devil Survivor 2 and I'm impressed with myself how better I'm fairing at this game than it's predecessor. It's not just the character build but how to abuse enemy's weaknesses and defenses, how to fuse better demons with skills you need, etc. When I beat P4 Golden late last year I felt the same thing, how better I was in my second run, I remember Mitsuo being so difficult the first time but in the 2nd, not a problem at all.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2593 on: January 26, 2013, 11:27:12 AM »

When I beat P4 Golden late last year I felt the same thing, how better I was in my second run, I remember Mitsuo being so difficult the first time but in the 2nd, not a problem at all.

Really? I feel like Mitsuo was the only difficulty they hadn't lowered, and me being myself, I thought since that was the way the game was going, went at him waaaaay underleveled. Second time, Black Frost really showed that asshole.

Anyway for Soul Hackers, does that arranged soundtrack come with the intro music, love that song.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2594 on: January 26, 2013, 02:26:26 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/dssh-arrange/index.html

Track 1, Opening Movie. We sampled it, too :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 249 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: