Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 12:04:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327421 Posts in 13406 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 255 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 340733 times)
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2955 on: April 14, 2013, 06:49:53 PM »

I would totally drop the 220ish on a used DS + Soul Hackers if my backlog wasn't already huge :( Here's hoping the game doesn't become impossibly rare by the time I do finally get around to getting a 3DS.
Hey, worst case scenario, there's always the eshop. Better hope your (used) 3DS doesn't break, though!

Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2956 on: April 14, 2013, 11:17:19 PM »

Yeah, that boss music is teh hotness.

OH FUCK YES. Just got around to watching the clips. I LOVE the dark, 90s feel of that boss track.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2957 on: April 14, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamRLR0QrG0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

This song is making me literally explode with anticipation. The last minute. My god.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2958 on: April 15, 2013, 12:47:21 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamRLR0QrG0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

This song is making me literally explode with anticipation. The last minute. My god.

When I first heard this track in the first trailer it got me so hype. This is Nocturne levels of awesomeness. I can't remember the composers name, but he is a fine successor to Meguro for this game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2959 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:40 AM »

Trying to convince my GF to buy Soul Hackers, but she only likes RPGs in medieval settings. Boooooo. 

I don't think Soul Hackers is the best way to ease her in, a lot of the settings are grimy and gross and suffer from a generally crap colour palette.

Game is interesting so far.  And kinda tough.  Major kudos to the amount of voiced work, but also the amount of "portrait-worthy" NPCs (i.e.; all of them).

Not 100% sure if this game is my thing (I'm not as big a SMT-fan in general, but I do appreciate the hell outta them though), but it is keeping my attention.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2960 on: April 15, 2013, 02:17:41 AM »

Trying to convince my GF to buy Soul Hackers, but she only likes RPGs in medieval settings. Boooooo. 

I don't think Soul Hackers is the best way to ease her in, a lot of the settings are grimy and gross and suffer from a generally crap colour palette.

Oh don't worry, she's been gaming for a while and generally doesn't care about graphics. One of her favorite games is Might and Magic 4 or something like that. That game looks terrible by todays standards. I've showed her videos of Soul Hackers already and she seems interested based on gameplay, but doesn't like the setting.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2961 on: April 15, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »

so i've played enough of p4 arena now to officially express my opinion. The verdict? Good God they had potential for a killer anime series here... that is all... I can't justify any other opinion I have on account of the fact that I can't stand any fighting games no matter how good they are.

7 hours left til I can pick up soul hackers... It will take some discipline to put into effect my carefully designed gaming regimen to handle Eternal Punishment as well but golly am I excited!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2962 on: April 15, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »

P4G:

Code:
I'm in Magatsu Inaba. Which is awesome, because magatsuinokami in Japanese is like a god that is responsible for sins based on human negative emotions, I believe. So I think that's a play on words. Or maybe not. Still cool. Neato. Also this game is amazing. The final dungeon theme is a remix of the P2 Monado Mandala theme, which is fucking badass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbutYegpbdg

Soul Hackers gets here tomorrow. My SMT cup runneth over.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2963 on: April 15, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »

Game is interesting so far.  And kinda tough.  Major kudos to the amount of voiced work, but also the amount of "portrait-worthy" NPCs (i.e.; all of them).

Not 100% sure if this game is my thing (I'm not as big a SMT-fan in general, but I do appreciate the hell outta them though), but it is keeping my attention.

Yeah, SH gives all the NPCs some love.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2964 on: April 16, 2013, 01:35:05 AM »

Soul Hackers tomorrow...and I still have yet to get through Strange Journey, Devil Survivor OC or 2, or even Nocturne.  I really need to stop spreading myself so thin!  ~_~

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2965 on: April 16, 2013, 01:44:16 AM »

Playing this in English is nothing short of surreal.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2966 on: April 16, 2013, 02:39:30 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/15/atluss-parent-company-index-holdings-is-in-debt/

Wahoh. Mayhap thou doth Persona too much?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: April 16, 2013, 03:24:16 AM »

I hear the Atlus arm is the most reliably profitable so clearly they do not Persona enough.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2968 on: April 16, 2013, 09:12:13 AM »

Mayhap that's why SMT IV is $50

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2969 on: April 16, 2013, 09:56:11 AM »

I'm surprised so many sites got their Soul Hackers reviews up day one, including the smaller sites I visit, including this place. I liked today's review, though I can already tell from the music I've youtubed that I disagree about the music not being stand-out. Still, it got me pumped to play SMT:DS:HS once it gets here.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 255 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: