Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:06:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 340298 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2805 on: March 24, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »

I'd be careful about those comics, Taelus.  They can be a little spoiler-y or at least too-much-foreshadowing-y when it comes to certain parts of the plot.  They're funny, but I'd recommend you finish the game first. 

Also, the comics stop right after the 3rd big dungeon in the game.  It's too bad. 

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: March 25, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »

so I got a quick question for you P2 IS buffs...

I realize rumors are missable, but so long as a spread a rumor is the event itself missable? i am only particularly referring to things like the cursed taxi. I spread the rumor, looked everywhere for the damn thing and gave up after 200,000 bucks worth of random encounters.... Now after moving past that segment of the game (considerably past it, mind you) I am wondering if its even possible to find the freakin' taxi anymore.

any advice would be appreciated as meandering through dungeons in this game is quite demanding on my patience.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2807 on: March 25, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »

I believe if the dungeon is re-enterable you'll be able to find it again. Some dungeons aren't though.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2808 on: March 25, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

I realize rumors are missable, but so long as a spread a rumor is the event itself missable? i am only particularly referring to things like the cursed taxi. I spread the rumor, looked everywhere for the damn thing and gave up after 200,000 bucks worth of random encounters.... Now after moving past that segment of the game (considerably past it, mind you) I am wondering if its even possible to find the freakin' taxi anymore.

any advice would be appreciated as meandering through dungeons in this game is quite demanding on my patience.....

No, I don't think that one is missable. If you spoke to Chikalin and told her you weren't scared of it, it should appear in the Abandoned Factory after you spread the rumour.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2809 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:38 PM »

No, I don't think that one is missable. If you spoke to Chikalin and told her you weren't scared of it, it should appear in the Abandoned Factory after you spread the rumour.

yes sir! I said "I ain't scared of no taxi!!" and made my way to agency, spread the rumor, took a skip over to the factory and searched top to bottom..... and nothing..... I didn't mind moving on, but now its sort of bothering me -LoL

you have answered my question though! I just didn't want to waste any more time on a fruitless venture.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: March 26, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »

Well sorry to double post folks but I needed to express something here...

I put  a good 5-6 hours in on innocent sin today and feel truly in awe of plot in this game. (I just got past mt. iwa.... er... something or other... anyhow, just past the big reveal about main casts past without getting into any spoilers for those who have yet to play)

The story in this game reminds of something I had forgotten. And that "something" is the whole reason I played JRPGs in the first place! It had nothing to do with good gameplay and very little to do with things looking pretty (albeit both were lovely bonus). No... I played (and fell in love with JRPG's) for stories and casts like this!

It has been so long since I've played something with a tale of this caliber, stringing me through insanely long and tedious segments of gameplay, with genuine plot-point payoffs I'd forgotten just how satisfying that is. Now I'm not saying the gameplay is horrendous (although it is pretty freakin' dated) but what I'm getting at is with a story and cast like this it is a complete afterthought and almost lends to the reward factor of reaching further in the plot.

I can't say enough good about this game at this point. In fact, I would go so far as to say this is the best thing I missed in my youth.

Although I was a casual SMT fan before, this game has officially propelled me into SMT obsession.

I thank everyone here who, either, passively expressed their appreciation for this game or passionately announced on the boards how much they loved it. You have all contributed to edging me toward experiencing a game the way I remember gaming from when I was a kid... that is, an all consuming love affair with fiction and media that makes  returning to real life all the more interesting and rosier (because you know at the end of the day you get to come home and play again!!)...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: March 26, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »

I'm totally thrilled you have that reaction to the game, Klyde.

Innocent Sin was my first SMT and I can understand the feeling of falling in love with a genre over again. The reveal of the casts past is probably one of my favourite reveals in an RPG.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: March 26, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »

Innocent Sin was my third SMT game, and it took me a loooong time to beat it. Most RPGS do, because I have video game ADHD. The gameplay is very dated, but it does feel worth it when you get through a dungeon to find a nice story segment. That scene you were talking about has to be one of my favorite scenes in video gaming. It doesn't reveal it all at once, it gives you enough information to start piecing things together, and when you get to the final reveal of the dungeon...its just wow.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2813 on: March 27, 2013, 01:29:38 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=12374.0

So apparently there isn't enough Persona 3 in the world, so now there's a couple of movies in the works.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: March 27, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »

Milk that teat dry.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2815 on: March 27, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=12374.0

So apparently there isn't enough Persona 3 in the world, so now there's a couple of movies in the works.

They owe the world something from the p3-verse to make up for the abomination that is trinity soul!

I am currently watching trinity soul and let me tell you what.... I've indulged (and even enjoyed bad anime) with plots that were not exactly well told/executed but trinity takes the cake! I'm not through it entirely yet so I guess it is unfair to sound off immediately on the series but that doesn't change the fact that for 3/4 of it I have been questioning whether or not I am having complete memory lapses or if the story is just just THAT disjointed and poorly explained.... Thankfully I confirmed after re-watching, with determination to understand what the hell was going in, that it was not in fact my short term memory that was completely broken... it is this freakin' show.

I didn't think I could be let down with anything persona-related at this point given how enthralled I am with P2 IS and how much I enjoyed P4 the Animation a few weeks ago..... hell, I am so caught up with SMT I am going to play P4:Arena the moment I finish innocent sin and I can't stand fighting games..... but Trinity Souls is just bad however you slice it.

Sorry BTW.... I know most of that rant belonged over in the anime section but this news prompted me to express my disdain preemptively here.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2816 on: March 27, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »

Milk that teat dry.

Don't care! Persona 3 needs more love than Persona 4.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2817 on: March 27, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »

Altus can milk any teat as much as they want and I will continue to sup from it graciously.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2818 on: March 27, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »

They are going to milk the shit out of Persona 5. Haha.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2819 on: March 27, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »

At least this is better than the milking Squeenix's been giving to their properties.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: