Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:57:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 367583 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2835 on: March 30, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »

Well, I never was into collecting memory cards.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2836 on: March 31, 2013, 01:31:30 PM »

Shows how much I know. I put over a hundred hours into DS and then another ~60 into DS:O and never even knew there were prevalent bugs. Evidently I am lucky to an absurd degree. Bullet dodged, I guess

That is how I felt about Ar Tonelico 2. I played through the entire thing, on PS3 no less without so much as a single freeze or anything. I was quite surprised when I learned how some actually consider the game bugged to the point of not being able to be finished.

I hope my 3DSXL black-out was a fluke.... I do leave my 3ds on 24/7 (just closed when not in use) so I'm certain that couldn't be helping the situation.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2837 on: April 01, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »

Just a friendly reminder that Soul Hackers will be out in 15 days.  I'm pumped

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2838 on: April 01, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »

Ultra-hyped! Also, nice Yun avatar.

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2839 on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »

Haven't been this hyped since Growlanser IV, and that pales compared to this, at least this didn't get anything removed.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2840 on: April 01, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »

1) Soul Hackers
2) Dinner

sorry, I was making a list of things I will have as soon as it is humanly possible for me to have them.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2841 on: April 02, 2013, 04:43:57 AM »

SMT IV - Summer 2013.

http://www.atlus.com/smt4/index.html

I'll actually be able to play it when I get home for a visit. \(^^)/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2842 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »

Dammit Lard you beat me to it :D. This is a friendly slap to the face though Atlus, three SMT games coming to 3DS. I guess you go where the market is and apparently that market is the opposite of mine. I WILL have a 3ds by this summer. Or so YHVH help me.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2843 on: April 02, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »

I thought we would only see a localization next year, what a surprise! 2013 is rocking so far.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2844 on: April 02, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »

Man I got POSITIVE FEELS about SMTIV from the screens, but on the other hand, Strange Journey did do a lot of things that pissed me off. A lot of the same stuff that kind of hurt my interest in Persona 3 over time.

I probably really should've played P4 since it sounded more like an incremental fix and probably would've addressed most of my issues with P3, really. Oh well, maybe if I see a copy around town sometime.

More interested in Soul Hackers. While I'm guessing the dungeons'll probably suck (earlier SMT game. Par for course. Oh welp*) the remaining gameplay mechanics sound really cool to me.

* I don't actually MIND this necessary, unless it hits Phantasy Star 2 levels of bullshit (which isn't likely. Even Persona 1 only really got to that level with Deva Yuga, and that was... acceptable, since it was the climax dungon). My issue with the dungeons in Strange Journey and Persona 2 weren't the designs per se -- that aspect was actually fine in SJ I felt -- but rather that the remaining gameplay mechanics didn't work with the dungeons. Persona 2's automap wasn't precise enough and the camera bugged me for some reason; SJ only showed you invisible doors if you were FACING them, or NPCs/dungeon features if you were in the same tile.

I get that a lot of older dungeon crawlers do that, but it was more necessary back then, but not as necessary in Strange Journey/Etrian. Also for some reason I never had problems with it in, say, Xeen, or Wizardry 6/7.

SMTIV definitely avoids this from what I've seen which is why my feels good.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2845 on: April 02, 2013, 12:42:46 PM »

Wow, this SMT IV has a $50 price tag; possibly the first costly 3DS game out there.

That REALLY means the game is so good.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2846 on: April 02, 2013, 04:59:26 PM »

No it doesn't and that's setting a bad precedent. I mean, it probably will be good since they're confident enough to call it a numbered SMT, but that pricetags got nothing to do with it.

I really wish it was a game that I didn't care about pulling this shit so I could pray for it's failure and the fall of the company responsible for it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2847 on: April 02, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »

It's better than charging normal price for half a game and then making you pay for DLC for the rest.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2848 on: April 02, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »

I get the feeling Chris understands the concept that high price=/= high quality but was being subtly sarcastic about it, especially given that it is SMT. 

Still, the gaming seasons this year have been great for 3DS owners.  Winter with Fire Emblem, spring with Soul Hackers, summer with SMT 4, and fall with Pokemon. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2849 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:25 PM »

No it doesn't and that's setting a bad precedent. I mean, it probably will be good since they're confident enough to call it a numbered SMT, but that pricetags got nothing to do with it.

I really wish it was a game that I didn't care about pulling this shit so I could pray for it's failure and the fall of the company responsible for it.

Does the price tag bother you that much that you would wish for the failure of the game AND the company? $50 is pricey for a handheld game, but I'm excited for this so I don't care much paying the extra $10, plus we're getting it almost around the same date as Japanese release and that's awesome. This game will likely be better than most $60 console games.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: