Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 07:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334680 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 365247 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2730 on: March 11, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »

And attention span is always to blame...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2731 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cu4YBHn1ZOI#t=8s

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2732 on: March 11, 2013, 11:13:34 PM »

I swear I've seen at least 20 people who own IS and never finished it.

I am not one of those people. However, I never finished EP. I should get on that.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2733 on: March 12, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »

howlongtobeat.com lists the backlog/incomplete rate for P2 IS at 86 %.... staggering..... now I'm freakin' determined!!

I DECLARE TO YOU ALL NOW! I WILL FINISH THIS GAME BEFORE MOVING ON TO ANY OTHER RPG!!!! That includes any of my backlogs or my beloved hyperdimension V!!

..... but damn.... the bomb shelter I just suffered through totally ranks as one of the most frustrating dungeons in recent history for me... i spent hours looking for the exit yesterday-LoL...... once again proving my title here appropriate

EDIT: Howlongtobeat.com is ridiculous BTW..... almost all of there moderate or median runs (or whatever they call em...) of RPG's look like speed runs to me.... I think I play slow.... I always tend to be very thorough in my RPG's....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:13:32 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2734 on: March 12, 2013, 05:28:34 PM »

How Long to Beat is good for reference before buying a game, but you can't take it as word of god. I managed to beat P3 in something like 60-70 hours. There was a fair amount of rushing however. Far Cry 3 for instance is listed as 10 hours, it probably took me something about 20. If you have video game ADHD than you should probably add a few hours to each one.

Now P2 EP is being released on Vita today. My fusion chart is ready. OH WAIT, YOU DON'T FUSE IN P2. As good as the story is of P2, I sincerely hate the persona making system, grinding for cards is not what I had in mind while playing an SMT game.

EDIT: Rewording that, I fully expect grinding in SMT games, just not grinding for something as tedious as cards to make a damn demon.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2735 on: March 12, 2013, 05:50:29 PM »

..... but damn.... the bomb shelter I just suffered through totally ranks as one of the most frustrating dungeons in recent history for me... i spent hours looking for the exit yesterday-LoL...... once again proving my title here appropriate

Is that the one in the basement of a school?  Because if so, I remember that and it's indeed very very terrible.  I hated that dungeon.  Too hard to see shit.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2736 on: March 12, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »

If you don't like grinding for tarot card (I know I don't), do yourself a favor and use a FAQ to she which demons you should be fusing at specific points in the game to move things along faster. That's what I did with Innocent Sin and it made my play through much smoother and enjoyable.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2737 on: March 13, 2013, 08:11:37 AM »

Now that we got this discussion about Persona 2 I got curious to see how much of the game there was left for me to beat. Well, apparently I stopped playing in the middle of the last dungeon!!!
So, I'll pick it back up today and finish it for good. Hell, it may even make me wanna play Eternal Punishment.

Edit: I went to check PSN before asking here but it seems Eternal Punishment is only for PS3 and Vita, is that so?
Just to clarify, anyone knows if this is the enhanced PSP version Japan got recently or just a port of the old PsOne game? Because in the store it doesn't say it is a PSOne Classic...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:17:08 AM by Farron » Logged

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2738 on: March 13, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »

It's just the PS1 version.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2739 on: March 13, 2013, 01:12:06 PM »

Is that the one in the basement of a school?  Because if so, I remember that and it's indeed very very terrible.  I hated that dungeon.  Too hard to see shit.

Yep, that would be the one alright....

If you don't like grinding for tarot card (I know I don't), do yourself a favor and use a FAQ to she which demons you should be fusing at specific points in the game to move things along faster. That's what I did with Innocent Sin and it made my play through much smoother and enjoyable.

am I to deduce from that statement that I actually need to fuse specific persona at points to advance in the story? the thought of that is.... frightening.....

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2740 on: March 13, 2013, 01:57:15 PM »

No, I meant that you should use a FAQ that tells which Persona is best to use in battle at that point in the story, rather than trying to choose a good one through trial and error, because some Persona have better synergy together which will help you learn Fusion spells to end battles quicker and more efficiently.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2741 on: March 13, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

No, I meant that you should use a FAQ that tells which Persona is best to use in battle at that point in the story, rather than trying to choose a good one through trial and error, because some Persona have better synergy together which will help you learn Fusion spells to end battles quicker and more efficiently.

thank god..... you had me quite scared there... i don't believe in faqs, but if I needed specific persona to finish this then I would have to place my beliefs aside in this case.... I actually immediately went to find a spoiler free guide to persona fusing when I read that and stumbled on an image from persona 2 EP (a character portrait) I really didn't care to see.... thats why I don't like looking for/at guides... its not the info I'm looking for that spoils anything.... its always what you happen to come across in the process that proves problematic...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2742 on: March 13, 2013, 06:24:46 PM »

So, after deciding to come back to Innocent Sin and finishing it, I soon discovered that not only I was in the last dungeon, but also on the last floor and wall that was left was to kill the last boss! Talk about a bad time to interrupt a game...

Anyway, good but as I mentioned some things for haven't aged well but I still recommend this, instead of P1.

Also, Klyde Chroma, if you play in the easy difficulty, which I recommend just for the sake of not hitting a difficulty wall, you don't have to worry much about your personas, I know I didn't.
I can't say for sure how much easier it gets, but the enemies don't do much damage on easy, also I rarely got status effects as opposed to P1 where every random encounter I would get charmed or something.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2743 on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »

I started it on easy, fearing hardcore difficulty of SMT past, but actually bumped it up to normal because of the easy time I was having. It was still really easy though. You do get new persona's from the story at certain parts of the game if you make the right choices, and if you stick with them you will have no problem. Hell the final boss didn't even give me trouble.

Got P2 EP last night, thankful that Spring Break starts tomorrow. Are fusion spells more necessary in this game as opposed to the first?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2744 on: March 14, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »

I've been playing IS on hard as per community suggestion a page or two back.... I like the difficulty thus far...

I love hard games... sometimes I love brutally hard games.... but I like a certain type of difficult you might say.... when the brutality/difficulty is a result of chance/odds or trial and error I hate it.... when difficulty is a matter of requiring thought, preperation and (in RPG's cases) using another battle command other than attack I'm fine with it...

So far in IS, as I said, I like it on hard... but I appreciate the tip as I really can't see me enjoying the necessity to grind for tarot cards much.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: