Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319179 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 249 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 322114 times)
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2760 on: March 19, 2013, 02:19:38 PM »

Got Devil Summoner in the mail, it seems I leave myself open for hits a lot when ever I am striking something.

I just purchased a copy this past saturday.... third time I'm buying this game... I will finish it this time!

I don't know why I sort of dodged all the SMT stuff for so long... I can't shake the obsession I have for it now.....

Currently playing P2 IS, I must concur.... I am totally enjoying the weirdness of this title.... the mood is absolutely what is making it such an enjoyable experience.... They can leave demon negotiating in the past though.... unless done in a whole new way, it is my least favorite mechanic of the franchise... I would however appreciate that jazzy jpop sound be retained from p3 and p4 (i loved the soundtracks for those 2)

So much SMT for me to get through.... maybe I should just abandon all my gaming agendas and just play SMT games until xilia comes out-LoL

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2761 on: March 19, 2013, 02:35:17 PM »

I agree with about the demon negotiating. For me the problem is that it takes way too much time, it feels too much random and gives so little reward.

In Nocturne there is only one character able to talk to demon but in IS there are five.
Even so, I would not like it to go away but like you said, different. If anything I wish it would be faster or at least not as frequent.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2762 on: March 19, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »

Atlus is working hard on the next Persona -- NeoGAF

Please be excited.

Not surprised given how they currently have an entire studio working on nothing but Persona.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2763 on: March 19, 2013, 05:38:04 PM »

My P5 checklist includes: Meguro on music. A darker storyline. And leave P4 characters out. I've had enough of friendship forever rainbows in my Persona.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2764 on: March 19, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »

My P5 checklist includes... well, the opposite of what most of you want. Haha. I love the P4 cast and the entire atmosphere.

Dark is pretty often overdone (poorly) these days, but I wouldn't complain about a darker storyline, either, as long as the characters are still likeable. These guys have done dark before, and done it very successfully.

Meguro and Kitajoh on music again, of course. While I would have been happy with more music in the style of P3/4, I'm thrilled that Meguro is going to change it up again for P5. Always love these teams for changing things up so much.

And I actually really like how they tie these games together, so I can't say I'd mind seeing appearances from P3/4 characters.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2765 on: March 19, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »

My P5 checklist includes... well, the opposite of what most of you want. Haha. I love the P4 cast and the entire atmosphere.

Dark is pretty often overdone (poorly) these days, but I wouldn't complain about a darker storyline, either, as long as the characters are still likeable. These guys have done dark before, and done it very successfully.

Could not agree more.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2766 on: March 19, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »

I like the juxtaposition of tone in P4. Happy music, bright color scheme, serial killer.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:08:56 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2767 on: March 19, 2013, 09:32:39 PM »

New Soul Hackers trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M_pvbmw5oJI

First look(?) at Victor and Finnegan's voices! And maybe Lunch and/or Six, I have no idea who the first two are.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2768 on: March 20, 2013, 03:29:35 AM »

YOU ALL LIED TO ME

Code:
NAOTO IS NOT A DUDE NAOTO IS A LADY

hot

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2769 on: March 20, 2013, 07:38:33 AM »

YOU ALL LIED TO ME

Code:

hot

Please don't tell me that you're just finding that out now. I can't seem to go anywhere on the internet without bumping into that. I suppose next you'll be shouting about how Snape killed Dumbledor.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2770 on: March 20, 2013, 08:22:39 AM »

Please don't tell me that you're just finding that out now. I can't seem to go anywhere on the internet without bumping into that. I suppose next you'll be shouting about how Snape killed Dumbledor.

Spoilers, dude!

Actually I'm impressed that Taelus was able to stay pure after all this time.  He got the authentic experience.

Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2771 on: March 20, 2013, 09:49:20 AM »

YOU ALL LIED TO ME

Code:

hot

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2772 on: March 20, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »

Taelus intentionally avoided reading anything and everything about Persona 4 after having the ending of 3 spoiled, so yeah, I managed to avoid it until now :)

Code:
It was especially awesome when she was arguing with the shadow and when she got super pissed she stopped covering her voice. Very cool.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 20, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »

I was kind of disappointed to have that spoiled on me.
Code:
Then I heard the voice actress.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2774 on: March 20, 2013, 02:14:44 PM »

I was kind of disappointed to have that spoiled on me.
Code:
Then I heard the voice actress.

Code:
She didn't seem any more effeminate than many young male characters with lady voice actors to me. In hindsight, sure, it's clearer, but I think that's kind of the point.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 249 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: