Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 260 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 374483 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2925 on: April 13, 2013, 01:16:10 AM »

Seconding Mara.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2926 on: April 13, 2013, 02:38:56 AM »

great suggestions guys!
And lastly.... I'm not even kidding about the tattoo... anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

the pressturn icon.  Something iconic definitely.  cj_iwakura would probably have good ideas.

That is precisely the direction I am thinking. I just haven't arrived at "the one" yet...

And lastly.... I'm not even kidding about the tattoo... anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Well, I'll steal this from another thread...

And suggest you do something similar, but with Mara.

I don't have the arm space left for that-LoL

And Mara....? Seriously?? Isn't/wasn't mara the blob-like thing in Nocturne?.... That would be a tattoo I would love to do and throw in my portfolio but I don't think I would want to wear that one...LoL

I'm not fond of tattoos, so I'm the wrong person to ask. Obviousness of the permanency aside, it also puts ink into your bloodstream. That doesn't sit well with me.

Unless someone is tattooing waaaaaay wrong no ink gets in your blood. You would have to go sub-dermal for that to happen. The pigment is left in the third to fifth layers of the skin. Now the liquid which remains does leave your body via plasma and blood but is comprised of safer substances in regard to your body than crap most people eat on a daily basis. Mind you that is taking for granted you are getting tattooed by a responsible artist. There are PLENTY of risks involved if proper practices are not adhered to, equipment or ink is of poor quality, or plain and simple (the scariest scenario of all) the artist is just an idiot and working somewhere without regulation.

As for the permanence, well I actually hear you on that note... Although I'm a tattoo artist, for years I didn't have many tattoos at all. Now after doing it for nearly a decade I just see things differently. There is nothing I can't cover-up and removal is such an accessible option they don't even really seem permanent to me any longer.

Tattoos have just become a matter of fun for me. I don't take them seriously unless they are on my clients-LoL

Soooooo, with that said, lets forget I'm asking about tattoos here and let me just ask you what you feel is some of the most iconic imagery from the SMT franchise.....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:41:41 AM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: April 13, 2013, 02:42:02 AM »

And Mara....? Seriously?? Isn't/wasn't mara the blob-like thing in Nocturne?....

That's only the tip of it!
Code:
Literally.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2928 on: April 13, 2013, 02:54:36 AM »

You want the Mara that shows up in other games (such as Persona 3/4)

Go Google Mara + Persona and you'll get it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: April 13, 2013, 04:00:01 AM »

Mara + Megami Tensei will do too.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2930 on: April 13, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »

great suggestions guys!

the pressturn icon.  Something iconic definitely.  cj_iwakura would probably have good ideas.

That is precisely the direction I am thinking. I just haven't arrived at "the one" yet...

Well, I'll steal this from another thread...

And suggest you do something similar, but with Mara.

I don't have the arm space left for that-LoL

And Mara....? Seriously?? Isn't/wasn't mara the blob-like thing in Nocturne?.... That would be a tattoo I would love to do and throw in my portfolio but I don't think I would want to wear that one...LoL

I'm not fond of tattoos, so I'm the wrong person to ask. Obviousness of the permanency aside, it also puts ink into your bloodstream. That doesn't sit well with me.

Unless someone is tattooing waaaaaay wrong no ink gets in your blood. You would have to go sub-dermal for that to happen. The pigment is left in the third to fifth layers of the skin. Now the liquid which remains does leave your body via plasma and blood but is comprised of safer substances in regard to your body than crap most people eat on a daily basis. Mind you that is taking for granted you are getting tattooed by a responsible artist. There are PLENTY of risks involved if proper practices are not adhered to, equipment or ink is of poor quality, or plain and simple (the scariest scenario of all) the artist is just an idiot and working somewhere without regulation.

As for the permanence, well I actually hear you on that note... Although I'm a tattoo artist, for years I didn't have many tattoos at all. Now after doing it for nearly a decade I just see things differently. There is nothing I can't cover-up and removal is such an accessible option they don't even really seem permanent to me any longer.

Tattoos have just become a matter of fun for me. I don't take them seriously unless they are on my clients-LoL

Soooooo, with that said, lets forget I'm asking about tattoos here and let me just ask you what you feel is some of the most iconic imagery from the SMT franchise.....

Well in that case, go minimalist, not something tacky looking like that One Piece thing.

Also, I recorded some of OG Soul Hackers the other day(as well as Devil Summoner 1/Raidou 2) if there's any interest.

http://www.twitch.tv/cj_iwakura/b/390070348

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: April 13, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »

Magatama or the pressturn icon.  Something iconic definitely.  cj_iwakura would probably have good ideas.

I like the idea of the press turn icon to be honest. I'd get that. Or, there's lots of symbols everywhere, like in Digital Devil Saga - the Embryon etc. all have symbols.

I wish I could get Klyde to do tattooes for me. He'd totally understand when I ask for totally geeky ones like this. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2932 on: April 13, 2013, 01:36:56 PM »

Magatama or the pressturn icon.  Something iconic definitely.  cj_iwakura would probably have good ideas.

I like the idea of the press turn icon to be honest. I'd get that. Or, there's lots of symbols everywhere, like in Digital Devil Saga - the Embryon etc. all have symbols.

I wish I could get Klyde to do tattooes for me. He'd totally understand when I ask for totally geeky ones like this. ;)

I think I am leaning pretty heavily toward the press turn icon, it would fit around my elbow nicely... the only problem is I can't tattoo my own elbow (obviously) and that means I gotta find another artist to do it... that means I gotta wait! Oh well, good things to come I suppose.

Well in that case, go minimalist, not something tacky looking like that One Piece thing.

Also, I recorded some of OG Soul Hackers the other day(as well as Devil Summoner 1/Raidou 2) if there's any interest.

http://www.twitch.tv/cj_iwakura/b/390070348

I completely agree on the one piece tattoo and appreciate you for entertaining my question in spite of your personal feelings on the matter.

I love so many of the symbols from the games, but with details like they sport I would need to use a large area to render something like and make it look good. The symbol you have posted would require at least a full shoulder blade or better to look and age appropriately.

Cellular migration of pigment (tattoos spreading and looking nasty the older you get) is only a concern if you cram details too close togeather. Regardless I thank you again

And double- thank you for getting me a wee bit more excited for tuesday/monday midnight as well!! :)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2933 on: April 13, 2013, 01:51:12 PM »

I would wait until you play all the SMT's before you decide. The games are very symbol heavy and you may find a favorite later on.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2934 on: April 13, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »

I would wait until you play all the SMT's before you decide. The games are very symbol heavy and you may find a favorite later on.

More then likely the best advice ^^

I've got Devil Survivor (most of 1 and all of 2), Devil Summoner 2 and Digital Devil Saga (1 and 2) to go before I will have gotten through all the SMT stuff on my agenda (and of course everything that comes out between now and then).

On a completely unrelated note I am pleased as punch to report P2 EP is treating me just right! Really happy to see the difficulty was adjusted to provide (somewhat) of a challenge in combat in contrast to IS. I really can't believe these games were developed so close to one another, as EP is really striking me a step up.

EDIT: I never use guides or faqs... never even check em to see what I've missed after I'm done really.. having just looked up Mara from P3 because I had no recollection of such I am beginning to wonder just how much hidden or optional stuff I have missed out on. I am starting to feel like a second run through of some games may be necessary for me (waaaaay down the line).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:39:39 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2935 on: April 13, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »

The clan/Atma symbols from DDS are a great choice, they're very iconic but subtle.

(You can see it by her collar bone.)

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2936 on: April 13, 2013, 07:32:04 PM »

Got Soul Hackers.

I like how visually pleasing hacking is.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2937 on: April 13, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »

Got Soul Hackers.

You get everything early! Phooey on you!! I'm jealous enough waiting for the rest of Attack on Titan to come in the mail-LoL

The clan/Atma symbols from DDS are a great choice, they're very iconic but subtle.

(You can see it by her collar bone.)

Oooo boy... maybe the mongoose was right and i'd best wait to play DDS before making the decision... I would really like to sport the symbol done just like that in the same spot if I dig the game and character.

Man, I really am gonna be playing nothing but SMT stuff for the rest of this year... that was a joke before but now I'm not so sure.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2938 on: April 13, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »

Got Soul Hackers.

In addition to being envious, I must ask: where did you order from that you got it this early?

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2939 on: April 13, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »

Some places have broken street date. I hate them all. :(

Monday night for me, GameStop has midnight release.

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 260 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: