Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332802 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 360971 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2655 on: February 25, 2013, 12:38:46 AM »

SMTIV, starring the Fourth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, and some Japanese guy that don't know WHAT the fuck.

Actually, with that hairstyle, the middle one would be Ace.

Also, just spotted this.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/24/the-drop-week-of-february-25th-2013-new-releases/

So we're definitely not getting the new version. >:(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:42:37 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2656 on: February 25, 2013, 02:40:01 AM »

SMTIV, starring the Fourth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, and some Japanese guy that don't know WHAT the fuck.

Actually, with that hairstyle, the middle one would be Ace.

I thought the team's Pink Ranger was Ace.

Also congrats Eusis on your 11111st post! :toot:

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2657 on: February 25, 2013, 02:49:07 AM »

Also, just spotted this.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/24/the-drop-week-of-february-25th-2013-new-releases/

So we're definitely not getting the new version. >:(

My mind cannot fathom how Dora's Big Birthday Adventure is "a classic".
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2658 on: February 25, 2013, 04:53:43 PM »

Just beat (P4 second possible victim boss spoiler)

Code:
Kanji's shadow. Loving the very hard mode. Awesome boss fight, had to use everything I had. Last minute, thought he was going to kill me, but I had a phys-reflect shield on my hero. Boss decides to use assault rush on him. Boink, doink, victory for me. <3

This game is ALL OF THE FUNS.

They added a lot of things to buff your characters from what I read, so I'm glad to hear they added more difficulty settings for those who want that SMT feeling.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2659 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »

So there's a blog post on PSN about the release and all it says is "unusual circumstances" prevented them from releasing the PSP version.

Atlus apparently thinks we're idiots.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2660 on: February 25, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »

I still disagree with the anti-Atlus sentiment about that release. The fact that they'd go out of the way to release the PSOne classic at all suggests that to me.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: February 25, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »

1. Linking for context would be a good idea.

2. Hey, Lard, unless you have inside information maybe you should shut the fuck up.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2662 on: February 25, 2013, 07:41:27 PM »

1. Linking for context would be a good idea.

2. Hey, Lard, unless you have inside information maybe you should shut the fuck up.

1 - Should have, you're right.

2 - I will when we get an actual reason.

Sorry Taelus, I'm not going to be a corporate cheerleader just because we get a half assed port and are condescended to by Atlus.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:00:02 PM by Lard » Logged

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2663 on: February 25, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »

...I just want the game for completionist's sake, without spending too much. At least as a PSN classic it'll only cost me $10 at most for what is easily one of the worst games in the franchise in my eyes. While the PSP version would be slightly better, it'd cost at least 3 times more, which I'd be less inclined to pay. This way I can get the game tomorrow and finally be done with it.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2664 on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:11 PM »

Lard, I respect that position, but I don't call it corporate cheerleading to not assume there's a conspiracy behind every decision. I'm about as anti-corporation as they come, but I'm also pretty fatigued by all the cynicism in this industry.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2665 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »

This sounds like an Atlus Japan decision. There is no reason for Atlus USA not to release Eternal Punishment PSP, especially as Innocent Sin presumably didn't sell that badly. They did release Growlanser which wasn't guaranteed to sell at all after all. However, if there's something going on with Index, Atlus USA has their hands tied, because when it comes to in house Atlus titles, Atlus USA most likely is stuck with the decisions of Atlus Japan.

Especially if it's Atlas Japan assuming the PSP is completely dead here.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2666 on: February 25, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »

Lard, I respect that position, but I don't call it corporate cheerleading to not assume there's a conspiracy behind every decision. I'm about as anti-corporation as they come, but I'm also pretty fatigued by all the cynicism in this industry.

I see what you're saying but look.

If they had simply come out months ago and said "We're not releasing it because X", I would've been disappointed but moved on.

Atlus sat on their hands for months saying nothing, then dropped a PS1 release out of the blue. That's the way we got confirmation we weren't getting the PSP release. Then they make a blog post citing vague circumstances but are never clear why.

It's not so much the fact that we didn't get it, as the way it was handled. I don't like being condescended to.

Between this and the region locking of P4A, Atlus has really done a lot to show they don't think very much of their customer base.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2667 on: February 25, 2013, 08:20:21 PM »

Well, P4A honestly had a good reason: Atlus Japan didn't want the U.S. version cutting into their sales. I don't like it, especially since I have a Japanese PS3 and paid through the nose for P4A, but I can understand it.

I'm sure there's some bizarre circumstances in regards to P2 that they can't talk about due to corporate politics and BS though, Atlus doesn't normally get all vague about things.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2668 on: February 25, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »

Lard, you can bitch about not getting the game but how on earth is Atlus being condescending here?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »

2 - I will when we get an actual reason.

Sorry Taelus, I'm not going to be a corporate cheerleader just because we get a half assed port and are condescended to by Atlus.

Claiming condensation seems like you're being paranoid given his post simply stated there were unusual circumstances, ones he previously indicated he couldn't get into. It just seems that for whatever reason there's a hangup, and either Index doesn't want them going public about any internal problems there or it's with a third party like Sony that's making things difficulty. Plus if it's even just something like the team immediately moving on to other projects once the game went Gold in Japan, well, that's kind of the opposite of "lazy" to me. Frustration over this is very understandable, but this hostility is simply childish.

At any rate their hands are clearly tied for whatever reason and it's not very fair to "shoot the messenger" so to speak, raging and yelling at all of Atlus over an issue that by all indications is far more complex than you'd like to think, or any of us would like it to be at all. At best, you have very real blame to throw at one unspecified party, likely not Atlus USA since they at least got this out and tried to say SOMETHING rather than leave those who didn't grab EP years ago (or are willing to pay top dollar now) high and dry.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: