Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:12:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330138 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 257 Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 351915 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3000 on: April 18, 2013, 09:14:44 PM »

The last thing I want to do in the game is be a walking commercial.

It's just kind of disheartening to see things like retailer DLC happening to a game like this.

Japan does it all the time, I know Pizza Hut flirted their way into Monster Hunter.

Besides, it's free.  Just don't use it.  I actually like the pattern on it (like I said, the "GS" does make it worse, but whatever -- you'll probably get some better armor within a few hours).

If ANYTHING I think it's great that Gamestop is interested enough in sort of sponsoring the title -- clearly Atlus fans?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3001 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:53 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542685

I think I'm just going to buy it used.

It would actually be kinda nice if they didn't slap that tacky ass "GS".

Huh, that is a "GS". Upon first glance I thought it was a tilted triangle-type symbol. Not worth pre-ordering the game from Gamestop for that since there are going to be tons of costumes in-game anyway.

"Oh, a hunter..."
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3002 on: April 18, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »

Pretty tacky, but I'm probably getting it from GS so I get it at midnight like I did SH. Very worth it.

Now, if it were a Messian robe...

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: April 18, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »

Japan does it all the time, I know Pizza Hut flirted their way into Monster Hunter.

If a Monster Hunter let me grill a Pizza over a fire similar to how you grill meat in that game I'd kind of want to import just to do that.

Anyways, this is just cosmetic DLC, right? Vaguely exasperating, but I'd rather have stuff like this than, say, a unique character, weapon, or stage exclusive to people who pre-order at the "right place." And I'd protest just by refusing that offer and sticking with someone else, I've done it more than a few times with Amazon pre-orders over GameStop.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3004 on: April 20, 2013, 11:50:34 AM »

Put my pre-order in at Gamestop. I know that robe is completely useless, and I won't use it, but it was mainly because they were advertising the limited edition.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3005 on: April 20, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/20/two-more-shin-megami-tensei-iv-pre-order-bonus-costumes-revealed/

Good news for those who preordered the game from somewhere other than GameStop or live in Canada. You both can get costumes that don't suck as much as the GS one.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3006 on: April 20, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »

I like the one from Amazon Canada, both are nice though.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: April 20, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »

A jacket made out of cardboard. Amazon shipping boxes to be precise.

... I'm not sure whether that's an amazing pre-order bonus outfit, or the worst I've ever seen.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: April 20, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »

The Amazon Canada one cracks me up.

I'll likely go for EB though as usual, since amazon.ca doesn't do release-day delivery.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3009 on: April 20, 2013, 03:38:50 PM »

Are there other bonus costumes announced as DLC?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: April 20, 2013, 03:40:20 PM »

Besides these and the hideous GS one upthread, I haven't found any.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3011 on: April 20, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

Maybe this is anti-day One DLC. Like in most games the preorder DLC is some overpowered item that turns you into a god.

In SMTIV it's just a jacket that makes you look like a complete nozzlebox.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3012 on: April 20, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »

Although, I would buy Amazon being around after the apocalypse. I'm not sure why I would buy it, but I would.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3013 on: April 22, 2013, 02:49:28 PM »

Maybe this is anti-day One DLC. Like in most games the preorder DLC is some overpowered item that turns you into a god.

Yeah, I agree 100%.  I'd like to see some actually cool looking armor and/or weapons (especially since the armor shows on the field).

Also kind of funny that we're talking more about pre-order DLC instead of the game that was just released last week.  No one like it?  I'm enjoying it.  Quick load times, quick battles, interesting setting, decent plot so far.  Gameplay can be brutal if you aren't keeping up with demon recruiting.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3014 on: April 22, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »

Yeah, I agree 100%.  I'd like to see some actually cool looking armor and/or weapons (especially since the armor shows on the field).

Also kind of funny that we're talking more about pre-order DLC instead of the game that was just released last week.  No one like it?  I'm enjoying it.  Quick load times, quick battles, interesting setting, decent plot so far.  Gameplay can be brutal if you aren't keeping up with demon recruiting.

I'm enjoying Soul Hackers immensely. The setting, if a bit outdated by today's standards, is great. I love the music, and all the little details they put into the game. The voice acting is above par IMO. Battling is standard, but with enough twists to keep me on my toes, and I actually feel like I'm employing a strategy each individual battle. The loyalty system is interesting; I like building my demons loyalty and choosing a well rounded party. I also like that I don't have to level my demons in this game, and that fusing is more important. In games like Strange Journey and Nocturne, I could stick with certain demons for a long time before every fusing, but in this, I'm fusing all the time to keep my demons up to date.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 257 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: